Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Am I bugging you yet?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 31, 2010 06:16PM

This green food is promoted as a nutritional support specifically for yoga practice. What do you think?
[www.yogabodynaturals.com]

It's found here
[www.yogabodynaturals.com]

1 MONTH SUPPLY ($49)
BUY 2 GET 1 FREE ($97.97)
ORDER 12 MONTH SUPPLY ($349 + FREE Shipping worldwide) this would be 29$/btl

Is this too good to be true or is it because it's a simple product without all the extras that usually appear in green food concoctions?

I love the idea of something quick and mineral rich to take in the morning, I'm not usually all that hungry straight off but it would suck to start stretching and get faint from hunger midway through! ha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Am I bugging you yet?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 31, 2010 06:21PM

Im not a fan of MSM as sulfur is easily available via diet.

The only other downside is the vitamin C being synthetic and bound to calcium.

The rest is fine barley grass, chlorella, spirulina etc. It doesnt tell you where the trace minerals are sourced so i cant comment on it.

Personally id either blend my own powders as its likely to be cheaper with no undesirables.

EDIT: I though the price said 29 not 49, definitely try and source your own powders. You could recreate the same if not better, adding in a natural vitamin C source such as amla, acerola, rose hips etc. Maybe some pine pollen etc would be much superior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 06:24PM by powerlifer.

Date: December 31, 2010 06:28PM

Darn it all! How do you blend your own mix? I sure don't need any extras like msm or vit c, like I'm low on C somehow! Not with my diet, that's for sure.

I've got some pure synergy and some raw perfect food that I plan on taking on alternate days but wouldn't mind just a plain old simple green food powder to stagger it with. I really don't need a complex mix, if I had the time and space for wheatgrass growing I'd do that. I'm just after an alternative to multivitamins, a whole food vit and mineral bump up first thing in the day. A smoothie is sometimes too much, especially if I'm getting up early to stretch or work out. No full belly then but a little something for energy. Can't run the blender at that hour without waking the kids either, that would totally blow the alone time I might otherwise get that early in the day tongue sticking out smiley. Darn those little monkeys! ha ha.

Date: December 31, 2010 06:43PM

Hahasmiling smiley, its more the synergistic effect of the natural C sources or natural any source. The bioflavinoids have there own benefits or in take amla's case they have many benefits such as increasing SOD.

You would just mix it by the teaspoon if you have scales then even better. Does pure synergy have the klamath algae in it if i remember?, which is toxic.

Date: December 31, 2010 06:51PM

The ingredients are all here, there's a lot of them.

[www.thesynergycompany.com]

Here's what they have to say about the Klamath Crystals

[www.thesynergycompany.com]

Mitchel May is so careful with his product, I'd be very surprised if the algae hasn't been tested to death. What would make it more toxic than other algaes?

Date: December 31, 2010 07:14PM

Unlike other safe algaes such as spirulina, klamath contains anatoxins and microcystins which can damage the liver and nervous system.

Date: December 31, 2010 07:38PM

Oh great, that's super fun. Well, it cost a bundle so I'll take it anyhow but will space it out. I'm going to PM you some questions about a few things on your site...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 01, 2011 02:25PM

powerlifer,

Thanks goodness you're here--you are saving us a lot of anxiety and expense! Really, with the guidance of a knowledgeable person, why couldn't you make your own green powder supplement?

Date: January 02, 2011 11:36AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer,
>
> Thanks goodness you're here--you are saving us a
> lot of anxiety and expense! Really, with the
> guidance of a knowledgeable person, why couldn't
> you make your own green powder supplement?

Thanks Tamukha, i spent thousands on supplements over the years really silly amounts of money trying to get well until i started to understand what i was facing and the correct tools to beat it.

Since then i havent really bought any encapsulated products as they obviously add there own mark-up which is often crazy amounts. Not only that is many times there is fillers. I now just mix my own formulas, making them up bespoke has the advantage that i can include whatever herb or green powders to my needs.

Date: January 02, 2011 05:13PM

I do have a capsule maker, I've made turmeric caps with it. I just can't stomach the taste of most of those things, blech! And capsules are so convenient too, just take them anywhere and you're good to go!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: January 02, 2011 10:47PM

a capsule maker sounds pretty awesome actually,lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 12, 2011 06:04PM

Now if I can only get my Mother in law to consume something like that! We asked her if she was interested in us getting her something, and she sounded like she wanted to. BUT then...when we came home with a sample packet, she said she was definately NOT interested. I was kind of hoping that she would heal faster from her broken vertebrae. She has an awful diet, so its going to take forever for her to heal, if ever. Shes 80, that doesn't help, and as osteo and joint problems.

Shes very particular about food, but not in a good way. Her food preferences are high fat animal products, refined flour, and overcooked vegetables. she likes fruit but doesn't always eat it. She gets bannanas, which I leave for her to eat, usually they start to turn brown, and just before they totally rot I eat it. She then wonders what happened to the bannana?

Date: January 12, 2011 06:15PM

>.< that sounds like my mom mislu >.< goodluck!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 14, 2011 07:07PM

Curator,
I helped her go see a doctor yesterday. I got news second hand that she told the doctor we have been 'Pushing supplements' on her. At first I was like ?!? The way she said that I envisioned dozens of bottles of chemical crap. After asking what she meant, my partner clarified that it was the small packet of "amazing meal" we got from whole foods. It was after I suggested she try something, and she said she wanted to try it, but then after we got it home she wasn't interested.

To make matters worse the doctor told her that eating a balanced diet will be enough. I thought to myself "great". He said that not knowing anything about her habits and perception of what balance means. I imagine he meant something different from what she heard. I honestly don't think shes going to get the nutritional support she needs right now. But obviously, that is unwelcome advice. So, I will leave it up to her, and hope that she recovers.

The sad part is that he mentioned the possibility that her fracture never heals. At some later part she could make a wrong sudden move and become paralized. I hope that doesn't happen. But it could still happen even given the optimal rest and nutrional support.

Date: January 14, 2011 10:07PM

yeah,my mom does that allot, she says she wants to try something, then changes her mind... maybe you could talk to her Doctor about suggesting she go to see a nutritionist (of her choice) and to not mention that you talked to him,lol... thats what i did when my mom was in the hospital, nutritionist actually came to her while she was still there... although she hasnt listened to the nutritionist:/... but its worth a try.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 15, 2011 01:36PM

Curator,
She has access to a very personal nutritionist, her daughter. Her daughter is a professional nutritionist that has a degree and works for the local school district. This morning I see there is a bottle of vitamin D with calcium along with her usual pills.

I thought I hope it works, but it seems to be a case of cognitive dissonance. She seemed to object to a whole food concentrate, but went for the isolated chemical nutrient stuff. I hope it works. I guess she trusts her daughter way more on two accounts, that is evident.

Date: January 16, 2011 12:02AM

ah, well, I hope it works too! at least its better than nothinggrinning smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: January 16, 2011 02:30PM

"I hope it works too! at least its better than nothing"

That remains to be seen. Sometimes nothing is better than a supplement, especially if its not a limiting nutrient. The thing I am a bit worried about is that it will do something bad for her magnesium/calcium ratio. Very important, even by convential standards, magnesium is more important, in that most people already are low in magnesium, and have a less than optimal ratio.

I also have the general idea that good bone healing requires a host of nutrients, not just calcium and vitamin d. I have seen formulas with many, many nutrients. Its odd, but companies that have done the research have kept on adding nutrients for optimal bone health. In the end these formulas are starting to look like a more generalized health supplement.

I'm not going to make any suggestions from this point on. I also understand that perspective and other habits makes a difference. She has a different mind set about things, and I am sure that any information would not be understood from her frame of reference. I would rather her make the best choices given her understanding, rather than confuse her.

Date: January 16, 2011 03:21PM

I forgot to add she saw the doctor recently, and its rather depressing. The doctor said there was a possibility she might NOT heal! Not what she wanted to hear at all. Also that she should expect to wear the neck collar for 6 months!

I don't know how long it takes old people to heal bones, but that sounds like a very long time. Also that it might not heal? I guess what else to expect? I guess nobody can promise healing. But it seems a little off to me to say something like that.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 16, 2011 03:54PM

Mislu,

Please remember that, as depressing as it sounds, when one is in the autumn of one's life, one's body is not madly working to build new itssues all the time, as there is no need. She's not a growing teen. The important thing is for her to consume a wide variety of mineral nutrients to maintain the health of the surrounding bone and to help bring healing about. I hope things go well for her.

Date: January 17, 2011 02:04PM

Yes, I know that elders don't heal as fast, and they often have a more difficult time absorbing and processing nutrients. I don't think that calcium carbonate and vitamin D is a wide variety of minerals. It might help, but I just think that a broader spectrum of nutrients would have been better.

I can't make those choices. Its rather frustrating, its like watching a slow train wreck. I guess the good thing is I am off the hook if something goes wrong. Who knows maybe shes making the most informed choices based on her doctors and daughters advice! Calcium may be a limiting element for her right now, but somehow I don't think so, she cosumes alot of milk and yogurt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables