Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Plan to Quit Smoking
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2011 12:46AM

Smokers generally ask for answers as to how to quit and not why to quit. There is lot of Help to quit smoking and no method is particularly the right way to quit. But there are some keys elements in quitting smoking like- making the decision to quit, setting a quit date and choosing a quit plan, dealing with withdrawal and staying quit.

The decision to quit smoking needs to be made by the smoker alone. He has to make the real commitment. Once a decision to quit smoking has been made, the smoker should decide on a quit date. He should start making preparations for the quit date. There is no right method to quit and hence one can choose any method suitable to oneself. Friends and family should be informed about the quit date. Cigarettes and ash trays should be cleared from all the places. Oral substitutes like sugarless gum, carrot sticks, hard candy, cinnamon sticks etc should be kept ready. Successful quitting depends on proper planning and commitment.

Dealing with withdrawal symptoms is very tough. It has two parts- mental and physical. The mental symptoms pose greater challenge compared to physical symptoms. Smokers also tend to make rationalizations and justify smoking. Rationalizations are mistaken thoughts that seem to make sense at a particular time, but the thoughts are not based on reality. Smokers must avoid rationalizations. One must use the same methods that were used to quit smoking, to stay quit always. Smokers also tend to slip or relapse. Slip is a onetime mistake that can be corrected immediately while a relapse is going back to smoking. Smokers should try recovering from slip. Even in case of relapse, one must not get discouraged but make another trial.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plan to Quit Smoking
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2011 02:00AM

I rolled my own smokes comprised of half and half lobelia and mullien herbs with a pinch of catnip and had them for the 2 weeks it takes to get over the physical addiction. After that I might have smoked them for another 2 weeks or so, the desire just fell away when the physical cravings ended. That was over 20 years ago and I've never looked back since smiling smiley.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables