Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Iodine
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 05, 2011 01:40AM

Gabriel Cousins advocated using an iodine solution to soak produce while in other countries but I got some MMS solution to soak our veggies etc in (won't be taking that internally either, it smells SO bleachy!).

In a review on Edgar Cayce's Atomidine the fellow says that it's great for your gums, this was very appealing to me. Also "Brushing with three drops of Atomidine three times a week is a great way to get the iodine your body needs, especially if you are off fish (vegetarian or vegan) and don’t eat any sea vegetables." This is a good delivery system for getting iodine into the body? Pretty interesting that. I don't love regularly eating seaweed so much that I wouldn't gladly give it up.
He also uses it mixed with shampoo.

Then there is this stuff with homeopathic additives.
[www.baar.com]

Iosol has been recommended to me and it looks good but if I'm going to brush with drops of Atomidine I might be getting too much of a good thing if I also take Iosol internally!

Does anyone here use any of these brands or have any input at all? Thanks folks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Iodine
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: February 05, 2011 04:04AM

Tam? Tam?

I read in another thread that Tam takes Iosol...maybe she will weigh in on it.

Date: February 05, 2011 04:19AM

She suggested that one to me, it looks very good.

There are some that seem better for topical application, like in the mouth or on the hair. Others are better for taking internally. I might get both actually. And in one of the places I looked there was a really neat looking tooth and gum paste that had great ingredients including a bit of iodine.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 05, 2011 03:24PM

I'm here! I'm here!

coco, am perplexed by your, um, focus on iodine. If you haven't been diagnosed hypothyrotic, and you consume sea vegetables, and if you avoid things like bromide(found in grain products), chlorine, and fluoride, you prolly only need a little. A little Atomidine or Iosol would be fine. If you don't have thyroid problems, then don't worry about having to brush your gums or wash your hair with it or whatever else that website is recommending. A little now and then should be enough to counteract toxic halides.

Please remember Cayce died in 1945, dear; a lot has changed since he concluded philosophizing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 03:25PM by Tamukha.

Date: February 05, 2011 04:11PM

Your list is scary Tam! There is fluoride in the city water here (after living in places for the past 8 years that didn't have any added!) and it is of course chlorinated. We use a brita (looking for a better filter) but that is so minimal and we bathe in it and brush our teeth with it (also looking for a good shower filter). I am always, always cold but have normal thyroid function according to tests. We eat local foods but this is the goiter belt! And we don't forgo grains entirely.
My hair suffered after baby number 2, if there are natural things to help it grow stronger and thicker I'm interested. I am taking silica and have done a round of fo-ti as well as looking into Tonya Zavatas recipes and treatments for hair and skin (I can make my own stuff though, no need to order expensive products!). I get flaky all over in the winter time, skin and hair. My body does not react well to cold.
And we have soft teeth and sensitive gums, runs in the family, so I am always looking for an alternative to use in the mouth. The kids won't use toothsoap, big surprise there right. If I can find a paste that tastes a bit better they might be into it. But I don't want to brush with iodine that absorbs into the body and then take more of it and overdo it!

Mostly I was thinking of something to wash produce with and use for first aid but then came across so much other information I just had to check things out.
I will go with colloidal silver in the medicine cabinet and MMS to wash produce but I'm thinking about iodine for those other uses.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 05, 2011 07:01PM

Ozone is great for washing foods/produce probably the best and if i remember its FDA approved for that purpose.

seaweeds are the best for iodine in my opinion, no need for iodoral synthetic compounds.

Date: February 05, 2011 07:12PM

How do you use ozone in the house though?

Ugh. Seaweed. Eating it every day is a DRAG! There's only so much that I like and it can be hard to find. And I can't get it into the kids either, they just aren't having it.

Date: February 05, 2011 08:25PM

Can you get a powdered seaweed into a smoothie? or similar i agree seaweeds are hard enough for adults lol. But they dont need to be consumed everyday.

ozone water sorry i should have said, im sure is FDA approved for its ability to destroy pesticides etc.

Date: February 05, 2011 11:09PM

coco,

Regarding cleansing produce: for pesticides, I do the white winegar/H20 soak, and for pathogenic microbes, I do a soak in water with a small amount of food grade hydrogen peroxide in it; works a treat.

Date: February 06, 2011 04:09AM

Do you soak produce in some vinegar with added peroxide then? That sounds doable...

Date: February 06, 2011 11:00AM

Similar principle with the hydrogen peroxide and ozone. Ozone has the benefit that you can ozonate water and get the benefits from that also.

Date: February 06, 2011 06:24PM

Vinegar and peroxide are pretty easy to find though, I have never seen ozone water or even heard of it before. Where would one even get such a thing?

Date: February 06, 2011 10:34PM

coco,

I don't combine them--I'll do HP first then follow with white vinegar soak, because I figure that's the top down contamination: first, the plant is sprayed with pesticides, then, at harvest, the picker sneezes all over it, so cleanse in reverse order smiling smiley

Date: February 06, 2011 10:39PM

EWW! LOL!

Date: February 07, 2011 05:43PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vinegar and peroxide are pretty easy to find
> though, I have never seen ozone water or even
> heard of it before. Where would one even get such
> a thing?

Its a small machine which ozonates water you can get medical grade ones which have been used by doctors in germany and other countries against cancer.

I have a non-medical grade one which i believe is FDA approved for the purpose of cleaning vegetables i.e destroying pesticides. I believe its also FDA approved for its ability to clean water and increase the oxygen content.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables