Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

LEDs Filled with Toxic Substances, Study Says
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 15, 2011 11:42PM

Just Repeal the Ban on Regular Lightbulbs

[news.yahoo.com]

"In the LEDs, the researchers found toxic chemicals including antimony, arsenic, chromium, and lead, as well as numerous other metals. In some cases, the amount of element was well over the regulation limit. In the low intensity red LEDs, researchers found the lead content was over 8 times the regulatory limit and the nickel content was approximately two and a half times over the limit as well."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2011 11:45PM by KidRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LEDs Filled with Toxic Substances, Study Says
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 16, 2011 05:10AM

hmmm, says they are christmas lights, not the bulbs used for home lighting usually... most of the christmas lights are made in china, I ordered a string of 100 blue ones from china, over ebay, for $6 free shipping... I think domestically produced products would probably be better:/ and specifically testing ones actually meant to be used for lighting, would be even better, as most of them are not made in china (although I can get chinese ones for around $3-5 too on ebay, compared to the $100+ of domestic ones, there is obviously a difference in quality.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2011 01:42PM

EVERYTHING is made in China now though. This is very disappointing news.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: February 16, 2011 09:35PM

You would think the Chinese would be dying off by the thousands since4 everything made there is so contaminated. Does anyone know if they have major health problems due to all of this?

Date: February 16, 2011 10:54PM

If they do they're not about to let it be publicly known! This is a country that can shut off it's internet, they control what gets reported there and from there, you can bet on it.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:28AM

or its just their version of war,lol.... keep the good safe stuff for their selves, send the poison filled stuff to us,lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: February 17, 2011 02:47AM

Yeah, I remember a few years ago when candy from China came to the U.S. & it had lead in it...what better way to wage war than to silently poison the enemy...

Date: February 17, 2011 02:50AM

Melamine in that fake baby milk and candy too.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 17, 2011 03:09AM

Well, I remember when the US first started having a problem with toxic
Chinese imports and I read a CT about how maybe the US was trying to badmouth China by making them look like they were sending us bad stuff, and it kind of made sense that you never know, we could be trying to demonize China's stuff for some ulterior motive.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables