Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oh for ... I just give the heck up.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2011 01:25AM

Don't worry about exercising some self control or anything, just put this crap on your food and you'll be fine. Sheesh!

[www.howlifeworks.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh for ... I just give the heck up.
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 09, 2011 01:51AM

I remember when I was a kid that my mom had a spice rack and one of the jars was MSG!!! It was a white powder; I doubt McCormick sells it anymore, LOL. I remember taking it out and sprinkling some on a stalk of celery and it tasted soooo good...Too funnysmiling smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 09, 2011 01:56AM

seems like a scam, theres a link in the article to a site, that is JUST like many scam websites for other weightloss/health products, offer a free supply! just give them your credit card number to pay for shipping (cue in massive random charges) then when you try to exit the site, every single site like this one, pops up a thing saying nooo doooont we have a live operator to talk to you first! in which they offer you a better deal, however it isnt live, its a chat bot...

Id say if anybody WAS interested in it id say research a bit more first, then get one of those pre-pay debit cards at the store, so they cant charge you anything extra if its not legitimate...

Is the how life works website a generally legitimate blog? something you've been reading for a long time or something you just came across? as many such sites ive seen write articles about a scam product page, link to it, and they are both really owned by the same people...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2011 02:06AM

Link is from Yahoo news.

Friends had MSG in their kitchens growing up. I was always like "Your mom puts WHAT on your food?!" Thanks hippy mama for feeding me tofu and sprouts growing up, you did a good thing.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 09, 2011 03:07PM

My mom had a small jar of MSG in the spice cabinet, high up, that she bought, against her better judgment, after she and my dad moved out to the burbs. It was touted as a great barbecue aid for meat: if you live in the burbs and have a Florida room, you will barbecue, by God! You would not believe how many mainstream cookbooks from a few decades ago called for a pinch of MSG in their recipes. Better Living Through Chemistry and all that. The jar looked like it hadn't been used in decades(she only ever used a couple teaspoons, total, realizing that salt and garlic work better and aren't toxic). Yet she couldn't throw it out--it lingered up there, at the back, unwanted and unloved and slightly stained with steak juice. I came to think of it as that relic from the Nixon administration. I finally "pardoned" it by ceremoniously chucking it into the garbage can in the garage, "I hereby release you from your obligations to our family." Goodness knows how many guests were sent home from a Florida room shindig with a sudden onset headache from that stuff!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 15, 2011 06:37AM

lol i liberated my parentts MSG to the garbage as well .. yikes that stuff lol . . it was a crusty old bottle ..it even had impacted on itself with moisture .. it was a chunk of MSG lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables