Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cold during naps
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 21, 2011 05:13AM

For the last few months whenever I take a nap in the middle of the day I freeze the whole time and never get warm. My feet are pure ice. I am using the same blankets that I use at night time, the room temp is normal, and I sleep fine at night. What could be going on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cold during naps
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 21, 2011 10:09AM

Are you needing these naps daily? I had similar problems when i had adrenal/thyroid problems and it would be the same time everyday and my feet were like pure ice also.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: March 21, 2011 10:46AM

Probably about the same time every day. Sometimes I don't nap even though I really feel the need to. Sometimes when I do that I am so tired by 5pm that I have to stop everything and go lay down.

I have no doubt that I suffer from some level of adrenal burnout. When I had my business I worked really long stressful hours everyday with hardly ever a day off. For five years. By the time I sold the biz 7 months ago I was in complete burn out.

Someone here wrote that it took them over 6 months of sleeping a lot to recover from stress/adrenal burn out. (Was it Prana?) So I am trying to just let my body heal by resting a lot, drinking a lot of water, and focusing on eating healthy and getting exercise a couple times a day.

I know you write a lot about adrenal burn out. What else should I be doing?

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 21, 2011 11:34AM

Try wearing light loose cotton socks, but that wouldn't address the problem. Maybe we just get colder as we age (not saying you're old or anything...), and lose body fat, even in our feet. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 21, 2011 11:40AM

It does sound adrenal gland related rocket and very similar to my story.

Staying away from all stimulants is a must, aswell as reducing your stress level to start before anything. A good diet rich in fruits(vitamin C), vegetables and protein is a must. Which you are probably doing if your on here anyway.

The adaptogenic herbs that i talk often about are what healed me, aswell at the time i wasnt pure vegan and i still rate bee pollen as being a great tool due to nourishing the endocrine system and restoring the adrenal glands through its vitamin b5 content.

The adaptogen herbs are a good start, you'll notice that your not needing your nap when you use them. I still cycle various adaptogens to stop myself from burning out due to a high stress lifestyle. They all have other various benefits anyway and arent harmful in anyway so its win-win really.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables