Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Magnesium for restless leg syndrome
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 10, 2011 09:32PM

I have a friend that has had rls for a long time and the meds the Dr. put him on didn't help. I went out and got him magnesium capsules and in a day his rls went away. He's thrilled. I think he can stop with the meds and continue the magnesium.

If you aren't eating enough of the fresh produce that gives you magnesium, and potassium, then taking the magnesium supplements may help.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Magnesium for restless leg syndrome
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 11, 2011 11:25AM

Magnesium has been found to be helpful in those with restless leg syndrome as magnesium generally relaxes muscles, blood vessels and the over release of adrenaline.

Make sure its an acidified type of magnesium though such as magnesium citrate/malate. Magnesium oxide the common type is caustic, poorly absorbed and neutralizes stomach acid.

Transdermal magnesium oil is good also.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: April 11, 2011 04:47PM

High in Magnesium
Fruits and vegetables that contain 80mg or more of magnesium per reference amount (20% of the daily value) qualify to carry the label “high in magnesium." Examples include:

Almonds
Brazil Nuts
Pinto beans
Spinach (1/2 cup cooked)

Good Source of Magnesium
Fruits and vegetables that contain 40 to less than 80mg of magnesium per reference amount (10%-19% of the daily value) qualify to carry the label “good source of magnesium.” Examples include:

Artichoke hearts
Beet greens -cooked
Black Beans
Butternut squash
Cashews
Chickpeas
Great northern beans
Hazelnuts
Lentils
Lima beans
Navy beans
Okra
Peanuts
Pine nuts
Red kidney beans
Soybeans
Walnuts
White beans

Date: April 11, 2011 04:54PM

Depending on the cost factor of what one can afford, magnesium oxide is usually the cheapest and I've taken it and not had any noticeable side effects.

I have taken grams of it for some months, then only 500 to 1000 mgs. when needed.

My friend started with 1000 mgs. (1 gram) and his rls abated that night.

Of course we all want to get our magnesium thru our raw food diet. The supplements are for immediate relief while you improve your diet. Also, I find supplements can let you know in a day to a week if you really need that nutrient. Not just for magnesium but for others as well.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: April 13, 2011 05:37AM

buy natural calm by natural vitality.i take it best mag. also tell you friend to drink more water and add a little salt to help it absorb.i would use celtic salt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables