Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can someone interpret this ultrasound result?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: May 18, 2011 04:11AM

** The gallbladder is distended. There are 2 echogenic nodule
abutting the gallbladder wall measuring 4 mm and 3 mm each

Findings suggest gallbladder polyps.***

Is this something to worry about? My doctor doesn't seem to think so since he ordered no more tests and told me to pick up some antibiotics for a stomach bacteria. Can these "polyps" disintegrate or pass through? I'm a bit saddened that I eat the same diet, if not better, than the one recommended for people with gallbladder issues yet I still have to deal with this. sad smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can someone interpret this ultrasound result?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 18, 2011 12:38PM

rufio,

How is your health, generally? Liver deploying bile OK? Getting sufficient calories and good fats? Sorry you are going through this. Does your doctor know about your diet and has she or he discussed it? The polyps are typically benign and can occur with age, btw.

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: May 18, 2011 06:50PM

I also have high bilirubin (2.0) but my doc shrugged that off. This is related to gallbladder as well correct? My liver, spleen, pancreas showed up normal on an ultrasound, and blood labs were pretty good too except for the bilirubin. I've read people with Gilbert's Syndrome will have high bilirubin counts but it's hereditary and nothing to worry about. I'm obviously having symptoms related to this so it is worrying. For the positive h. pylori I have, I am taking action with mastic gum and probiotics. I also have oregano oil, colloidal silver, and milk thistle (which I bought for my liver but now I see it's not the problem) on hand. I'm going to start drinking aloe vera juice everyday and ACV+Water occassionally.

I eat a high fruit, high leafy green, low-fat diet with some cooked meals... do you think not consuming enough fats caused this problem? I don't really have a source for omega-3's other than the leafy greens. I've read that a low-fat diet can contribute to gallstones but the sites seemed like quackery. I also read that when you have gallbladder issues it is advised you follow a low-fat diet, hmm. Something about the gallbladder purging bile when you eat a fatty meal - that would seem like a good thing but I suppose that's only when it is functioning normally to begin with.

Thanks, Tamukha.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 19, 2011 12:26AM

rufio,

High bilirubin implicates the liver; you may have a stagnation in this "axis," as a problem with one organ typically involves the other. In an acute gallbladder or liver based disorder, one should observe a low fat diet, but excessively low fat can cause problems with bile production, and as a result, the organs involved in this process. A small amount of fats keeps the bile flowing smoothly, see? An excess cause overproduction, and a host of unrelated disorders. It's a fine balance.

How is your blood sugar? I have found in the past that consuming too many sweet fruits at one time was causing symptoms of Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver disease, which can elevate bilirubin levels and cause gallbladder problems. What are your cooked meals like? Healthy? Fried? I think generally cleansing may be a good idea, so the aloe vera and ACV + water should help. Also, I cannot overemphasize the importance of green smoothies, from organic leafy greens and with loads of lemon juice, in clearing out the alimentary system.

I hope you heal soon smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables