Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rooibos
Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: February 03, 2012 01:27AM

Is rooibos worth adding to the diet for its health benefits?

Does anyone know the best way to brew tea? I have no experience with this and read that loose leaf is the way to go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rooibos
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 03, 2012 09:53AM

Rooibos is great not only is it higher in antioxidants than green tea but it is also caffeine free and low in tannins. Rooibos has shown in studies to help prevent heart disease, stroke and more.

Loose leaf is best and i just stick a heaped teaspoon in a cup, pour boiling water leave to infuse and then strain with a tea strainer.

We actually do some great Rooibos blends here.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: February 03, 2012 11:07AM

thats great to hear.

how do you know if your water is heated to the right temperature? ive looked at the electric kettles on the market and they all have plastic parts that leech into the water. so then how would you get water to, say, 212 degrees F?

Date: February 03, 2012 11:40AM

I just boil the kettle and pour it in, i wouldn't worry to much about the temperature, boiling the kettle and then pour over the rooibos.

The good bit about Rooibos is not only is it caffeine free and possesses antioxidants like green tea, but that it is low in tannins. Tannins are what bind to various nutrients such as iron and thus lower them. This can be a problem for big tea drinkers.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 15, 2012 10:28PM

I love rooibos - it's just about all I drink; no rice or soy milk, just black. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Date: February 16, 2012 02:30AM

We have a good range of herbal teas loose leaf and best quality but not many orders for them which is odd, as our prices are on par or cheaper than competitors. Some places charge 5-8 times the price per 100g. Our search engine rating is low though the competition is strong. Pity as we have some great tasting rooibos blends with mild spicy chilli pieces, rooibos chais etc.

Our regular chai spice is amazing. Silver needle white tea is what im drinking at the moment.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables