Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Natural Soap
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 03, 2012 11:41AM

What does everyone use to wash themselves with ?. I have been using various natural soaps for a few years now, no synthetic chemicals, perfumes or any of them nasties just pure soap with essential oils.

Heres a sneak peak at my own natural soap range which should be for sale soon.

[vegankingdom.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Natural Soap
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 03, 2012 02:02PM

Wow, they sound super delicious! Cardamom & Orange, Cedar & Lemon... yum.

I use Dr Bronner's liquid castile soap, the unscented hemp oil based one. We wash with it and use it for cleaning. It, baking soda, salt, vinegar and lemon make up my cleaning supplies. Ok, occasionally peroxide for this or that and I make laundry soap from washing soda and borax.

There is a wonderful natural soap maker locally, they are super popular. I'm sure your soaps will do well, they sound lovely.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 03, 2012 04:02PM

Thanks Coco, that is our new logo and we will be launching a new website soon also smiling smiley.

That is cool and pretty much the same as me, we could a traditional castile soap also. Hemp oil is great for the skin especially due to the fatty acids and vitamin E.

Its amazing when you see how much synthetic chemicals, perfumes and other crap are in the average skin care product. Most of that stuff can't be good for the skin, especially as many people wash and use them daily. That hair dye thread you just posted for example.

Maybe i will do a little competition on our Amla blog for some free soap giveaway, if i do i will give you guys a heads up so you can enter.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 03, 2012 05:15PM

Those South of France brand bar soaps for body, and Doc Bronners for hands and hair.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 03, 2012 10:35PM

I find Dr. Bronner's too harsh for my skin but I buy it occasionally for home stuff. I like this Trader Joe's vegetable oatmeal soap but it goes too fast for me. I buy different things. Kiss My Face is a bit messy but I like their olive oil soap.

Date: February 03, 2012 10:52PM

Have you tried the hemp oil baby castile BW? I use it on the kids, it seems gentle. I wouldn't put it in my hair though. For that I have some Avalon and Nature's Gate right now but I'm not loyal to any one brand. We wash our hair so infrequently that by the time I need a new bottle they have usually changed it, lol.

I'd be interested in the Neem soap on your list Powerlifer. Neem is really interesting stuff.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 03, 2012 11:57PM

They're all hemp oil but the baby one doesn't have any scent, as I recall. Nah, too whatever...it burns a bit. Of course I don't dilute it. Could that be an issue, LOL?

Date: February 04, 2012 12:00AM

You don't dilute it?! No wonder it's too strong for you, lol. I think the bottle says 1:18 soap to water.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 04, 2012 01:36PM

banana who,

I use a 50/50 ratio of water to Baby Mild Doc Bronners liquid soap for my face in the summer, and 70/30 ratio of wtaer to soap in the winter--not too drying that way smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables