Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ganesha Swedish Acupressure Mats
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 11, 2012 10:17PM

Anyone tried any of these Ganesha or Swedish Acupressure Mats ?.

They are amazing, best cheapish purchase ive made for my health, i would say even better than my dry skin brush and i like dry skin brushing for stimulating my lymphatic system.

My review below doesn't do it justice but its late and im tired lol.

[vegankingdom.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ganesha Swedish Acupressure Mats
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 12, 2012 12:34AM

Hey, cool! A friend sells something similar in her store called a "spoonk rider" LOLOLOLOLOL! Funny name but on your recommendation I'll have to give it a try sometime. Interesting!

Date: February 12, 2012 09:38AM

They are really great i feel a good solid mood boost everytime aswell as energy.

I say this everytime but i must look into doing some yoga or tai chi smiling smiley.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: February 12, 2012 11:55AM

I forgot to say that it is amazing bare foot also. The rush of endorphins you get the first few steps is intense. Really boosts my mood for hours after unlike anything else ive tried that is natural.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 12, 2012 11:15PM

Interesting! They did a review of this product on the CBC afternoon chat show "Steven and Chris" last season, and the testers were unanimous in their dislike of the feeling of lying on it, though they conceded that with longer term use, the sensation might become pleasant and health benefits could accrue. None of them is a vegie, mind you, and that may make the difference smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2012 04:54PM

I reckon that may be because they were using it wrong, its not just a case of lying on it and enduring a little pain. I have had a few sessions where ive felt nothing more than it irritating my back, this is because im not positioned correctly.

Soon as im positioned correctly the initial prickly pain dissapears and my back is total warmth. Music is amazing also, like strong exercise rushes im finding.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: February 15, 2012 09:58PM

Powerful adrenal stimulant and from what i have observed so far doesn't come down i.e in the way a CNS stimulant such as caffeine would.

Just tapers off slowly over the day. Im not really into spiritual things, im not the most spiritual person in general, i don't meditate, believe in chi's or aura's. But that isn't through ignorance just that its not something ive ever delved into researching.

Probably something i can do with as im a highly stressed out person and prone to adrenal fatigue if i don't watch my lifestyle. But there is something amazing about these.

The soft and combi mats came today which are abit dearer, my back skins abit sore but the soft is brutal lol. Even short 2-3 minute sessions are making me energized and even a little high feeling, giddy euphoria like after a good run or boxing session but much stronger. Goes great with music in the headphones.

Best thing i have tried for mood also. You do have to be positioned exactly perfect though, which some seem to have problems with. A few sessions again recently haven't been that great, then the next ends up amazing. The tip i can find is that if after 2-3 minutes the pain of the "nails" is still hurting your back then you are positioned wrong. You should basically feel like the mat has gone and a warmth over your back.

Makes sense that you have to get the correct acupressure points in the body and not just a case of lying on it and enduring pain. A few times recently it has sent me to sleep again, great for those with insomnia which i still suffer from now and again. I find it hard to switch of after working near full days at times.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2012 10:03PM by powerlifer.

Date: February 16, 2012 03:00PM

powerlifer,

I know you claim to not be spiritual, but that was one of the most esoteric product descriptions I've ever read, LOL! You're a swami, a swami of the acupressure mat!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 16, 2012 08:43PM

Powerlifer, what did you mean about 'soft and combi mats being dearer?' A different material that is more expensive? I think I just saw these at Whole Foods a few weeks ago and was intrigued. The price was around $69.95 and it sold out when I looked the next time. Today I see they've restocked. I was interested but not sure if it worked but if we're talking about the same thing I am pumped about the possibililty of revving up without stimulantssmiling smiley

Date: February 16, 2012 11:24PM

The Ganesha is a fabric mat with circular discs with many finer pressure points.

The soft and combi mats are more nail shaped spikes and one is soft the other is a little harder if i remember. By dearer i meant they are a little more expensive than the Ganesha. Personally in my truthful opinion i would start with the Ganesha, it is cheaper also.

You can work up to a stronger mat, but the Ganesha is perfectly good enough,

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: February 17, 2012 01:02AM

I don't think Ganesha brand is available Stateside, banana who.

Date: February 17, 2012 01:03AM

Are the more expensive mats with plastic spikes? The one I saw on Amazon is only $30 but the one in WF was twice that. I don't know the companies but one comment on Amazon said that you have to be careful about size and that's why some are cheaper. Thanks for the info. I am gonna get one!

Date: February 17, 2012 12:43PM

The more expensive mats are the traditional ones i.e ones with the plastic spikes instead of the circular bits.

Both are good, although i would start with the cheaper Ganesha one, no reason to shelve out for the more expensive unless you get on well and want to progress.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: February 17, 2012 04:30PM

Are they "better" (the spikes)? If the results are the same, I will get the cheaper version. But if the spikes stimulate more, then why not get the best?

Date: February 17, 2012 04:34PM

Sometimes less is more. Ever worn those shoes with the nubs in the sole that are supposed to be for acupressure? Those are tolerable but my mom had another sort in the form of an insole that was more stimulating and nobody could stand to use them for more than a minute or two. My advice is to try before you buy, if it's not comfortable or doesn't feel helpful you'll know if it's right for you.
This is to me the same sort of difference between doing a 14 day fast or just cleaning up the daily diet bit by bit to experience detox over time. I think the more radical can be the less helpful overall.

Date: February 18, 2012 11:31AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are they "better" (the spikes)? If the results are
> the same, I will get the cheaper version. But if
> the spikes stimulate more, then why not get the
> best?

The better spike and more spike like shape do stimulate more, although i found them quite a shock between my tolerance of the Ganesha and the soft one so to speak. Really if you have the money id probably buy the more expensive but the £29 Ganesha more than suffices to give benefits.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: March 23, 2012 11:05PM

Picked up my organic hemp Spoonk Rider the other day, lol. It's REALLY spikey, I'll be wearing a shirt and socks to lay and stand on it for sure. Can't wait to try it out and will report back. After all the hype I expect great things winking smiley.

Date: March 24, 2012 09:03AM

Nice one Coco, i still can't handle the soft mat with no shirt on.

So i have been using the Ganesha one, definite increase in energy, mood and overall well being with daily use. Pretty cool, let me know what you think coco, like i say if its the same type of mat its not just a case of lying down on it and hurting your back with the spikes as much as possible, there is a certain method to it which is hard to describe. But once you feel it you will know, the mild pain from the spikes dissapears and you get a nice warm feeling all over your back.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables