Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Colonic
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 13, 2012 11:29PM

I think with myself its that i have tried pretty much every common alternative therapy, supplement, herb i can think of and sometimes feel i can't talk objectively without trying everything first.

But it does seem quite invasive which is why i haven't done it, i mean do they put the bit up your bum or do you lol ?.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2012 12:00AM

It's like going to the Dr. For a women this might be a bit more tolerable, internal exams etc. That wasn't a big deal for me.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 15, 2012 12:16PM

Another advantage that I think of (personal opinion):

I think colonics gradually stretch the pinching points of the GI track somehow, especially coming from a SAD diet (colon health neglected). The pinching points are the small diameter atrophied points of the video link earlier. Gradually, the bowel movement becomes more frequent and ends up matching the ideal number of 3 a day (3 meals a day). But it doesn't have to be 3. One master health one is also good. It depends on your working lifestyle too.

People don't give importance to these things. But I think it makes a huge improvement in the quality of life. People love good meals but underestimate good bowel movements smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 15, 2012 02:08PM

Panchito,

I think colonics gradually stretch the pinching points of the GI track somehow, especially coming from a SAD diet (colon health neglected). The pinching points are the small diameter atrophied points of the video link earlier.

I have never heard this, but it would explain why people feel benefits over time, and it would lend the therapy credibility in mainstream gastroenterology. If they knew about it, that is.

Gonna watch the video; thanks for posting smiling smiley

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:28PM

In my personal journey with colonics, the first one was 'shocking' in the sense that I could take little water and the bloating effect was vivid. As I did more (spaced by a week+), I noticed that the shock effect was decreasing and that I could take more water without bloated feelings. I use a semitranslucent water reservoir and I can see how much water goes in. In my last one, I was a little nervous that I did not feel as much pressure as I used to, and that there could be an internal leak somewhere (hey, you never know). But I am cool as a cucumber. My bowel movements are my best ever and I can tell things are working great.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables