Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any (extreme) couponers here?
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: March 12, 2012 10:18PM

Just curious if any members on here do (extreme) couponing? It seems that all of the foods/supplies that we use are not part of any or many coupon deals.

Most of the coupons that I am aware of are for the major pre-packaged brands, etc.. I suppose there are some deals to be had with certain cleaning supplies or things like that, but overall I don't see many good coupon deals.

Any thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2012 10:19PM by veganjuice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any (extreme) couponers here?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 12, 2012 10:46PM

No, for the reason you mention. I do the grocery shopping for a dear family friend who eats some fresh fruit and a very bare minimum of fresh vegetables, but otherwise subsists on a canned/boxed/Wonder Bread diet. I clip coupons for her and increasingly feel like it's a visit to another bizarre planet. Even the healthier products for which there are coupns are all extremely processed, by our definition: no coupons for regular Birds Eye frozen veg, only the kind with weird sauces in it or what must be microwaved in its own pthalate laden plastic bag, etc.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 13, 2012 05:54AM

Mmmm.... pthalates.

The next best thing I think we have are the "nearly expired" sections. Where I shop, organic tomatoes went down to half price because they're dark red and getting a bit wrinkly... but I'll buy a huge sack, and definitely eat them all before they spoil! grinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:06PM

Free kindle book on this subject, only available for free today so get it quick (you don't need a kindle, there's a free ap for PC reader)

[www.amazon.com]

Date: March 14, 2012 07:17PM

Thanks coco -

I checked out that book & it is a good thing it is free, because there is nothing of value (really) in there pertaining to couponing or saving money in a big way.

Some small tips or hints on when to by produse & a suggestion on calling Sara Lee and another company for them to send you coupons. ---

"Buying fruits on sale & freezing them for later..." okay...

Date: March 14, 2012 07:46PM

I didn't read it myself, just thought I'd post the link. There is no such thing as extreme couponing in Canada winking smiley.

Date: March 14, 2012 10:51PM

"There is no such thing as extreme couponing in Canada" -

What do you mean?

Date: March 14, 2012 11:37PM

I mean that stores here in Canada don't offer the same sort of things as they do in the States. Some stores offer price matching, as in if there is another store advertising a lower price than the one they offer they will match it. I've never heard of a store in Canada letting you triple and quadruple up on coupons so you're getting cart loads of nearly free stuff though. There are a couple of large American crafting stores here like Joannes and Michaels that allow single coupons to be used on items that are already on sale but that's pretty rare. Usually one discount price cancels out any others so you may only use one.

I've seen some crazy shows from the States when people are leaving stores with 4 cart loads of stuff they paid $40 for. Just makes you think...
Oh, and I should mention that we live in a border town and do a little cross-border shopping so I've got lots of real-life experience as contrast. Shopping is so different only a few miles away, it's pretty unbelievable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2012 11:39PM by coco.

Posted by: ivac ()
Date: April 14, 2012 11:25AM

How to save money With coupons -

[yourmoney.msn.com]

How to make mail-in rebates worth your time

[yourmoney.msn.com]

How to discover the best online coupon deals

[yourmoney.msn.com]

We belong to LivingSocial, and I got eyeglasses for $20, a room painted - two coats - for $99, and two hours of professional organization for $50.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 14, 2012 07:28PM

I am beginning to think these "extreme couponers" are urban myths. I have never heard of stores which accept multiple coupons on top of one another.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables