Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

inversion table
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 04, 2012 10:55PM

What's your opinion. Should everybody have one even if with no back problems?

Some benefits I Google out:

1. Maintains your height. Regularly inverting will help you avoid the "shrinkage" others your age are showing because of the cumulative effect of gravity over a lifetime.

2. Improves circulation. When you're inverted, your body can circulate your blood aided by gravity rather than having to work against it. In addition, with inversion, gravity helps the lymphatic system clear faster, easing the aches and pains of stiff muscles.

3. Relieves stress. A full-body stretch feels rejuvenating! And the inversion table makes that relaxation easier to attain than climbing on a jungle gym or taking a yoga class. Many people sleep better with regular inversion therapy.

4. Heightens mental alertness. Any upside-down activity increases the supply of oxygen to the brain, which many authorities believe helps you maintain mental sharpness.

5. Increases flexibility and range of motion. With inversion, your joints stay healthy and supple, so that you can easily remain as active as you were in your younger years.

6. Improves posture. The stretch that comes with reversing the direction of gravity helps you sit, stand and move with more ease and grace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: inversion table
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 05, 2012 08:57AM

I had one then ended up selling it, i can't remember why i did.

Think i tried sitting relatively upside down and didn't like the blood rushing to my head. Plus i read a few things about them but its been so long i can't remember.

Let me know how you get on if you do try one Panchito.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: April 05, 2012 10:07AM

thanks for sharing your experience. Yes, I got one on the way smiling smiley All this health wave is making me do weird things, like now buying an inversion table. Hope it is good investment. I did got one in a very good price and the next day the price went up like $78 (amazon).

Posted by: veganrawdude ()
Date: April 05, 2012 10:39AM

I've always been facinated by these, never tried one though. Let us know your experiences with it. I may purchase one as well.

Date: April 05, 2012 12:06PM

Ok no prob. The table is supposed to arrive next Monday. So, sometime next week I'll be rolling upside down smiling smiley

This is the one I got:

Ironman Gravity 4000 Inversion Table

[www.amazon.com]

$198 free shipping no taxes. I could have got a cheaper one but I think I'll like the extra thickness of the tubing (don't want to invert on a walmart ironing board). I am surprised to see so many stars in all these inversion tables. My gut feeling tells me they must do something good.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2012 06:02AM

i have one and love it .. do not hang completely upside down the first few weeks .. at least not unsupervised .. people have been known to pass out lol

ease into it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: April 12, 2012 10:10AM

errrr...the inversion table does not arrive till next Monday sad smiley The quoted previous Monday was only an estimate. So the table will arrive a week late.

I did tried to stretch on the gym (but not on an inversion table) and I was able to feel the rejuvenating effect they talk about. I can't wait. I talk to people and they told me to measure my height before and after. They told me you grow taller. Cool!

Date: April 13, 2012 09:16AM

Just watch incase you have any cardiovascular issues Panchito or anyone you know does and wants a shot of the table. its contraindicated for use with those with cardiovascular disease, strokes etc. You've probably read that already and it says in the instructions but i thought i would say just incase.

Wouldn't mind seeing if you get any height gains though smiling smiley, heard others have from discs uncompressing.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: April 13, 2012 09:57AM

thanks plifer! As far as I know I don't have any disease but it is good to know.

Date: April 13, 2012 10:29AM

Its something about the pressure pooling in the head from what ive read, makes it contraindicated for those who've had strokes and that.

I really shouldn't have sold mine now, i ended up going to the chiro instead which in the long run wasn't worth it. So im interested how you get on, especially posture wise.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Date: April 13, 2012 06:29PM

If I squat on my knees for a while and all the sudden I get up, then I can get light headed (I haven't felt in a long time though). But I would imagine that being upside would do the opposite.

I too would like to find out about posture. I suffer from a disease called laziness and I don't sit like I am supposed to (end up with egg shape) The table could save me smiling smiley

Date: April 13, 2012 07:11PM

Haha panchito, i also suffer from excessive laziness at times lol.

That is known as postural or orthostatic hypotension due to the adrenals not kicking in. The light headedness upon standing, i used to get that real bad when i had severe adrenal fatigue.

Ive heard good things about posture with the inversion table.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: April 16, 2012 11:25PM

GOT IT!!!!

This is a Heavy Duty table. Nice industrial finish. Wide, heavy, and big. Very good quality. This is the mother of all tables. 35 minutes to figure out and put together. This pupy is big!

I tried it already and I could not resist not going fully upside down smiling smiley I hear a pop! It does leave you relaxed, but also a very light nausea for 5 minutes or so (the relax part last longer). Will try another 5 minutes before going to bed and after waking up. Never been stretched like this before. Forgot to measure myself before starting sad smiley

Date: April 17, 2012 11:39AM

OK. This morning was much better. No signs of nausea (sea sickness) after a 5 min session. I can do 180 degrees inversions without trouble.

During sleep last night, I felt as if my body was growing! Then during a short walk this morning, I felt my posture had improved to the better. I did not have to make any effort to walk with a more straight back. Don't know why, but it does improve the posture specially when walking.

Date: April 18, 2012 12:43PM

Things are working great. I got confident and now I also twist. When I twist or curl, I get extra pops on the back.

This table moves if I try to do abs. My head is big a creates an unbalanced point smiling smiley
I'll try to figure out what I can do

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: April 18, 2012 11:52PM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's your opinion. Should everybody have one even if with no back problems?

I did the homework, and this is the one I ended up buying. I like it, but am usually too lazy to use it.
One con is it ruins the 'look' of the room......WY

[www.inversiontables.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 19, 2012 01:41PM

Ha-ha, WY, that is true of so much exercise equipment! smiling smiley

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: April 20, 2012 01:52AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....that is true of so much exercise equipment! smiling smiley

Of course, if one could devote a whole room to nothing but exercise equipment, it might be quite attractive. Most of us don't have the space......WY
P.S. An Inversion Table should be accessible to us all.

Date: April 20, 2012 10:08AM

I've not been gettting as many pops from the table than at first. I have this other device that I use at night after the table and then I get a couple more pops:

[www.amazon.com]

I've also read that I need to drink more water when using the table.

Now I can get in/out without any discomfort. Before i got a little of sore muscles from the stretching. I am planning to do longer times. Now I do 5 minutes at a time I am planning to do like 15 minutes.

Yes. This table is huge but I got the space. Beauty is in the eye and the nerves smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables