Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Experts: Caffeine can decrease blood flow to the brain
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: April 24, 2012 09:17PM

Caffeine is ok. It's in green tea as is theanine (which offsets caffeine, again the whole food perspective). Is caffeine a problem? Maybe not! The dose and the receptor (i.e. pregnant or not) are the poison. [nutritionfacts.org]

For those of you ground truthing. See sources cited under the main nutritionfacts.org.

Sources Cited
Yu X, Bao Z, Zou J, Dong J. Coffee consumption and risk of cancers: a meta-analysis of cohort studies. BMC Cancer. 2011 Mar 15;11:96.
Glade MJ. Caffeine-Not just a stimulant. Nutrition. 2010 Oct;26(10):932-8.
Rudolph T, Knudsen K. A case of fatal caffeine poisoning. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2010 Apr;54(4):521-3.
The Care Study Group. Caffeine and pregnancy outcome: the CARE Study. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society (2010), 69 (OCE1), E79

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2012 09:24PM by pborst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 25, 2012 02:56PM

if you drink tea, get white tea better than green tea. Search google.

[www.truthinaging.com]

"Researchers from Kingston University, London, in conjunction with Neal’s Yard Remedies, were "blown away" (a phrase that qualifies as scientific in England) by results that illustrated white tea’s ability to inhibit enzymes that attack collagen and elastase, and mimic the action of one of the body’s own antioxidant enzymes. The study, published in the BioMed Central journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, tested 23 extracts from 21 plants, all provided by Neal’s Yard Remedies, and found white tea to be the star."

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 25, 2012 03:29PM

I think it's a personal preference and maybe even how one person's body reacts to a particular substance. What may be ok or good for someone may have a different effect on another.

I just responded to Coco's request for a natural substance for her migraine and related that a little caffeine may help.

I'm off caffeine and drinking herbal peppermint tea which has always been my favs. I also like Jasmine green tea.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:38AM

I know a girl who takes vivarin a day because she does not like coffee... when I asked her why, she claims that she gets caffeine headaches if she does not have it.

I wonder what the dangers of vivarin are? I am assuming it is similar to coffee, however, I did not want to elaborate on the subject since I do not have enough knowledge on caffeine addiction.

Any thoughts?

Date: October 16, 2012 01:37PM

michelemm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know a girl who takes vivarin a day because she
> does not like coffee...

Unfortunately, not many people will ever taste "good" coffee, be rich or poor. It is not easily available and depends on the person. It is so complex that encompasses all about everything at once, science, philosophy, circumstances, life, etc. They all and everything make the experience. You only know you have one when you smile.

Date: October 16, 2012 02:41PM

Last Friday I had an interesting case. I usually bring special coffee on Friday to work, only one pot. This guy tells me that he does not like coffee but that it smells good (flowers and fruit). We blah blah and I give him a 1/4 cup. We blah blah more. Yesterday, he asked me where he could buy the coffee I had on Friday. I told him that he can't and that is the truth. There is a lot going on.

Date: October 18, 2012 09:21AM

yes, fresh coffee. But it is not enough. Fresh coffee 'moves.' Its flavor changes every day. So it may be best at the fourth day or the 12th. There are also the human elements of expectations, place, circumstances, etc. Believe or not, they play a huge role on flavor and appreciation. It is not only the flavor but the person that experiences the flavor. Did you know you can change the flavor by adding information, like when you can see figures in a cloud?

Date: October 18, 2012 01:55PM

I don't recommend cafeine if you think is bad for you. Some people shake with only a seep. Other people drink a cup before going to sleep, je je. Same with wine and beer. Some diets get famous for the results but it may have nothing to do with the diet. For example, in the mediterranean diet, they drink wine everyday on lunch. Did that cause them to live longer? Don't know. I am pretty sure it is not because of all the animal fat they eat. Or for example, the Oninawa diet. People may think that their longevity is due to what they eat, not what they do or their genetics. There is a lot more that meets the eye.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables