Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Buy Dr Bronner Products
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 14, 2012 06:27AM

This spam has been removed by Moderator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2012 03:23AM by Prana.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buy Dr Bronner Products
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 15, 2012 12:40AM

I always liked Doc Bronner but on my skin it's a bit harsh, even with the hemp oil...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 15, 2012 10:58AM

banana who, are you diluting it?

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 15, 2012 08:16PM

Bronner Soaps have Citric Acid added, which is 'bad' if you're a purist. Many people have a citric acid allergy. I once accidentally swallowed about a tablespoon of the liquid soap and nothing happened - I didn't die - it probably cleaned out my insides.

I love Alaffia Liquid African Black Soap. I use it for my hair and shower.

[www.alaffia.com]

For dishes and hand soup, we use Dessert Essence Castile Liquid Soap -

[www.vitacost.com]

Date: May 16, 2012 12:53AM

Thanks for the links, KidRaw; I'd never heard of African black soap, but will look into it smiling smiley

Date: May 16, 2012 01:03AM

Tam, I have done both and it just irritates me for some reason. Kiss My Face olive oil soap is always good but it's so damn messy!

Date: May 16, 2012 01:02PM

banana who,

If you mean that it slithers, rather than acting like soap, then I understand winking smiley Their products are like something out of "Harry Potter"!

Date: May 17, 2012 12:01AM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> banana who,
>
> If you mean that it slithers, rather than acting
> like soap, then I understand winking smiley Their products
> are like something out of "Harry Potter"!

???? LOL- too obscure for me...(I never watched or read HP so I wouldn't get it anyway...) Actually, I meant the bar soap. It doesn't stay together too well. Gets a bit mushy, I should say. But it's super gentle.

Date: May 17, 2012 01:51PM

I meant the bar soap too; after the eighth time of it slipping away from me and falling on the top of my foot, I switched to another brand. After a couple of weeks, KMF soap really feels like you could use it for craft projects instead smiling smiley

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 18, 2012 11:24PM

The bronner liquid soap is great for stains on clothes or for getting out spills on rugs and furniture, etc. Although not as good as Oxy-Clean.

Date: June 02, 2012 11:10PM

I don't know if I am imagining this, but I recently bought Dr. B's peppermint soap and it's half gone already! I had the feeling it's been diluted a tad but I am not sure.

Date: June 03, 2012 12:32AM

BW I buy the unscented baby soap for body use but would never wash hair or faces with it, it really is too harsh for that for us. I use glycerin bar soap for the face (Arugula recommended that to me and she has lovely, lovely skin) and whatever natural stuff looks good at the HF store. For cleaning I buy the tea tree oil castile or just add my own essential oils to the baby soap. I've brushed teeth with the peppermint soap, it works well and is exactly the same as that ghastly expensive tooth soap (the tooth shreds are just grated castile bar soap sold for $20 a tiny little jar, outrageous!).
That olive oil soap is weird, and it smells weird too. Not my favourite.

Date: June 03, 2012 03:43PM

I like the olive oil soap! They have ones with honey, too. It's just far more gentle than the Dr. products, IMO.

As for the tooth soap, I am beginning to get that memo about the ripoff price of Tooth Soap! I paid (according to Raw Food world, anyway) the wholesale price. I think it goes for at least $15 otherwise for a little jar. But the ingredients do state that it's just coconut oil and essential oil and there are additional ingredients in Dr. B's. So I wonder if it's more pure.

Date: June 03, 2012 03:59PM

The ingredients listed on the rawfoodworld website are
Ingredients: Specially formulated soap made from saponified coconut, palm, and ORGANIC extra virgin olive oil, filtered water and essential oil. Certified Kosher by Star-K.

Dr Bronners
INGREDIENTS:
Organic Coconut Oil*, Organic Palm Oil*, Sodium Hydroxide**, Water, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Salt, Citric Acid, Tocopherol
* CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS
** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin

It's so close, close enough that the price difference is inexplicable. I don't know what they're up to listing only coco oil and EO as ingredients as though two things in no way make up soap, there has to be saponification of some sort...

Date: June 04, 2012 03:44PM

I tried my peppermint Dr. B's and it was a bit harsh (I might have used too much, also). The tooth shreds are not very pleasant, either, but I think they are good for the teeth. I might try the Baby Bronner's. Maybe it's milder.

Date: June 04, 2012 05:51PM

I still tastes like soap and it's WAY foamy, lol, crazy foamy. You could dilute it in a small cup and just dip your toothbrush in, scrub, rinse the brush, dip, scrub... Putting it full strength on your toothbrush is too much, it's so strong.

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:53PM

I use a milder castille soap by the Vermont Soap Company:
Ingredients: Saponified organic oils of coconut, olive and jojoba, organic aloe vera, rosemary extract (preservative).
[www.vermontsoap.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables