Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Christopher Mc Dougall's 100 up barefoot running technique (can be done with shoes)
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 20, 2012 05:06PM

[video.nytimes.com]

sounds like standing erect, shoulders over heels, striking on the ball of the foot rather than the heel, Maybe I'm missing something. But sounds like good advice.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Christopher Mc Dougall's 100 up barefoot running technique (can be done with shoes)
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 20, 2012 07:28PM

Hmmm, just watching that made my calves seize up! It's because everyone runs in an aggressive horizontal-ish posture to forward, and the vertical posture looks odd, therefore. It does probably diminish gravitational stress, though. It reminded me instantly of the jig we used to do with the kids to the song "Knees Up, Mother Brown" when I was a Montessori intern: standing upright, moving the knees upwards to the waist with the lower leg parallel to the spine. The kids had no problem doing this, curiously.

I am not a runner, but I've been considering taking it up, and I would try to learn by this method. Luckily, I won't have years of incorrect posture habits fighting me in the process smiling smiley

Thanks for posting, Paul!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 07:31PM by Tamukha.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables