Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Article on Gluten Intolerance
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: August 01, 2012 03:47PM

Glad to see the MSM getting the word out --

Is Your Problem Gluten? Or Faddish Eating?

[news.yahoo.com]

Finding out I was gluten intolerant at age 35 was the answer to one of my prayers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Article on Gluten Intolerance
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 03, 2012 12:30PM

Thank goodness the article at least touches on changes in production methods; this is so often danced around as though it's irrelevant. Europeans are not experiencing as marked an uptick in gluten related disorders as we are, except in places like the U.K., which has mirrored our own fiddling with growing practices and production methods.

Thanks for posting!

Re: Article on Gluten Intolerance
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 04, 2012 07:50PM

Yeah the UK has a rising amount of celiac and gluten intolerant individuals enough to rival the US.

This is a worrying trend, but alot of it is purely dietary and lifestyle related in my opinion of course. Diets here in the UK are very rich in bread, gluten, wheat, grains and refined sugar.

The above is a great cocktail that can contribute to leaky gut/increased intestinal permability which can set you up for a number of auto-immune and other diseases. Systemic inflammation is a common factor in all of these conditions and dysfunctional adrenal glands.

Its very difficult to escape junk food in our modern society, but even more so than that gluten, wheat and grains in general. Ill consume a little brown rice, quinoa or other gluten/wheat free grains in moderation but i still firmly believe gluten, wheat and grains to an extent are the enemy lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables