Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

effects of raw food diet on low blood pressure.
Posted by: Kaija ()
Date: August 13, 2012 01:16AM

Alright, the back story: I was a raw foodist a long time ago.. 100% for close to a year.. but I couldn't afford it any more.. So, I'm not a complete beginner.. and am currently a vegetarian.

I am having a serious medical issue though.. Doctor said I have low blood pressure, which in most cases is preferred. With me it is at times actually bad enough that I almost pass out. It starts as being dizzy.. then little/no feeling in hands/feet.. confusion.. I have occurances about 5 times a week (or more).. so this isn't just a "little" problem. They didn't really give me any help.. just told me to add salt to everything.. I don't LIKE salt.

I have been seriously considering going back to Raw.. because I remember feeling better than I do now.. emotionally as well as physically.. , but.. not sure how that is going to work with my issue.. Anyone on here dealt with this before?.. Any hints?.. Even just info for me to look up..

Thanks For Reading smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: effects of raw food diet on low blood pressure.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 13, 2012 11:11AM

Kaija,

Sorry this is happening to you.

Have they checked your adrenal and thyroid glands? Any clinician worth his, um, salt, should have ruled out endocrine problems, because your symptoms are consistent with certain hormone-based disorders, though not exclusively. Please go back to the doctor and make sure they do a full review, if they haven't. If your diet is fairly healthy now, and you are still having this problem, adding more raw foods in wouldn't hurt, IMO, but may not be all you need. Good luck with this smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2012 11:11AM by Tamukha.

Posted by: Kaija ()
Date: August 14, 2012 03:49AM

Well, actually, that would add up with what I already know about myself.. I have severe hormone problems.. (to give you an idea how severe.. I am able to grow a beard.. not just a little beard.. full beard) ..

Problem is, blood pressure issue was found while going in for something else at the emergency room.. I've been to doctors twice in the span of a month.. I have insurance, but I can't afford the copay.. so, really can't go find a regular doctor. Intersting tie though.. I might see what I can find info wise on that..

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 14, 2012 02:52PM

Kaija,

If you can get just basic hormonal bloodwork done, it should flag for something. All you need is a diagnosis; you can then devise a lifestyle plan to help yourself. But a clinical diagnosis could be really, really useful. Please check around with your local health services to see if any of them can do this for you on the cheap. Good luck!

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 16, 2012 10:10AM

Second Tamukha, in checking adrenal gland function and salt would be beneficial in this case and will support the adrenal glands.

I used to get severe orthostatic hypotension i.e low blood pressure upon standing which was caused by my poor adrenal gland function.

Blood work isn't often sensitive enough so you can have low/normal range and doctors often just read it as satisfactory.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables