Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida during pregnancy
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2012 01:11PM

A friend is expecting and fighting a rather nasty candida infection that's been going on for a couple of years now. She's been able to get it to a manageable level but can't quite shake the last little bits of it. Oh, and her 4 year old daughter has it too sad smiley.
Right now she's very concerned about the baby and would really like to get this mess cleared up once and for all. She's done a candida cleanse and really changed her diet which is now pretty great but not enough.

Is there anything you can think of that I can offer her? She can't afford a lot of experimenting or expensive remedies but she's desperate and will do what she can.

Thanks bunches smiling smiley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candida during pregnancy
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 28, 2012 01:25PM

Hey Coco,

Are we talking about an overgrowth of candida in the gut or elsewhere i.e mouth(thrush) or down below etc ?.

Either way working on restoring the gut flora balance is always the first thing i would probably recommend. 2 tablespoons of rice bran is an effective prebiotic which will stimulate the activity and feed the gut bacteria. Also supplies B vitamins and other nutrients.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: chat ()
Date: August 28, 2012 01:54PM

With rice bran, would arsenic not be a cause of concern, especially if the person is pregnant?

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 28, 2012 03:55PM

I would advise her to be calm and not to stress over things as that's not a good thing while pregnant either. Since she has it mostly cleared up perhaps just enjoy the pregnancy (I was one who loved being pregnant) and build a healthy baby and especially brain.

Depending on her test results from her blood work if she can just work on getting the nutrients and vitamins, Iodine, folic acid she needs as that would be pro-active.

Some people stress and want perfect and there is no such thing as perfect and to strive for it is unrealistic.

Assure her she will have a healthy beautiful baby soon and to enjoy this time.

You could suggest some books that have a helpful positive note in them and I'm sure you have some you've already read and know about. I really like Let's Have Healthy Children by Adele Davis..it's old but worthwhile even today.

Love,
Prism

Date: August 28, 2012 05:48PM

Powerlifer, she certainly has yeasty beasties down under, la. But this is a full body issue for her as well. She's being very careful with diet, probiotics, etc, and has gotten it mostly under control but she just can't seem to shake it for good. She'll have a flare up now and then and she's just so frustrated with having to watch every bite, not being able to take even a short bath, being so sensitive to fragrances, etc. I've been talking to her about starting each meal with bitters and addressing possible adrenal issues but she doesn't have lots of money to experiment with.
She's not fixated on "perfection" or being over the top about this. She is concerned, and rightly so, about having a baby born with thrush. That's a horrible thing and difficult to get in check. Better to find a solution to this before the baby is born.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 01, 2012 05:22PM

What symptoms is she having. Only reason i ask is because in otherwise healthy individuals systemic candidiasis rarely occurs.

I find the symptoms that people often complain of as candida to actually be adrenal or thyroid problems(most commonly low thyroid) or food allergies. These three conditions are definitley the most common symptoms that people mis-diagnose themselves as candida.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: September 12, 2012 06:06PM

Sorry, no internet access lately. will check in w her and find out the deets. Thanks for your help smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables