Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sitting on the floor
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 11, 2012 05:43PM

Anyone have advice or websites to help with getting started on best way to forgo couch and sit on the floor instead? Prana mentioned that sitting on the floor is helpful for unlocking hips..I like that idea. I just don't know if I should sit on pillows, or flat on floor.

I did just come across a website that seems to have some common sense to sitting. Lots of info. that seems helpful. [www.drbookspan.com]

I'm not throwing out the love seat just yet but I am going to set up my front room to incorporate sitting on the floor. Moving around lots seems to be a key to any sitting according to the website I list.

Oh..and getting off the floor once I'm down there is the real problemsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sitting on the floor
Date: September 11, 2012 09:26PM

[www.drbookspan.com]

I've been reading some of the articles on the above website and I'm feeling a bit more enlightened..maybe a lot more enlightened.

I feel fortunate to have come across it.

I'm typing this while seated on the floor with a small low table in front of me. I use my exercise ball to get up off the floor..gently.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 12, 2012 12:46AM

Thanks for the link, Prism smiling smiley

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 12, 2012 04:49PM

Hi Prism.

I usually watched TV while being upside down on an inversion table. It stretches many things. You may want to look in to things like posture, fascia, connective tissue, the matrix, and the spine. They do have to do with health in many ways and tie the glands, etc. You may want to look into half-barrels back stretchers or things like that.

Date: September 12, 2012 06:48PM

Yes, good advice Panchito. I just found a website that has a lot of info. on those things you mention. The woman is a phenom., my new role model.

Here's a link..which then leads to a lot more info. if anyone is interested.

[www.drbookspan.com]

Just to read about her own life journey is inspiration. She is certainly a high achiever and innovator.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 12, 2012 11:32PM

Prism, forgive me for any confusion, but why the need for a Web site? Why not just sit on the floor with a couple of pillows or a folded futon?

Date: September 12, 2012 11:40PM

BW..I mention the website because it has lots of info on back pain, hip pain, sciatic pain and how to resolve it with adjustments one makes to their posture. The website is for info. if anyone was interested.

I like to find out more about a subject I'm interested in at the time. Sitting on the floor seemed like there might be more to it if I delved into it.

Love,
Prism

Date: September 14, 2012 04:49AM

I tried sitting on the floor for 2 days and then I went back to the couch. I slump over when I type on my computer since the keyboard is on an end table and I sit on the couch. It's not a good posture..so I have to find a better set up.

I think it would take some instruction and retraining of muscles for me to attain a comfy position on the floor.

Sitting with your back against something would be helpful.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2012 12:18AM

i actually find sitting on the floor/ground far more comfortable then chairs smiling smiley

and laptop computers sitting on pillows in your lap is a good way to kill your laptop (done it ..killed 2 of them by airflow suffication .. motherboard overheat not to mention its a fire hazourd lol)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 12:30AM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables