Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ears
Posted by: dns ()
Date: September 30, 2012 06:24PM

Anyone have advice oon blocked ears? Have tried several drops designed to dissolve the wax and flush. Have tried candles, which do work, but leave me stopped up. Have even gone to an ear, nose, throat guy who used an overgrown squirt gun to shoot inside my ears and force wax out. (I do not recommend this, unless you know sign language). My ears feel like lots of pressure inside. My acupuncturist suggests that my kidney meridian is weak and is causing this.

Any thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ears
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: October 01, 2012 12:56AM

Ear barotrauma

Ear barotrauma is discomfort and possible damage in the ear due to pressure differences between the inside and outside of the eardrum.
Causes

The air pressure in the middle ear is usually the same as the air pressure outside of the body. The eustachian tube is a connection between the middle ear and the back of the nose and upper throat.

Swallowing or yawning opens the eustachian tube and allows air to flow into or out of the middle ear, keeping the air pressure on both sides of the eardrum equal. If the eustachian tube is blocked, the air pressure in the middle ear is different than the pressure on the outside of the eardrum. This causes barotrauma.

Many people experience barotrauma at some time. Barotrauma commonly occurs with altitude changes, such as flying, scuba diving, or driving in the mountains. If you have a congested nose from allergies, colds, or an upper respiratory infection, you are more likely to develop barotrauma.

Blockage of the eustachian tube could also be present before birth (congenital), or it may occur because of swelling in the throat.

Re: ears
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 01, 2012 12:58PM

Are you sure it's wax, dns? It could be some sort of inflammation, but the ENT guy should have given you a diagnosis. Maybe you need to do a series of candlings until the problem is resolved, although acupunture from a licensed practiononer couldn't hurt. Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables