Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

the shuffle theory
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 06, 2012 02:36PM

Here is my new pillow pop theory. We are not designed to always eat the same. And we thrive on transitions. If we had an ideal diet, it would only be for that moment as a transition to another state. Thus, a long ideal diet would create problems. I appply this to taking supplemets. On the weekends I don't take them. But during the week, I suffle them.

Have a nice day

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the shuffle theory
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: October 06, 2012 11:48PM

Hi Panchito,

You are describing "cycling". Bodybuilders have been doing this for years, it does indeed seem to work. They do it to shock the system into new growth and curb adaptation to the same old regimin.

Date: October 07, 2012 01:00PM

thanks.

I was thinking that maybe the perfect diet is dynamic. That is, it changes. usually people try to think of it as static like for example the 801010.It would be like the effect of regeneration people use on low calories diets. Create a stimulus or need then supply it. So the transition would be more important than the state and would define the "moving diet theory." From here, one could think that a brief deficiency is a healthy condition necessary for its fulfilment. I've read that things are absorved better when they are needed as maybe the body seeks them. And maybe the body follows its own mind which may not have anything to with the brain, reasoning, sicence like thinking, and logic. Maybe it follows stimulus.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 08, 2012 03:53PM

Oh yes. It's true. Unless we are rigid (orthorexic), we are shifting our diets all the time: you eat unusually salty food (just because it's there and it looks like it might be 'tasty'), then you will want to drink more water or juice than you normally do. But I guess you are talking about more dramatic shifts. I recall an old Asian herbalist saying that you sometimes have to make the body "shake" [his words] to heal yourself of stubborn maladies; "shaking" meant extreme change in diet for a period of time, lurching back & forth.

I'd say that people who get fed up with being 100% raw do this all the time, i.e., introduce warming, cooked food. For you youngsters here, I'd like to let you know that as you get older, it's harder to ignore these desires. If not impossible.

Date: November 08, 2012 05:24PM

I guess the geographical location and the weather also plays a role on what to eat. We are the only animal with clothes. There are now many types of diets based on pop ideas and I am not alone je je. For example, there is the blood type diet, where only humans need special diets based on blood type. So with all these diets floating around, does not hurt to add a new one to the pool. It just pop!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables