Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What enzymes digest a green smoothie?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: October 18, 2012 06:53AM

been having gas issues lately.

what enzymes would I need to digest a green smoothie? just fruit and dark leafy greens. I thought the enzymes would already be there since it's raw, but gonna see if taking digestive enzymes helps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What enzymes digest a green smoothie?
Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: October 22, 2012 12:36AM

A great source of enzyme information is from Dr. Houston's website. He has an enzyme chart on what breaks down what according to his products. He freely posts the ingredients in his products, so that will give you an idea of what digests what. FAQ section of his website is very beneficial aswell. I'm in no way affiliated with his websites or marketing his products.

A broadbased plant digestive enzyme product typically consists of amylase, glucoamylase, cellulase etc...

[www.houston-enzymes.com]

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 22, 2012 09:11AM

The problem with many digestive enzyme supplements is that they contain fiber digesting enzymes such as cellulase, so the fiber you normally get breaks down into sugar. Fiber slows down the absorption of sugars, they also help feed the gut flora.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 22, 2012 06:03PM

Rufio, when people say they have been having gas issues, I immediately think that they are introducing more whole foods (whole grains and raw fruits/veggies) into a SAD diet. In other words, I am assuming that you have not been eating a clean diet and are now including whole foods. Am I correct? Whenever this happens, there is going to be a cleansing process. You have gone from a low-fiber diet and this is to be expected.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 01, 2012 03:01AM

Just a suggestion, but I add about 1/2 a teaspoon of pure ascorbic acid powder to any health drink containing raw greens. Tastes right, seems right, no digestion problem.

I did not enjoy my green drinks prior to adding Vit. C. I believe that that qty of powder = 2 grams Vitamin C.

Date: November 22, 2012 03:04AM

I don't mix fruit an vegetables. I have read in marilu henners book, and one other place, that the stomach changes to digest fruits, alkaline, and vegetables acidic. When you eat them together, they neutralize the stomach, and it sits and ferments. Food for thought anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables