Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anti-nausea pills/supplement?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2012 04:45PM

As I'm updating our medical kits I'd like to include a non-gravol anti-nauseant. I could capsule up some ginger but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, something they've tried that was effective? Extra points for kid-friendly recommendations smiling smiley. And if you'd like to share any other tricks and tips for medical/1st aid treatment you've discovered, I'm all ears. I keep a box at home, one in our travel kit, and one in our emergency supplies. My kids are always getting into scrapes. Ok, me too. A bit accident prone, the bunch of us. LOL.

Thanks all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anti-nausea pills/supplement?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: November 11, 2012 03:56AM

You could keep a bottle of activated charcoal in capsule form, that way you can empty the contents of 1 or 2 caps in a cup add some water and one would drink that.

It's kid and pet friendly, does no harm, helps with lots of things including tummy aches.

In fact last night my little dog had a tummy upset in middle of night last night, so I mixed some up and she licked it off my fingers. Wasn't long before she felt a lot better and could go to sleep which meant I also could get back to sleeping. I think she just overate some chicken.

The other thing would be a 1 oz. bottle of Lugol's Iodine 5% solution. It also does many things, including purifying water, treating wounds and infections, and lots more.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 11, 2012 03:10PM

Agree with Prism about the charcoal, coco; I used it for nausea during a "bilious attack," as they used to call it, and was surprised at its effectiveness.

Date: November 13, 2012 07:05PM

Thanks guys, I will add that to the kits. The young man can swallow capsules, still working on the girl though. At her size it's probably better out than in in any case tongue sticking out smiley.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 14, 2012 12:20PM

Ginger root has been found to be effective for occasional nausea coco.

Pretty safe also overall.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: November 14, 2012 10:28PM

I do like ginger but for some reason thought there was something about it that you didn't. Perhaps that was for digestive issues...

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: November 15, 2012 10:20AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do like ginger but for some reason thought there
> was something about it that you didn't. Perhaps
> that was for digestive issues...

Ginger is a powerful digestive aid and like i say has shown to help occasional nausea, but it is also a strong ant-acid and as such which will neutralize stomach acid.

So i would only recommend it for occasional use.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables