Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new scientific article have the idealistic paleo crowd on arms
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 05, 2013 03:10PM

jeje look at the comments.

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new scientific article have the idealistic paleo crowd on arms
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 05, 2013 05:18PM

All it says is that they ate more vegetables than once thought, the average Paleo diet is very rich in plant foods(fruits, vegetables etc) at least 50% by weight of the average Paleo diet is consisted of plant foods. People seem to have the impression that Paleo is an all meat diet, but its really quite balanced other than falling slightly low carb if you don't consume enough fruit or sweet potatoes etc. Im not for dietary labels anymore though and in my opinion Paleo is just the latest diet fad which has taken over raw. Fad dieting is a car crash for health in my opinion.

Certainly nothing to suggest from this that we were strict vegetarians or vegans, there wouldn't be enough food to sustain health. For example think about this, you have a tribe of a 100 individuals all hypothetically eating high sugar raw diets, so say 30 banana's, a head of romaine lettuce and some dates a day we could say. Even using the lowly example of 100 people you wouldn't able to grow food quick enough to get enough calories.

That is 3000 banana's, 100 lettuces and whatever dates a day that would be needed to sustain just ONE days worth of food. The sheer quantity of food required would be unattainable and puts the theory to bed that we ever ate strictly raw vegan in my opinion.

[www.natuhealth.co.uk]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2013 05:28PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 05, 2013 06:36PM

This is hilarious smiling smiley

"Right now, one half of all Americans are on a diet. The other half just gave up on their diets and are on a binge."

Date: March 05, 2013 07:27PM

powerlifer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fad dieting is a car crash for health in my opinion.

Everybody has a different perspective smiling smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

"Appeal to tradition (also known as argumentum ad antiquitatem, appeal to antiquity, or appeal to common practice) is a common fallacy in which a thesis is deemed correct on the basis that it correlates with some past or present tradition. The appeal takes the form of "this is right because we've always done it this way."[1]"

vegetarians diets are the Most sustainable far none.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 06, 2013 01:32PM

Panchito, thanks for posting the links to the Wikipedia info! I'm having fun checking out various 'Fallacies' -

[en.wikipedia.org]

Sheeple was even listed smiling smiley

[en.wikipedia.org]

another good one -

[en.wikipedia.org]

If you learned all these techniques, you'd be a terror on the message boards - dissecting everyone's motives and posts. This is valuable for the character assassins -

[en.wikipedia.org]

Is this subject matter Logic or Psychology or Philosophical Logic --

[en.wikipedia.org]

[hilosophical_logic" rel="nofollow" >en.wikipedia.org]

Date: April 02, 2013 09:01AM

new video smiling smiley

Archeologist (expert on ancient diets) gives a TED talk about the myths of the paleo diet. Don't forget to read the comments and watch the worms twisting in agony

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: HH ()
Date: April 02, 2013 08:32PM

I don't know. I don't really care for diet wars. Their only use seems to be the financial gain of gurus. Anyway, I looked at some of the comments at the HuffPo article. Not all...some. As usual, the paleo people are exceptionally well reasoned and interesting. I have no bias in this direction. It's simply what I see. Take the quote below for example. It doesn't try to prove anything. No one's crying or running for the hills. All it does is offer a spin that's really interesting.

"What doesn't kill us makes our stomach's full. Omnivore's take the path of least resistance. In the paleolithic era it took more energy to acquire meat than the meat itself provided. Meat was a trophy or ritual food, or a socio-culture binding phenomenon. Hunting large game required social co-operation. Berries and bugs took little energy to aquire for the calories provided, and required less social challenge. Meat has more to do with anthropolgy than biology. It has more to do with language than intestines. Not only can a large animal not be killed by a single individual it cannot be consumed by a single individual; and a rotting carcass invites predators and competition. Berries, bugs, seeds and weeds are safe foods easily aquired. Large animal meat is dangerous in every possible way. It takes a community to hunt and eat a dangerous animal: a cooperative, communicating community. The evolution of meat eating is the evolution of socio-cultural communication and ritual. This is why animal sacrifice and religion evolved together. The paleolithic diet has something to do with food, health, early humans and biology but a lot more to do with the way that modern humans have lost a connection to one another, lost the connection the food that they eat, and the sacredness and sacrifice of the animals that give them sustenance. The paleolithic diet is about no longer feeling the "purity and danger" in the socio-cultural connectedness of breaking-fast together. "

Date: April 02, 2013 08:53PM

well, my opinion is that that comment is just a story. There could be as many stories as minds making effort to defend themselves. They prove nothing, they almost work in the mind like a song. I would guess it is not science.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 06, 2013 02:07PM

HH,

I find that interesting, but also confounding, as a new canard gaining traction among that crowd is how agriculture--the being in togetherness of settling down in communities to farm crops--was a colossal social perversion that ushered in war and theft. The implication is that small paleo groups bringing down a large prey animal were somehow more pure in their cooperation, and more egalitarian in their societies. It all inevitably returns to that old "cities are dirty" concept that seems to have the longevity of a Galapagos tortoise. L to the O to the L!

Date: April 09, 2013 09:24PM

I never said that it's true. I just said that it's "interesting." I feel the same way about a lot of the things that paleo AND raw vegan people say. Paleos have been very effective and thought provoking in getting us to think about what our ancestors really ate. I appreciate that.

Panchito Wrote:
> well, my opinion is that that comment is just a
> story. There could be as many stories as minds
> making effort to defend themselves. They prove
> nothing, they almost work in the mind like a song.
> I would guess it is not science.

Date: April 09, 2013 09:29PM

I've never heard them say that, but I haven't heard everything that they've said. Would love to see a link for reference. I've never even heard of paleos attacking modern agriculture from the more standard position of soil-degradation. Sometimes I get the impression that a lot of vegans believe that paleos are anti-produce. That's not true at all. They eat tons of produce. Produce is the go-to food on every paleo food pyramid that I've ever seen.

Tamukha Wrote:
> HH,
>
> I find that interesting, but also confounding, as
> a new canard gaining traction among that crowd is
> how agriculture--the being in togetherness of
> settling down in communities to farm crops--was a
> colossal social perversion that ushered in war and
> theft. The implication is that small paleo groups
> bringing down a large prey animal were somehow
> more pure in their cooperation, and more
> egalitarian in their societies. It all inevitably
> returns to that old "cities are dirty" concept
> that seems to have the longevity of a Galapagos
> tortoise. L to the O to the L!

Date: April 10, 2013 08:50AM

I would say that paleo people eats acording to the model of the middle class industrial revolution. It is a mixed of economic value, selected science bits, fear, etc. It is really not based on science or archeology like they would like you to believe though they may emphasize some points to give a 'reasoned' spin to whatever their mind has settled on. It has psychological sociocultural bits too based on cultures distant from the equator (meat). yet, their diet is not modeled from a single culture but instead, it is made up of pieces based on picked up fears. They try to engulf everything good. And in doing so, they introduce faults as the left brain cannot find the right course long term. Then, they create 'history' (archeology) to justify their diet but it is all a fantasy as the previous video shows. It would be impossible for any of them to admit any fault as it models their brain disposition. They cannot see farther than the left brain limits. Thus, their diet is a left brain construction which assumes their left brain has the truth (a self made profecy-fantasy). It is funny how they call other diets a fad but they cannot smell their own brain fad.

HH Wrote:
> I never said that it's true. I just said that it's
> "interesting." I feel the same way about a lot of
> the things that paleo AND raw vegan people say.
> Paleos have been very effective and thought
> provoking in getting us to think about what our
> ancestors really ate. I appreciate that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2013 09:03AM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables