Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Safe Hair Coloring Products???
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: February 17, 2014 05:29PM

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any hair coloring products that are both safe and actually look good?

If so, is there only but Henna? If Henna IS the only safe one out there, does it even look natural or does everyone who uses it have the same shade of red hair that looks unnatural? That is my perception (which could very well be a wrong one).

Thanks guys and gals!

Mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Safe Hair Coloring Products???
Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 08:06PM

Not a soul?? smiling smiley

Mindy

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 21, 2014 02:28AM

Hi Mindy,

I tried henna once and I didn't like the way it dried out my hair and the color wasn't so great, either. I've been experimenting lately with a semi-permanent hair color from Whole Foods - Surya Brasil - but it's not all natural - there are artificial colors in it along with a lot of herbs. I just try not to get it on my scalp.

[suryabrasilproducts.com]

I also tried Tints of Nature "Changes" from the HFS which also contains artificial colors.

There's one - Logona - that's all natural, but I couldn't get it to work on my hair; I didn't notice a difference in color. Maybe I'll try it again though, now that you brought it up, to see if it works this time.

[www.logona.de]

Let me know if you try it. I got the powder, but maybe there's a crème that would work better.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 26, 2014 08:36PM

Mindy, the Surya Brazil company also makes an all-natural henna powder -

[shopsuryabrasil.com]

I like their creme, so in a couple months I'm going to try their henna powder.

Also, Aubrey Organics makes an all natural hair coloring - but only two colors - dark brown and mahogany -

[www.aubrey-organics.com]

Here's another all-natural one - Light Mountain -

[www.light-mountain-hair-color.com]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 04, 2014 09:52PM

[www.naturalnews.com]
Hair colorants and the cancer connection - Protect yourself with these natural alternatives
Friday, February 28, 2014 by: Carolanne Wright

DIY natural colorants
If you would like ditch standard hair dyes, without having to sacrifice beautiful color, Whole Living provides several alternatives. Using a few key ingredients once a week, "[y]ou'll get similar effects to using store-bought products, but without the fragrances, dyes, or chemicals," states Julie Gabriel, author of The Green Beauty Guide.

Brunettes can use a mixture of cocoa powder, yogurt, honey and apple cider vinegar to enrich natural color while covering gray. For brightening blonde hair, chamomile tea, lemon and potato are effective. Redheads find success with a combination of carrots, honey, yogurt and cranberries. Complete instructions can be found here [ [www.wholeliving.com] ].

Using organic instant coffee is another option as it will cover gray hair and can actually curb shedding, as reported by this study. Simply blend one tablespoon instant coffee granules and 1/4 cup brewed coffee with one cup natural conditioner. Next, place a towel around your shoulders and massage entire mixture into the hair. Wrap a plastic bag around your head and secure. Let sit for 15-30 minutes then rinse well. Hair color will deepen over time with each application and, once a satisfactory color is achieved, can be used once per week for maintenance.

[www.naturalnews.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables