Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
mucoid plaque...
Posted by: fuzzysox ()
Date: April 10, 2007 12:52AM

how long does it take to get rif of if you go 100% raw, and dont use ejuva or any other herbal remedy to remove it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mucoid plaque...
Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 10, 2007 12:54AM

im still not convinced that mucoid plaque exists...

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: April 10, 2007 01:16AM

I read something Doug Graham said about this. The following is a reply by a chiropractor,

[www.doctorgraham.cc], so I'm not using him as an authority, just throwing it in to prove that even some chiropractors can be logical!

Subject: Re: Question For Dr Doug/cleansing
Date: March 19, 2001 at 2:37 pm PST

In Reply to: Question For Dr Doug/cleansing posted by anon on March 18, 2001 at 3:09 pm:

If you have any abdominal, digestive, intestinal or colon problems, DO NOT take any cleanses. This can and very likely will aggravate your problem. Irritants, stimulants, and other toxic methods of 'cleansing' only line the pockets of the people who sell them to you. Why would you want to clean out all that is good in your intestines just to possibly eliminate that which is not good? The lining of your intestine is made of the same cells as the lining of your mouth. Do you see the food you have eaten for the last few years building up on the inside lining of your mouth? The whole concept is silly. Eat raw and live healthfully and your insides will know exactly what to do.
Dr. Doug

Subject: Re: If the whole concept is Silly, How do you explain this?
Date: March 20, 2001 at 2:45 pm PST

In Reply to: If the whole concept is Silly, How do you explain this?
posted by jaybee on March 20, 2001 at 8:31 am:

The lining of the colon is of the same material as the lining of the mouth and the anus. You don't see a buildup of material on the lining of the mouth or of the anus, do you? Sure, people have waste material in their colon. It is on its way out of the body, and the colon is the route it must take. Teaching people that they don't have to eat raw to have a healthy colon, that all they have to do is take a cleanse of some sort encourages them to continue eating unhealthfully. I have spoken with several colon surgeons all of whom refute the info that was mentioned above. They say that when they cut into the sickest of colons there is no build up on the inside walls. A simple understanding of anatomy will make it clear that this buildup cannot occur as the inside lining of the colon is sloughed off literally every day. What would the debris hold on to when the mucus membrane comes off? The waste material must continue on 'down the chute'. Is there outpocketing in an unhealthy colon? Very likely. Do they twist and otherwise change shape and size? Certainly. Will cleanses remove the cause(s) of these problems? No way. There is no substitute for healthful living,
Dr. D

Posted by: Connie Boo ()
Date: April 10, 2007 01:34AM

I forgot to say that the product they sell to get rid of the mucoid is the very thing that is susposed to be causing it.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 10, 2007 01:57AM

this is the problem with natural hygine. everything that isn't off the tree is somehow a substitue for healthful living. people juice greens therefore they DON'T consume fiber. people do cleanses therfore they DON'T live healthfully. notice also how Graham always reverts back to conventional medicide and science when its convienient. its ornish and mcdougal when @#$%& hits the wall with the diet. with this issue its colon surgeons. surgeons know crap about anything other disecting bodies like they are some kind of machine. they know nothing about a body transitioning on a natural diet, if you disagree, ask them whether innoculations are safe or implants into bone.

"Will cleanses remove the cause(s) of these problems? " of cource not, again this is always the logic that people are trying to magicly cure or to take an easy way out when in reality it is the reverse (people love to hear things like above thread). but cleansing isn't so much about removing 'mucoid plaque' so you can have a squaky clean inside, its about dealing with all the stuff your body is dumping on a 'clean diet'. sometimes if someone isn't doing the alkalizing the toxins arn't dumping from their cells so they might have clean colons, big deal.

listen to graham when it comes to what to eat or sports injuries. keep an open mind about other factors of your health journey. thats all I have to say about this.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: April 10, 2007 02:34AM

I agree to stay away from cleansing 'products' and have no doubt they cause problems. some of the stuff people injest thinking it will cause health is just crazy. on this I agree the hygienist views holds true. Personally I think applies to simple herbs as well, but I wouldn't argue with someone who claims otherwise unless they believed it was superior to cleansing.

No such thing as mucoid plaque
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: April 10, 2007 02:57AM

I've posted this before....I have a friend who has worked in the operating room of a major hospital in Iowa. She's also worked for a gastroenterologist doing colonoscopies. This woman has seen the inside of many many colons and has never seen anything like mucoid plaque. She says the colons are pink and healthy looking, except for the rare instances of growths etc., which do not look like mucoid plaque.

I'd like to point out that the diet in Iowa is probably among the worst of the SAD diets, with low consumption of vegetables and fruits, and lots of meat, breads, and junk food. The population is quite overweight and out of shape. Their version of fresh fruit is "It's fresh, I just opened the can." So if mucoid plaque ain't here, it aint' anywhere.

IMHO those long snakes of gunk coming out of fasters' colons are caused, not cured, by the psyllium etc. those people take.

Re: No such thing as mucoid plaque
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 10, 2007 03:36AM

I do not know for sure if there is mucoid plaque or not but just a question.
Some people are constipated most of the times with fecal matter residing in the colons for weeks or months, does that leave any residue in the colon or not or are these matters waiting in a clean environment like the mouth? There is a cause, there must be some effect

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 03:37AM by djatchi.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: April 10, 2007 04:05AM

im on the fence about believing in plaque or not.

when i lived at a raw food institute for a summer
part of the program was daily enemas (or a colonic) followed by
a wheatgrass implant. several times i noticed long
white strings. i collected some (gross) and the colonic therapist
assured me they were not parasites.

we took no cleansing aids other than drinking the wheatgrass
juice. my diet was exclusively fruit and green soup which
i made, so i know there were no fats added.

i've always wondered what the strings were caused by.
any ideas?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: April 10, 2007 05:23AM

I think mucoid plaque is a scam. 400$, I did it and the only reason mucoid came out of me is the ridiculous amounts of gluey herb concoctions they give you while fasting. I was the sickest i ever have been and made really bad decsions during the cleanse. The only thing that came out was the stuff I was taking. Psyillium husk and green toxic stuff. It sticks together and is very thick and rubbery, but it was the herbs none the less

But I have heard stories of real mucoid stuff coming out,stringy like worms and stuff from cancer patients doing the grape cure. So i think there may be a little truth to it.

What about those people who walk around with beer bellies? Undigested food or mucoid?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 05:25AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: April 10, 2007 05:25AM

coconutcream,

I agree with you and had the same experiences.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: April 10, 2007 05:43AM

>>What about those people who walk around with beer bellies? Undigested food or mucoid?<<

just fat storage... back in the day humans had to gorge themselves in times of plenty, store some energy as belly fat to be used during times of famine... now that famine is no longer a common occurrence (around here anyway), peoples' bellies just keep growing and growing.

Date: April 10, 2007 08:35AM

Yes, Jono, but isn't fat equally distributed, throughout the body?

Posted by: SPARKLE ()
Date: April 10, 2007 12:10PM

The answer is that you don't have it in the first place. It has nothing to do with going 100% raw, and everything to do with taking colon 'cleanse' products.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 10, 2007 02:14PM

Subcutaneous fat is more equally distributed throughout the body, while visceral fat is located around organs inside the abdomen and deeper in the body.

The fat cells around the abdomen are regulated by estradiol, whereas the fat cells in subcutaneous tissue are not.

Date: April 10, 2007 04:25PM

disgusting, food is nasty. People are such monsters. Yuk yuk yuk

Posted by: brome ()
Date: April 10, 2007 06:35PM

I agree that nothing sticks to the walls of the intestines. But food will collect in pockets and distortions of the intestines, festering there forever and producing toxins. Of course everyone is well aware of the appendix, a pocket we are all born with, which can fill with food, never empty and become so acutely toxic that it threatens immediate death. Diverticuli, little balloons that from in the colon can fill and never empty, chronically poisoning the individual. My book on iridology (Dr.Bernard Jensen) shows many mangled colons full of pockets, constrictions, and distortions, where food could collect and fester forever, full of bacteria, yeasts, and parasites.

Fasting and good diet can eventually empty these pockets of morbid matter out and allow the digestive system to shrink back into a healthy shape. Dr Jensen recommends pancreatin, a digestive enzyme to help the process along. IMO it probably speeds things up some, but the principle healing forces are the fasting and clean diet.

The pockets of morbid matter that collect in the diseased digestive system also explain many problems people have with the live food diet. Any pocket of morbid matter that remains will turn to poison any food that is eaten, even the best organic live food. Many so called cleansing reactions or allergies to live foods are actually just reactions to new toxins produced by the morbid matter feeding on the nutrients in the live food itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 06:42PM by brome.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: April 10, 2007 06:36PM

Hi fruitgirl,
I got alot of white strings and stuff out too it was mucus for me the colon therapist actually said in all her experience she had never ever seen anyone with as much mucus in there before!! I had the most she had seen!! I have really bad mucus related digestive problems though its been like that for a long time.

Posted by: mjhednrik ()
Date: April 10, 2007 06:41PM

Hmmm,

I did some years ago a cleaning which lasted some weeks. I noticed that in some point I released a long tube (up to 2 feet) which was not pshyllium powder. It was kind rubbery and some how more solid.

I think that the m.p is real alright but it depends of what kind of life style one has had and how many years. If you have had a diet several years that keeps you mostly more or less constipated you can bet that the stuff inside you does not vaporize in thin air. It stays there until you last days unless you don't upgrade your life style to raw :-).

The problem with m.p imo is that if you have collected it long enough it is kind of tough to remove and the parasites love that stuff because it works as a cover and a hiding place.

just my 2 cents.

Posted by: gracielle ()
Date: April 10, 2007 06:44PM

Um... maybe the reason food isn't caked onto the insides of our mouths is because we brush... does anyone brush their intestine/anus? No one has to answer...

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 10, 2007 06:47PM

lol

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: April 10, 2007 07:16PM

lol!! I love the way you put that gracielle smiling smiley lol!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 07:21PM by singinraw.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: April 10, 2007 08:13PM

I am slowly letting go of the belief in that mucoid plaque recently. I used to be almost obsessing about the thought, but neither herbal cleanses (ejuva, colonix) nor actual colonics brought me a "result". I didn't even feel good after the colonics, I felt washed out and "shaky" kind of like when you lose your electrolytes from diarrhea.
I see those stringy objects coming out when people do those cleanses containing bentonite and I am agreeing that it seems that this is the bentonite, not anything in your colon.
That the colon forms pockets (appendix being one of them) sounds plausible, and colon cancer obviously gives you such conditions but yeah...
...I spent all in all about $600 on cleansing within the last few years and all that came out of it was @#$%&!

Date: April 10, 2007 09:04PM

hahahaha wow okk,, wait so read the book cleans and purify thyself by richard anderson, i dont think physillium and herbs comes out as hardened gunk thats rubbery and a foot or 2 long sometimes i just dont think thats @#$%& but ya,, i guess sum ppl hav it and sum dont but can nebody tell me who has had the gunk come out of them how long they were raw, if they were 100% would b best, before it just came out by itself? thankies a you!!! o ya well the one dr richard does supplements u with electrolytes or watever, ive never done it but maybe its better than ejuva, idk, but i was wondering all this stuff mainly bc i feel like im not absorbing nutrients well at all like its being blocked i do 100% raw and i hav 2 eat amssive amounts of food 2 get the nutrients, i assume thats y im eating so much, like a 3 pound bag of spinache a day or 2 pound watever, but its alot! i dont think im explaining it right but ya lol srry!!

Date: April 10, 2007 09:05PM

I don't like cleansers, other than food ones winking smiley Beets with lemon juice, etc., etc.

Date: April 10, 2007 09:10PM

yah those r prolly better, well they taste better lol

Date: April 10, 2007 09:54PM

Juliano doesnot brush his teeth, he says neither do wild animals and they die with perfect teeth, ( excpet dogs and cats poisoned with dog and cat food)

Posted by: SPARKLE ()
Date: April 12, 2007 03:11PM

Richard Anderson is the person who coined the term 'mucoid plaque' in order to sell his 'cleansing' products. Shady man.

Date: April 12, 2007 04:43PM

wait whos shadyman,, wait o lmao! hahaha thaat could b tru, prolly tru, o well i still think it exists, wat about chronic constipation? i mean thats gotta be a sign, i think theres sum gunk stuck in there but watever

Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 12, 2007 05:08PM

Ya, the stuff that came out of me when I did my clay-based cleanse didnt look like plaque,but I convinced myself it was.

I did feel a lot better afterward and have had (so far) positive lasting health changes, but thats mainly due to being raw since.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables