Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Inversion and other exercise equip.
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 07, 2007 10:44PM

Does anyone use an inversion table? Wondering how it is for you..I set up a micky-mouse one that is a solid wood door that is inclined. I'm trying that out first to see if I like it.

I have sciatica and pain from my right hip down to just above my knee.

Also thinking of getting the Tony Little Gazelle Elite..anyone use that? Is it easy on your knee?

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Inversion and other exercise equip.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 08, 2007 02:41AM

Gee - Hi, Prism. Long Time. How's it going in California? I was away from the board for a while. I don't even know what an inversion table is - sorry. Sounds like exercise equipment. My exercise is walking up my steep driveway and climbing the mountain trails.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 08, 2007 11:10AM

hey prism i used to use the gazelle when i was 12...i really liked it..it is fun easy to use..and works great!!! i dont' remember it being hard on any joints either...also the eliptical is great for joints!!!!
hmm inversion table never used it...but i saw rosie o'donnel doing inversion therapy on the news for her depression smiling smiley
good luck
love earthangel
xoxoxoxox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Lemure ()
Date: May 15, 2007 01:14PM

I dont know if this will help you.. but it helped me.

I have the same kind of pain, inversion didnt work. I bought one of the better tables and later sold it on ebay.

I did try yoga for a while, and that helped. What helped the most was one yoga move... I learned to crack my hips like a chiropracter would. My hips go 'out' a lot and that is what caused my pain. When I do the move, my hips crack back into place.

I read a lot on this topic. Mine came from tight and weak hip flexor muscles, which is very commom problem. As long as those front muscles are shortened and not stretched properly, the hips in the front will continue to pull forward and cause that type of pain. My hip flexors were very weak and tight, from too much sitting and being a lazy bum basically.

If you search on "hip flexors" you can find a lot of easy exercises to help with that kind of problem. My pain effected my knee and my foot at one point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables