Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Constipation and Everday Cures...anyone know em?
Posted by: treflur ()
Date: May 29, 2007 05:57PM

Hey,

My family gets constipated. I do. I am also a raw fooder, so I do know some stuff- like gravity enema and yellowdock. Flax seeds are ok.

Does any one know something really special? That will like wow my world-something that works for clearing the bowels. A constipation everyday cure....

fling em at me. (and hey I know about senna and stuff...but nah, that's like dangerous...ok smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Constipation and Everday Cures...anyone know em?
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: May 29, 2007 10:28PM

what about good ol' prunes, or prune juice? i luckily never had this problem but today it just so happens i was speaking to a lady who told me she drank 2 glasses of prune juice and she said it was "smooth sailing" in that regard.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 30, 2007 12:59AM

The following green juice helps, 10 oz of carrot juice, 4 oz of beet with top, 4 oz of cucumber.

You can also try some hot or warm or room temp water with fresh lemon juice.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 26, 2007 03:39PM

I discovered Braggs organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar which helped with a baby's colic so well that I started taking it for my sciatica pain. It's been over 50 days now since I started taking it and I love it! I take 2 teaspoons in half cup of applesauce 2-3 x a day. I started out taking it with water and honey, then just the acv and water..now the applesauce.

It's good for constipation (the baby had terrible constipation, and undigested foods) and seemingly 1001 other uses.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2007 06:42PM

i have had this problem for years and I have a solution that works without fail every single day. First thing in the morning drink a glass of room temperature water with as much organic lemon juice as you can stand. Make sure you drink it through a straw so you dont hurt your teeth. Make sure you drink it on an empty stomach and don't eat anything for at least 30 min afterward. If you are having a lot of trouble drink 2 glasses, also adding some raw honey to it sometimes makes it work faster. Another thing that always works is the indian herb triphala. It is made from 3 fruits and it comes in pills or powder. if you take a few of those with your lemon water you will definitely go and the best part is you wont have any cramping or other weird side effects like you get with senna or other laxitives. One more thing that helps is Magnesium Citrate supplementation. I dont know why exactly but it works really well, especially if you take it for a few days in a row.
Hope these solutions help

Aimee

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 06:44PM by aimeejoi.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 27, 2007 08:33PM

eat a bunch of romaine , raw , smiling smiley it will get things movin hehe

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 01, 2007 04:13AM

You have to squat to @#$%&. Sitting to @#$%& is like trying to get water from a kinked hose.

Read this site, you won't be sorry.

[naturesplatform.com]

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 01, 2007 06:01AM

Food, raw food, herbs, teas, etc, are not cures for everything. Sometimes you have to make an effort, exert yourself, change something - ask any athlete.

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: August 08, 2007 06:34AM

I also had this problem for many years, since eating raw I am actually the dead opisite now! Good remedies I would say is to drink two litres of water a day. Every morning have ground flax and sesame seeds a tablespoonful into a cup half fill with hot water, let it stand until it goes gloopy, then top up with cold water & drink. You can repeat this in the evenig too if you find this still does not get things moving. snack on seeds they help with parastitic movement in the intestines, peppers & pears brussels have the same effect too. Having a tablespoon of linseed oil a day keeps the tubes lubricated. Getting into a routine of rubbing your tummy in evening clockwise with oils, and in morning to get things moving. Taking a good quality probiotic too.

Best wishes bracken

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2007 06:47AM

just a note there is a right way and a wrong way to massage your abdominal area .. the wrong way can cause you some serious aching and worse impaction

if laying on your back .. place your hands on the left above your pubic area to the left rub in a clockwise position but work your hand upwards counter clockwise towards your left ribs (still massaging clockwise) work your way under your ribs to your right side ... then down the right side back to the right of your pubic bones

this way you are freeing up the exit and massaging things thattaway ... think of your intestines likea a big hose ...if you try to cram things thru from the wrong end its alot harder when the end is blocked then if you start at the blocked end and free things up along the way smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 08, 2007 10:38AM

pihourova Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what about good ol' prunes, or prune juice? i
> luckily never had this problem but today it just
> so happens i was speaking to a lady who told me
> she drank 2 glasses of prune juice and she said it
> was "smooth sailing" in that regard.

I bought some fresh prune juice at a shop near me a few weeks back because it was cheap. It was surprising tasty, so I kind of drank it like orange juice.

I wont repeat what happened. But it wasn't pretty! :-) So yes, another vote for prune juice!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 08, 2007 05:31PM

Great suggestions above.

For me, what's more effective than anything else is: (drumroll)..... yoga.

Also, everyone's different, but I find that too much vegetables/greens makes me constipated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables