Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dental Implants
Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: August 16, 2007 07:33PM

Im not sure if there is a holistic way to go about this? but If there is I'd love to do some research into it. My 65 yo mother has decided she needs to get non-removable dental implants. Does anyone have any experience with this type of dentistry? We live in New York City so my guess is there are good dental doctors out there but who to go to? I googled dental implants and got lots of different sites but how do you know which you can trust. They all basically say they are the best. Originally I was going to go with Dr.Najat at [www.dentalimplantsusa.com] And hope my mother was a good candidate for the teeth in an hour program! But someone from Dr.Magners office at [www.drmagner.com] called and said do not do that. Teeth in an hour is very hard on the mouths bone structure especially for a 65yo women. so if anyone has had dental implants or knows of a good quality care dentist in Manhattan please do share your experience with it. Thanks Much

JEN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dental Implants
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: August 16, 2007 08:05PM

i was a dental hygienist for a periodontist. periodontist specialize in the periodonteum, or the structures that hold your teeth in, natural and implanted teeth.

in my professional opinion, dental implants can be great if they are done properly, by a PERIODONTIST, NOT just an oral surgeon. but a periodontist.

teeth in an hour is an atrosity. DO NOT do the teeth in an hour program. 65 is actually quite young these days. a good periodontist can give her implants that should last her well into her 90's.

please go to a periodontist. NOT an oral surgeon for implants.

i worked with implant patients for 6 years. trust me.

we "fixed" alot of work that was done by regular oral surgeons and dentists. go to a periodontist. his hygienist will be better trained and more educated as well.

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: August 17, 2007 06:05PM

Thank you so much for your reply pihourova. Between this information and the newsletter DAMS i recently subscribed to, we should be able to find someone who works for us. smiling smiley

JEN

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: August 17, 2007 06:49PM

good luck to you and your mom, jen! i hope she finds what is right for her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables