Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Essential Oils Question
Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: September 12, 2007 03:26AM

Any essential oils experts-- Are the pure essential oils that I see in the health food store as "Aromatherapy" oils, the same ones that I can use on my skin???
I am looking for sage oil to rub on scars (on the face) because I hear it is helpful for healing scars.
However, the only oils I have seen in stores are for aromatherapy and usually say something like "irritates the skin" or "do not apply directly to skin"

I hear all about them being good for the skin, but where can I find all the ones that are bottled specifically for applying to the skin? (that is, if the aramotherapy ones are not the same)
I am particularly interested in scar healing and skin lightening (for acne/acne scars)
Any help is appreciated, Thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Essential Oils Question
Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: September 12, 2007 06:38AM

I'm not an expert, but I always mix the pure essential oil with a carrier oil such as almond or coconut before using on my skin. Some oils come ready to go on the skin, but they might have extra unnecessary ingredients...

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: September 13, 2007 08:07PM

also, does anyone know for sure if essential oils, when put on the face, will clog pores?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 19, 2007 05:52AM

I use pure almond, avocado, or olive oil, sometimes cocoa butters and or shea butter with those kind of essential oils. I use it on my face, and body. I like buying organic essential oils and because I make soaps, I buy in bulk from a wholesaler.

You can find steamed distilled, or alcohol distilled, and another method that is most costly, but you only need a couple drops in a full bath, or in a couple oz. of oil, etc. Do a test swab if you are worried. I put some essential oils alone on my skin for perfume..like Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, etc. and they don't do anything bad to my skin. The only thing is to wash your hands before touching your face or your eyes may water for awhile! Also, everyone is different, depending on state of health, etc..so always do a small test area for 24 hours before applying generously. And generously means a couple drops here and there. The mixed oil you can go crazy with!

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables