Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to REDUCE sweating?
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 23, 2007 06:36PM

Does anyone know of a natural 'antiperspirant' to use temporarily while transitioning to raw?

A friend is transitioning but has always been a heavy sweater and I can't convince her to go without, since she feels uncomfortable working in an office and in other social situations, with damp underarms.

Her antiperspirant is heavily chemically-scented and nearly knocks me out when I'm around her, so she doesn't put it on if she plans to visit me. But I believe it's very unhealthy and she's been wearing it for years!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to REDUCE sweating?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 26, 2007 02:21AM

Find some articles on deoderant and breast cancer connections..that might convince her. lol

Coconut Oil works for some people..it helped me during fasting but it wasn't good enough when I went to the gym. You still sweat..it just smells like coconut oil. So I guess when you sweat enough that it dilutes the coconut oil, the real odor eventually overpowers it.

I've heard of some people using baking soda. I haven't tried this.

Tell her to use Castile Soap..especially the ones with tea tree oil. That was the only soap I've found to actually get it off instead of just covering it up with scents. There were certain other soaps I've tried and would take like a half hour shower and I would STILL smell when I got out..drove me nuts.

Also try curezone... I know they have a forum on excessive sweating so they might have some fixes.

I don't know which ones but I've read about certain herbs that reduce sweating. Try a Google search. I would think if constant wetness was just the problem then her electrolytes/sodium balance are probably just off. My guess anyway.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 26, 2007 08:02AM

Thanks LikeitorNot - I think you're right, that she must have a hormonal imbalance or something, but she thinks it was passed down from her father, and who knows, maybe she's right.

Funny about the coconut oil - I won't suggest it! smiling smiley

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: December 04, 2007 03:45AM

My natural sweating reduced when I cut out all caffeine, alcohol, chemicals in food/drink, and chemicals in body care and household use!! Use no other body proucts!!! Unless it is food-grade. The less toxins you take/absorb through skin= the less you have to release/ sweat out.
Deodorant makes me sweat MORE- probably because of the unnatural ingredients... so I do better NOT using anything!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 19, 2008 08:32AM

Sweating removes toxins, What you want to do is remove the odor. I use "Crystal" Body Deodorant Stick. It is the first natural deodorant that really works for me.
Their website is: [www.thecrystal.com] The phone number is: 1-800-829-ROCK

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 30, 2008 06:25PM

She could try spritzing or patting on 3% hydrogen peroxide after her baths/showers or anytime during day she feels she needs an extra scent control. Sweating is something she needs to do.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 01, 2008 12:36PM

In my experience, sweating is mostly related to weight....and secondarily to the salts and chemicals that are used on and inside the body. Dropping weight and eliminating salts and chemicals will go a LONG way. Consuming fresh fruit will help with proper hydration. Just some tips.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables