Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

type I diabetes
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2008 11:37AM

Hi.

I have lurked here for a while. Almost a year ago I started reading about the raw way of life. I was very intrigued and interested in becoming raw. I have two children who seem quite excited about it also.

I started to make smoothies and eat more fruits and veggies. I did not really get INTO it like I would have liked to. I quit smoking in August of 2007 and I started to really crave crappy foods.

But this is where the story changes. My son was diagnosed with Type I diabetes a month ago. He has started insulin treatment though very very small doses. His pancreas has not been rendered completely useless in making insulin yet. And I want to save him.

If anyone has any experience with reversing diabetes, please, could you help me find some information that is real and proven? I have read about the Boutenkos and their son who was cured. I am very afraid to take him off insulin and try to make him 100% raw right now. I would like to start incorporating much much more raw into his diet though. I am hoping and praying that eventually his pancreas will heal itself and his body will stop attacking the cells that help make insulin.

Any comments, and books or websites would be very appreciated!

I hope to be here for a while and share in my journey to becoming healthier and saving my son's life!

Anni smiling smiley

If this post is in the wrong area, I apologize and please move it if needed.

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2008 11:39AM by anni.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: type I diabetes
Posted by: jono ()
Date: January 15, 2008 08:54AM

If you don't eat glucose you don't need to produce so much insulin.

I find the best diet for me is about 25% protein, 70% fat, and 5% carbs. Proteins and fats are all fresh/raw, and fats are mostly mono-unsaturated and saturated fats. This is probably closer to what humans ate before cultivated grains/starches became the dominant calorie source about 4,000 to 10,000 years.

Some members of this website think people should get all of their calories from sweet fruit, which I think is a recipe for disaster.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables