Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High fibre breakfast smoothie
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: February 13, 2008 07:11AM

Has anyone any recipes for a smoothies to get the bowels going?, I've started having smoothies for breakfast, but I'm having trouble going toilet next day, system seems to have slowed.

Any ideas would be great!

Ju

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High fibre breakfast smoothie
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 13, 2008 06:13PM

Try adding in some powdered flax seed..about 1-2 T in your smoothies. Pineapple and mango, papaya also help. You can also add in a probiotic too.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: hemp0la ()
Date: April 11, 2008 03:41PM

Swallowing whole papaya seeds should help.

Raspberries are particularly high in fiber.

Drink more water if you don't already drink plenty!

Posted by: Walkern ()
Date: April 11, 2008 04:09PM

Maybe let your body decide when it has to have bowel movements naturally and not worry at all?
From my personal expirience the best thing to do to improve digestion is to actually not eat at all.

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: April 14, 2008 08:18PM

Walkern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe let your body decide when it has to have
> bowel movements naturally and not worry at all?
> From my personal expirience the best thing to do
> to improve digestion is to actually not eat at
> all.

For me, if nothing goes in, nothing comes out,

and if nothing goes in, in a short while I also have blood sugar levels to deal with,

and if I'm under stress, it doesn't matter what goes in. Stuff ain't moving. Its hard not to worry about it when it becomes physically uncomfortable.

When under stress (normal life for most working people these days) the sympathetic nervous system kicks in (versus the parasympathetic nervous system) and peristalsis is one of the last things homeostasis does when the fight or flight response is in full swing.

Ju, if you're sure you're already getting plenty of fiber and hydration, perhaps some breathing exercises might help?

Long slow breaths where you use your abdominal muscles more than your chest muscles and the exhales are a count or two longer than the inhales is a way to trick you nervous system into switching over to parasympathetic.

Posted by: samhein ()
Date: April 15, 2008 02:08PM

Ju,
I have had the "move" problem all my life. Now with going raw, I drink a LOT of water. Noticed I "go" at least twice a day now. But I noticed if I eat nuts, I get blocked again. so I delete the nuts for a while and hit the fruits;for ex. plums, peaches, nectrines, kiwi, star fruit. I may do this for a day or two. Right back on schedule, so to speak, again.
Happy eating!
Debbie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables