Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help with constipation/piles
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: March 09, 2008 07:19AM

Any ideas anyone as to what I could eat/drink to keep things moving, one min ok then system slows again getting really fed up, it seems all while I cut out grains from diet & the more raw I go the more slow things are. I really don't get on with psyllium husks, I have aloe vera every day, lots of juices greens linseeds etc I really don't know what I am doing wrong, as a result I keep getting a flare up of piles. Any suggestions well appreciated!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help with constipation/piles
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 11, 2008 11:41PM

Chia seed? Sorry I don't have any better ideas.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: March 12, 2008 12:00AM

When you say "lots of greens" are you talking at least one full bunch or pound of greens per day? If not, try that. It sure helped me! (Must be juiced or blended.)

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: March 14, 2008 01:16AM

the best...cucumber and beet juice on an empty stomach...works everytime.

Otherwise, beets beets beets, raw or (baked), help A LOT!

Posted by: mira ()
Date: March 14, 2008 04:30PM

i have the same problem too...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2008 06:00PM

My first guess is dietary fat. It sounds like you have weak digestion and I recommend cutting out any oil (a culprit with hemorrhoids!), and for now all overt fats (coconut, nuts/seeds, avocados, olives) until things are moving regularly. You will still be getting fat from fruits/veggies (on average 5%), so don't worry about getting enough.

I too had weak digestion and now I maintain a low-fat raw vegan diet, exercise regularly (rebounder is great) and am in the flow smiling smiley. I eat fat perhaps once or twice a week in small quantities. www.nutridiary.com can tell you how much fat you are currently eating (you may be surprised!).

Cut out digestive irritants like spices and eat foods at room temperature- never cold. Eat only with emotional poise as gastric flow is severely inhibited when we are worried, stressed, etc, thereby preventing proper digestion.

Eat foods in proper combination- keep it simple during meals and allow variety throughout the year. You will be able to tell how your body reacts to the fats once your system cleans out. Be cautious of anything from the outside, as those are temporary fixes - you want to strengthen your digestive system and allow it to heal itself. It's amazing how much more rest, proper diet, a mild exercise will do for us. Good luck!

Johanna Zee,RN, NHP
www.zeehealingsanctuary.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables