Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Natural birth after cesarean
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 13, 2008 07:38PM

I had a sceduled cesarean for my son 8 years ago (he was breach and my water broke too early, they said). They performed a low horizontal insision. I am pregnant now and really, really, want to have a natural childbrith. Can anyone recommend a website with info on home births and natural childbrith after having had a cesarean? Now I am eating raw foods and going to do so throughout pregnancy... I think my body will be at must better place to avoid any complications such as uterine rupture. I feel some pressure to deliver at a hospital only because of my prior cesarean, but a hospitial is the last place I want to be. Oh and I am 26 and hopefully in a better position age-wise to succeed healthily. Has anyone else had a prior cesarean and then had a successful natural home birth? Is there anyway to have medical people on standby at your own home? I looked into birthing centers, but so far the nearest is over an hour away and I think some or many are reluctant to have someone who's had a prior cesarean. I'd appreciate anyone's advice!

musicbebe

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Natural birth after cesarean
Posted by: Rawtastic ()
Date: April 14, 2008 02:44AM

[www.mothering.com]

There's a ton of info there from mamas (and papas) on everything including vbac. They're crunchy people, found several other raw fooders there too with every kind of experience.

Good luck,

Beth

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: April 17, 2008 03:02PM

Most licenced midwives are very friendly to people who have had prior c-sections.

In all actuality....

It is safer to do a natural birth after a c-section because:

1. In a hospital you are on a timeline, and cannot birth according to your body's timeline. So you are likely to be subjected to Pitocin or other "hurry-it-along" procedures. PITOCIN IS WHAT CAUSES THE RUPTURE most of the time, because it increases the contractions so severely.

2. In a home setting you can use any birthing position. In a hospital you are flat on your back hooked up to monitors that cannot be moved to other positions. So there again, you are more likely to have another c-section for "stalled labor." Not only that but labor often stalls when you are feeling pressured and afraid... more likely in a hospital.

3. The rate of uterine rupture in a VBAC is less than 1-3%... and that's not adjusting for people who chose not to agument their birth with Pitocin.

It's my bet you are safer at home than in the hospital. You are more at risk for another c-section if you choose to give control to the hospital, which increases future risks of uterine rupture in future births.

Are there any Licenced Midwives in your area (not Nurse Midwives - those are always associated with a hospital and in a hospital setting). If not, what are your options as far as maybe temporarily moving to an area with a Licensed Midwife?

Angie

PS - I am in the same boat right now. Am pregnant with baby #2. Was planning a home birth with #1, but had a placenta abruption - one of the true reasons you NEED a c-section or the baby will definitely not make it (or you either... almost bled to death). Placenta detaches before the baby is born... so gets no oxygen... yeah... very bad experience!

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 26, 2008 05:56PM

Awww...cute baby!!! Thank you both for your comments so far. That was reassuring Angie...I think I am pretty set on home birth. I know I would be much more likely to end up with another cesarean or complication. Are you a part of the HBAC yahoo group, Angie? I have found them to be very helpful too, though I am not sure anyone eats raw there (maybe they do). I now have a list of midwives to call in my area. I will get on that soon!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables