Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw/Religion
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:05AM

Hi.
I was wondering today if any one here has had a desire to read the Bible or investigate anything religious since becoming raw.
I have.
I have found a Bible,and am spending 15 min a day reading it from beginning to end.
I am in AA,which is a very God based group.
Now,some things I have experienced from the past would leave me to believe I am a "Bible pusher"now.I even feel rejected in a way because of this.
My interest is...
Has RAW eating connected any one here with their spiritual center?It really has with me,and very quickly I might add.
I have a loved one who is maybe struggling with such issues.
I love her so much.

Brian

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 12:14AM by Raw1228.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw/Religion
Posted by: Haida ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:25AM

Since becoming raw I have certainly become more spiritual. My interest in religion has always been there, and also spirituality, but I have become closer to "God" since being raw. For me eating clean (raw) has lifted a veil that I was living my life behind. Things are much clearer. I think that religion is closely tied to government and hierarchy. Even being an ordained minister, I consider myself spiritual, not religious. As for your question, since becoming raw I do find myself talking about "God" more openly. I think a raw diet helps re-unite us with the God within ourselves.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:32AM

Genesis 1:29...

Going raw is going back to God in the way of diet in my opinion. Your eating the foods as God created them and accepting them as they are, rather than trying to improve on them. Everytime man tries to improve food we seem to get hurt in one way or another for it.

I also find that going raw gives me a mental clarity... which is very very nice to have. It has brought up issues of addiction, which is very much like alcohol... because we use meat, candy, non-raw foods for comfort.

Going raw also benefits everything... IE no animals in feed lots, no packaging ending up in dumpsters, increased health. These few examples provide a huge impact in the worlds overall well-beingness.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: May 10, 2008 12:59AM

I think that the increased energy we feel while eating raw extends to change every aspect of our lives. Human beings are amazing. We see only as much of the world as we have the energy - emotionally and physically - to deal with.

Tired and unhappy we see only the path to our door, our bed, our car, our work. We see what we need to see to survive, and our senses do not overwhelm us with information that we cannot embrace.

When we are bursting with energy and open to the world, we glance at a tree and see its connectedness to the water, the sun, the soil, that squirrel, ourselves. Because we are able to see without being overwhelmed, we do see. All of this perception cannot help bur open us to spiritual thoughts, and possibly to an increased interest in home gardening.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 10, 2008 01:25AM

It was the other way around. My spirit and goals lead me to raw. Heh...heh. And to the wonderful folks doing it.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: May 10, 2008 11:27PM

I have been reading it for many years even before going all raw. But more so lately. Dont just read it, do as it says.

elnatural

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2008 01:03AM

absolutely

raw has deepened what was already within
Spirit

spiritual refinement may not always be a piece of pineapple
and it can be tart like an apple
but... oh... don't know what to say

its so many things
what is Spirit?
i wonder

like DMZ.. says, it led him to rawfoods

and then the spirit "leads" u some more

something like that grinning smiley

Posted by: samhein ()
Date: May 12, 2008 01:52AM

hi Brian,
just wanted you to know that I am not struggling with any religious issues. I do notice that there are people here that seem guite spiritual. though this can be contstrued in different ways. As in the AA program and the Al-Anon programs, the concept is actually only that you believe in a higher power,whatever that may be to the individual.
These programs actually embrace all religions even the so called non-religions by most people's standards. I believe in a power higher than myself, but just not the same as others. My own beliefs have gotten me through a lot of rough times in my life. I am a raw foods eater for different reasons. First being a vegetarian, then a vegan, and thanks to you, now raw. It has helped me tremendously health wise. But also goes with my own beliefs of the sacredness of the Mother Earth. I don't know if there is anyone here who believes in the earth religions. But there is never any judgement on my part in anyones path.

Date: May 12, 2008 04:50AM

Ok
Samhein
Not sure what you are getting at though.
Sometimes I dont have a clue as to what you mean.
Really do not know what you mean here.
My AA group is all I have now.
I know you must have wanted me to go many times before.
Well guess what,good advice...it finally clicked.
Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 04:53AM by Raw1228.

Date: May 12, 2008 05:18AM

One additional thing...
AA has pleaded with me to not involve in relationships while trying to maintain sobriety.
At least not in the early(90 meetings in 90 days) phase.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 05:19AM by Raw1228.

Date: May 12, 2008 12:46PM

Perhaps they mean to not INITIATE a new relationship while in recovery.
We already know each other quite well.

If there can be encouraging words between us,maybe that can help.
But I dont get the impression you believe in me anymore.

Just dont know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 12:49PM by Raw1228.

Date: May 12, 2008 01:33PM

u know, i've been having a bit of a communication problem myself

i talk to a particular guy about some stuff and its like he has NO CLUE what i'm trying to say or get at and i thought i was pretty clear

i used to hear jokes of the communication gap between men and women

now i'm surely believing them

but it kind of hurts

i don't think its his fault

and of course, i don't accept that it is my fault grinning smiley

i'm wondering if i can buy some sort of machine called " The Converter"

that converts whatever it is that I am saying in such a language that the guy can understand it

i'm serious

this has happened enough times that i have come to just accept it

but i think there has gotta be a better way

then to keep repeating myself in so many different ways

maybe he wishes to have a converter too so he can understand what i'm trying to say

unless i'm saying something REALLY basic

its like, there is some sort of disconnect

then again, there were those rare occasions, when he all of a sudden turned philosophic on me and it was so intriguing what he was saying that i just KNEW there was hope that he would one day understand me as well

and i know he is an intelligent guy in so many ways

he probably thinks i'm beyond getting too as well, sometimes like

when he starts talking about engine parts, carburetors etc.

my eyes glaze over

and i have NO CLUE what he is talking about

well, i do ( sorta.. ) but its only cuz i try REAL hard

Date: May 12, 2008 02:14PM

I understood everything you wrote.
Women are no mystery to me.
And I am glad for that.smiling smiley
Its just that people in a relationship need to believe in one another if one partner has an addiction.
I just dont feel it from this person anymore.
Its sad,but I am in recovery.
The real thing.
And we are further apart than we have ever been.
Makes you think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2008 02:22PM by Raw1228.

Date: May 12, 2008 03:31PM

Brian, I am not putting you down for anything you are attempting to do in your life. You stated in a message that AA was very God oriented. I was just saying that in the AA book and Al-Anon book that is states, God as you believe in him." It is not christian, judo, athiest, eastern religion.... just however you believe in a higher spirit. Which I believe includes all religions.As for any other part of the conversations, I think it is personal between us and should not be put on this board unless you think that others can help us. I do however agree that you should continue with the AA and I also know that in the first 90 days you should not get into any personal relationships. I don't know if they mean new ones or current ones. That you need to ask them in AA.

Date: May 12, 2008 03:31PM

La-veronuqe

Re-read the most guys are jerks thread. Sorryy, but it sounds like you are just anohter guy, or a motor or carburator to this person. He doesn't know the difference between men and women.

elnatural

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 12, 2008 03:40PM

lol... too funny!

Guys are taught not to be about thier feelings... so they are pretty much always wrapped in thought and emotion. IE I am so happy to drink beer on the patio... i get so furious driving through traffic.

Date: May 12, 2008 03:45PM

elnatural.
was that meant for me?
Wow,very cutting if so.
There is hardly a supportive envoirnment here.

Ok Debbie.

I have run out of anything to say.

Someone once told me many years ago that the least I said in life the better off I would be.

Brian

Date: May 12, 2008 03:55PM

Brian I think you are taking eveything here as a negative right now. I am not seeing it that way.

Sometimes we take things in the wrong context and interperet things the way we want to and not how they were intended.

Again in the same thought as not understanding what the other person was saying. But I think we all have trouble with that at times. We are ourselves and not the other person. If we shared the same minds, then there would never be any problem with that.

But again if we did share minds, there would not be any difference in people; that is the wonder of life. It is these differences that makes life beautiful.

Date: May 12, 2008 03:56PM

Raw1228 that wasn't about you at all!

Laveronique

Here's your mission:

Copy off the whole "most guys are jerks" thread and read it to that motor person. Ask him to for his thoughts on that subject. His reply will tell you what to do. If you aren't willing to do that then you allready know what to do.

elnatural

Date: May 12, 2008 04:49PM

Thanks for that clarification.

Yes we guys are jerks sometimes.

But we are also the ones who love you women with all our heart.

It includes everything it seems.

Happy raw day.

Brian

Date: May 13, 2008 05:59AM

hey El natural

i looked everywhere for the " most guys are jerks" thread and couldn't find it

i typed in exact phrase " most guys are jerks" and " all dates" and couldn't get to it

i typed in the same words and just looked in the "any words" category and still couldn't find it

can u tell me where it is?

what date?

or cut and paste it here?

anyhow u said:

<<He doesn't know the difference between men and women. >>

on THAT point, i would have to respectfully disagree
he most definetely knows the difference smiling smiley

like i said he is an incredibly intelligent guy
and he happens to be spiritual as well

and so... yeah.. all i can say is that this isn't the first time that i have had this sort of "disconnect"

i truly think that he speaks a different "language"

and no... he talks about other things other than carburetors...

its that sometimes its frustrating trying to tell him something, and spending a great deal of time etc. and then ... just to find out that ten minutes later,
he is like " what??? what did you just say??"

and u look at his face, and u know that he is sincerely not understanding me

i don't think i am THAT difficult to understand

but he IS on a different plane

he is neither evil or a jerk

he is

just different from me

i admire him actually

but the communication thing

my goodness...

btw, i don't think most guys are jerks

i think, in general, that they are the opposite of that grinning smiley

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: May 13, 2008 06:15AM

Here ya go, Veronique:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: May 13, 2008 06:20AM

Thanks Suzie you saved me much time in searchting. I dont think I would have found it. Nice going!

elnatural

Date: May 13, 2008 06:26AM

El Nat!

u brought up MY thread tongue sticking out smiley??

huh?

u want me to re read it?

okay i did but i didn't get any clues from it

just cuz a guy doesn't understand me doesn't mean he is a jerk

i don't understand the way most men operate either ( well, i have a pretty good idea but not complete tongue sticking out smiley

and that doesn't make ME a jerk cuz i don't understand why they do the things they do

okay... well, anyhoo

this wasn't my thread anyways

it was about religion

let's get back to talking about

R
E
L
I
G
I
O
N

Posted by: Suzie ()

You're welcome, elnatural.

<Nice going!>

Thanks!

thanx suze smiling smiley

Date: May 16, 2008 12:14AM

I came from an AA meeting that gave alot of clarity on things,and made me realize I have a ways to go in talking about this subject.
But I am still real new to it.
Didnt mean to offend anyone.
And am glad if I helped,or am helping anyone.
smiling smiley
Brian

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 17, 2008 12:31AM

Brian:

Sounds like you are doing great man! Keep up the good work. Its all about YOUR goals/passions....and setting small goals to get there. The smaller the task you set....the better.

When you set a goal that YOU truly believe in.....and do something VERY SMALL to achieve it....a door opens in you. You'll feel it an know it.

In the physical world....it is ok to live simply by backing away from what we don't like. Heh...heh. In the spiritual one, there is only moving toward what YOU feel is most important.

A thought: If what I AM is spirit, then how can eating raw make me more than what I AM? LOL. The story we are telling can ALWAYS change.......and even look 'better' in the short run. But experiencing who we ARE.....(and who we are) does not.

I don't know if you are religious or believe in God....but I'll just use that appellation anyway. God will not 'start' to like you when you eat raw. He likes you right now. Why should you second guess him! smiling smiley Such affrontary! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables