Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Got out before I was brainwashed
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:04AM

if there was some plant substance i could take that would make all my problems go away, bring on a mystic haze and make everything RIGHT and TRULy have

ZERO side effects

i will DEFINETELY be the FIRST to sign up

so far as i can see however, that plant doesn't exist

DARN!!!

being raw and drinking green juices helps though which is why i do it

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 13, 2008 07:05AM

I'll probably drink in Vegas this June. You only live once.

Unless you're a Hindu or Buddhist.

Date: May 13, 2008 10:50AM

i think raw 1228 got mad cuz he is trying to quit drinking and this raw forum was like sort of a partial 'savior' and

maybe he feels betrayed that it has alcohol and MJ on it

cuz he's trying so hard to turn his life around

that being said, i wish i could snap my fingers and have the entire world not tell me about certain things ( like gross violence etc. )

i do my best to stay away from the media

but sometimes news "leaks in" and i feel violated by it

so i can sort of understand how he feels

but anyhow, ultimately its YOUR body

the truth is alcohol does and WILL destroy a person ( no news to anyone here, i'm sure)

so talking about it as if it were normal to people who have a hard time moderating could probably seem like an insult

that's the only reason why i could think that raw 1228 got mad

i get mad when people tell me disgusting news

its like they just assaulted my mind and then i get nightmares

so .. when people say something like " Did you hear that HORRIBLE thing that happened where.. such and such... got...."

I hold up my hand and say " Please.. .is this news going to be grotesquely violent? If so, I would rather not hear it unless it will put me in danger to not know about it."

then people usually respect my wishes

sometimes, they don't though

and i stay away from those people

but anyhow... i agree with those that say " to each their own.. if u don't like it, don't do it"

i mind my own business unless they are getting into "my territory" then i get DOWN to business if they don't respect my space

maybe raw1228 was just beginning to feel " at home" here

until he saw all those threads about MJ and alcohol

i can see how that could be a turn off

just my observation

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: May 13, 2008 11:30AM

purenkind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are all on our own journey in this life
> it's personal,and it's ours.
> i have seen that no thing is good or bad in and of
> itself
> its how we relate to it that makes it so.
> if used in a conscious sacred way
> anything can be medicine for our spirits.
> if used in an unconscious addictive way
> it can hinder our growth and health.
> it is entirely connected to the intention and
> energy of the person involved.
>
> Each person gets to make their own choices of what
> is beneficial to them.
> it's called personal freedom.
>
> As long as people don't harm eachother I want to
> give everyone all the freedom they need to live
> their lives, learn their lessons, and evolve at
> their own pace.
>
> peace

Hear hear !

Date: May 13, 2008 01:36PM

not everyone has a substance abuse problem so alcohol and other alterants aren't so much poison as they are to someone who Does have that problem. if i chose to have a glass of wine or beer one day it would be only that, a glass of wine of beer. there is nothing else attached to that for me, it doesn't trigger a binge or crazy behavior or anger or anything else. for me it is only a drink. for you it is a lifetime of self abuse and suffering. i can see how it affects you, i can imagine it's impact in your life. can you open your eyes and see the difference in that for me? i am sure that you are able to do that.

Posted by: samhein ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:38PM

I came from a family of heavy drinkers. maybe that is what kept me from drinking in the first place. an extreemly abusive upbringing. But I realize that I am not everyone else. I need to work on me to make my life the best I can. I also grew up in the "hippie" era where there were tons of drugs all the time and a lot of pot. And yes, I did try it way back then. It never did anything for me and I couldn't stand the smell of it. and yet, I smoke cigarettes. Have been for over 40 years.

I have been raw eating for over two months now and I have to say have been feeling so much better. But I have been told I need to stop the smoking too. Guess I have taken offense to that at times too. I would eventually like to stop,but have to do that in my own time too.

Meditation and raw foods are my high anymore.

I am Wiccan and have until now have been afraid of mentioning this on the board because I felt I would be put down for my beliefs. but I think that is just a bit of my own paranoia. (working on that one too). I respect everyones beliefs and I hope you will accept me for mine.

Love and light to all and Blessed Be

Posted by: jono ()
Date: May 13, 2008 04:45PM

I think eating ten bananas a day would be far worse for my health than a beer.

If there's any brainwashing going on, it's probably the with the idea that everybody should be eating nothing but fruit, and that all illness, even teeth falling out and emaciation, is just a sign of detox.

Date: May 13, 2008 09:22PM

the truth is alcohol does and WILL destroy a person ( no news to anyone here, i'm sure)
I disagree. People destroy themselves.

Some of the longest lived people had beer or some wine once in awhile. Even elephants are attracted to fermenting (alcoholic) things.

Alcohol played a part in the death of my best friend but I'm not going to blame alcohol for it. Alcohol was just a tool for self-destruction in a world he felt was too harsh to live in. For others red wine can be a tool for longevity. For others having a beer with a friend can be a powerful bonding experience.

For me I've seen both sides of the alcoholic coin. I certainly had tons of fun while drinking but I've had some empty drinking experiences too.

Demonizing alcohol is not going to help anyone grow though. And marijuana, forget about it, marijuana is just a simple herb and it's legally considered medicine in California. Drug laws against it do more harm (mostly to young men who end up in prison with real criminals) than the herb itself ever could.

Date: May 13, 2008 09:35PM

Samhein,
That is great.
See,I told you you would find that "up" feeling.
smiling smiley

Take care

Posted by: jono ()
Date: May 14, 2008 04:46AM

Bears like to get drunk:

[youtube.com]

So do elephants and monkeys:

[youtube.com]

See, it's natural smiling smiley

I read a paper once about how humans may be evolutionarily pre-disposed to desiring alcohol because we associate it with nourishment (as would have been the case with rotting fruit).

One could even hypothesize that the reduced sexual inhibition after alcohol consumption could have played an evolutionary role in early human mating. Also may have influenced bonding between clan members. I guess that would all depend on how common was consumption of rotting fruit among our primate and early human ancestors... it probably was more common in tropical environments.

Posted by: rwillow76 ()
Date: May 14, 2008 06:09AM

Brian

This is messed up. You are one of the people who I thought knew his stuff when looking into this lifestyle. And now u r being insulting to people (seemingly). Will you treat ME that way too? Knowing that I am an alcoholic and tring to get out of it? You know where I am coming from. Ok so some people smoke pot. I don't believe in it either! But that is their decision, not mine or yours.

And your right... Mickey D's sucks... please do not eat there! They are the DEVIL!

Date: May 14, 2008 11:59AM

hey jono

saw the videos of the drunken animals

maybe their ANIMALISTIC side came out after they ate the fermented fruits

bad joke, i know

oh VVVVelll...smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 15, 2008 02:47AM

Brian you may want to start writing a journal everday examining what makes you truly happy and truly angry

...often writing out the things that anger us give us the opportunity to decide what is truly important and worth being bothered by instead of projecting your anger and hostiliy towards a bunch of relatively obscure faceless names on a message forum

i dont do drugs, drink or smoke anymore but i respect that others make their own choices and their choices dont affect how my world revolves

work on perfecting your own world is hard enough without taking on the extremely challenging task of changing the rest of the worlds minds to meet your own ideas and expectations

live by example and others will turn to see what is working for you

the important thing is dont let negativity become your obsession

as Jesus once said: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.think about such things

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 15, 2008 03:50AM

Cheers, best of luck in your journey. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Date: May 15, 2008 07:44AM

hey jgunn:

<<Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.think about such things>>

i am going to tatoo this onto my body so i won't forget

i really love this passage a LOT

Date: May 15, 2008 11:48PM

"Brian you may want to start writing a journal everday examining what makes you truly happy and truly angry

...often writing out the things that anger us give us the opportunity to decide what is truly important and worth being bothered by instead of projecting your anger and hostiliy towards a bunch of relatively obscure faceless names on a message forum "

Amen.

As a matter of fact I have been doing that in counseling recently.
I never knew the benefit of it really,but will keep doing it.

Brian

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 16, 2008 12:07AM

Brian, I hope you do not go. I am sorry if certain posts have angered you, even maybe mine.

I do not feel that alcohol and plants for smoking are evils, although I do not consider them to be health-producing except maybe for some substances in dark red wines.

It is what people choose to do with them that can be evil.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables