Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you ever feel "out of this world"?
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: September 01, 2008 02:13AM

I don't believe I am better or smarter than most people, because certainly that is untrue. At the same time, I sometimes feel like I was born into a world of insanity. Somehow or for some reason, I don’t belong. Does anyone else feel this way? How do I make sense of it all?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2008 02:13AM by Joanne81.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you ever feel "out of this world"?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 01, 2008 02:48AM

i think i used to but i'm older now, i'm a mama, i know where i belong.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 01, 2008 02:49AM

Joanne81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't believe I am better or smarter than most
> people, because certainly that is untrue. At the
> same time, I sometimes feel like I was born into a
> world of insanity. Somehow or for some reason, I
> don’t belong. Does anyone else feel this way? How
> do I make sense of it all?

I like this quote Joanne,

How shall I grasp
``it? Do not grasp it.
That which remains
when there is no grasping is the self.

Panchadasi

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 01, 2008 03:19AM

I took this quizz "Which Earth Angel are You?" and I was a "Starperson" - someone from another planet who doesn't feel at home here.

[www.quizilla.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 01, 2008 05:01AM

[Does anyone else feel this way?]

Yes.

You are more sensitive, more aware than most. Most people are asleep. You are awake. But that doesn't mean that you don't have a lot of work to do. I think it means you have much more potential, though.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 01, 2008 03:35PM

that quiz was fun...this is me
Elemental
Often described as "a breath of fresh air", that my friend is exactly what you are. Your soul is of the powerful and ethereal family of the elemental spirits. With your impish charm and striking sense of humor and optimisim, you are constantly surrounded by friends and admirers, many of whom watch you from afar, beguiled by your magnetic personality and wit, but too shy to approach you. People of your origin often find themselves in the entertainment industry, as they love to make people laugh and feel better about life. You are most likely fascinated by the origin of fairies, elves and other magical beings, and feel a sense of inexplicable clarity when you watch such movies as Harry Potter and Lord Of The Rings. You live for your dreams and most likely your closest friends are other Elementals and Wise Ones, the reincarnated witches and wizards you worked alongside in a past life. You love animals and nature and are greatly angered at man's abuse of it. You hide your anguish behind a beautiful smile and dazzling eyes. Don't let the world's drudgery wiegh your wings down, as the human race is counting on you for its sense of morale and hope, which is forever being tested. Stay true to yourself, and one day it will all come together.

in answer to your ?
i feel at home here most of the times but i`m not in my optimal surroundings but i make the most of where i am no matter where i am...does that make sense? the earth as it currently stands makes me feel a tad sad but at the same time i`m wondering/hoping people will wake up.
patty

Date: September 01, 2008 08:23PM

hey, i got elemental as well. what a co-inky-dink! i'm just to practical and down to earth for my own darn good i think.

Date: September 01, 2008 09:06PM

I feel out of this world, I just lost my best friend.
my little dog Ziggy killed by other dogs. I wouild like an other world right ``now.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 01, 2008 10:13PM

Hey Bill,
I'm SO SORRY!!! My cat Gopi (she was a beautiful gray and beige Persian/tabby mix) was my dearest friend for almost 18 years, and when she died I was devastated. About a year or more ago I posted the amazing 'out of this world' experience here on the board that I had 3 days after her passing; it might make you feel a little better to read it. Alternatively, you might think I'm a little weird! :-) I'll see if I can do a search in the archive and find it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 01, 2008 10:35PM

Well.....I identify with the conscious power that allows me to perceive the world. As such, I find it hard to be 'out of it'! LOL. However, if you mean: the people in it can be selfish and egotistical and non-accepting of others....then I suppose this does occur. I forgive them. They gotta do what THEY gotta do. If there is any 'insanity'....it is INSIDE me...and thus hard to condemn! smiling smiley I just kind of accept it and move on! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: September 02, 2008 12:10AM

((((riverhousebill))))

hugs, so sorry! we lost our old doggy earlier this year too. to old age though! my heart goes out to you friend.

Date: September 02, 2008 01:51AM

I'm sorry about your dog, bill. We lost two of our 5 beloved cats last year and it hurts so bad. I just re-experienced the grief remembering it.

Lois

Date: September 02, 2008 02:18AM

thank you Lois Coco and Kwan, you all know animals, and they are family,
sorry to post my sad news, just felt overwelmed,and had to tell sombody,
family I think, Im doing better thanks and love to all

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 02, 2008 03:46AM

bill, i`m so sorry! losing a friend is awful enough but what a terrible way you have experienced. my heart goes out to you. i am owned by a cat of 17 years, a dog of 11 years and 2 other furbabies that are still young so i have a long time with them yet. i`ve had smudge my cat since mike and i met so when he goes it`ll be SO difficult! and diva...my golden girl i`ve had since she was 10 weeks old. i am so very sorry. if you need to vent or ramble i`m here for you
patty

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: September 02, 2008 05:11AM

Riverhousebill - Great quote. Thank you. I am sorry about your dog. That is so sad! It can be so hard to have a pet die. I am sure he had a good life. Many dogs aren't fortunate enough to have owners that love them so much.

Lillianswan - The quiz says I am a "Revolutionary Soul". Makes sense to me. ha ha

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 03, 2008 08:31AM

to answer joanne's original question

my answer is : no

i don't feel out of this world

i know i am a part of it

and depending on which part of it i wish to focus on

its pretty cool

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: September 03, 2008 08:17PM

I am elemental too. That was a fun quiz.

So sorry to hear the sad story about your dog RHB.

I feel very different. I would love to live around more people with similar interests to mine. I know there ARE people like me out there, like on this board. I am married to one and I am rearing three. My nephew moved in and he is another one. The thread phantom started about influencing others is inspiring. Attracting more like minded people seems to be helpful. I think I am going to try to start a raw potluck in my area.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 04, 2008 04:49PM

I'm sorry about your doggy. I know it doesn't make up for the loss but I used to watch the Pet Psychic when it was on, I don't think it airs anymore
[www.tv.com]
and she would "reunite" pets who had crossed over with their humans and some of the stuff she said was really interesting. One pet was very happy because she was following her owner around (as a spirit), the pet made a point of pointing out that now she could go anywhere with her instead of being left at home when the owner went to work. The psychic was always making a point that they still love their owners and are still around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2008 04:51PM by Lillianswan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables