Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What Planting Fruit Trees Brings To Our Lives - Besides Fruit
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: February 24, 2009 02:50PM

I love trees. I'm a damn tree hugger, frankly.

Besides the fact that planting a fruit tree will bring us healthy fruit, and besides the direct benefits they bring to the earth and agriculture like top soil production, in our cities and towns trees make a huge difference. They're so embedded in our minds that to be without them makes us a bit unhinged.

I talk about this here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What Planting Fruit Trees Brings To Our Lives - Besides Fruit
Posted by: cleanjan ()
Date: February 24, 2009 05:35PM

I have 2 apple trees on my front lawn of a Pa. suburb home. The deer come out daily, when they are in season. People stop in their cars to watch the deer. Every year the apples get better! I do not spray them with pesticides! Trees are the best! Janice

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 24, 2009 06:11PM

Thanks for the great article RusticBohemian!

Nice tree photos too.

Date: February 24, 2009 10:21PM

Nice article smiling smiley Fruit trees are awesome.

I have a lovely apple tree at the end of my garden, and is slightly in shadow from a big sycamore tree. When I was a kid I used to think of that part of the garden as mysterious and fairytale-like smiling smiley

I bought a fig tree the other day (it was looking sorry for itself + was on sale). I hope I can take care of it well enough to get some figs!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 25, 2009 08:47AM

i love fruit trees

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 25, 2009 03:29PM

Me too! Can't wait to start planting a small orchard on my new farm!!! (and berries and veggies and mushrooms...)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 27, 2009 09:41PM

Great post! I have always felt physically queasy when working in environments that lacked trees, or in which trees could not be viewed from windows. I have a three-story tall maple in my front yard, a small one in the back, crabapples, a magnolia, mulberries, a tiny cherry sapling, and my pride and joy, respectively--an old Moravian apple tree and a Bartlett pear tree. I feel so sorry for kids in neighborhoods that are denuded of trees, and who will never know what it feels like to sit in the crook of two stout boughs and eat a fruit straight from the nearest overhanging branch. The tranquility of such a moment . . . elemental. I desperately hope that planned green space projects in the cities of our nation include fruit trees. I'll have to get involved!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables