Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

vaccinations?
Posted by: Arrow ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:02AM

15 days raw and reconsidering some values. Any suggestions, ideas? to broaden my knowledge on whether to continue with the vaccination course on my 2 and 3 year old. Any good sites recommended? Appreciate your views :-) Arrow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: vaccinations?
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 14, 2009 12:17PM

I don't know about sites, but I read this book:
[www.amazon.com]

It is very informative.

We do not give any immunizations. Scary stuff!

Posted by: SheThrowsDown ()
Date: May 14, 2009 12:51PM

I didn't want to vax at all (myself and none of my family is vaccinated) and my husband wanted to vaccinate on schedule so we came up with the middle ground that we would wait until our children were 2 and then they would be vaccinated selectively. My son is two and a half and so far the "selectively" has been not at all lol

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: May 14, 2009 03:27PM

Vaccines have not lowerd the world mortality, most data on vaccines in corrupt,
And it gets real scary if you research who owns what vaccines.
over 1,000 vaccines trials are under way on the planet right now.

The first death of a human from swine flu was caused by a vaccine owend by Donald Rumsfield in 1976 at fort dix N.j. that went on to paralize thosands
and killed hundreds before the program was halted in 76 4000,000 were vacinated
then before the halt. Many ex military poelple own the rights on vaccines, weird huh! Rumsfield Shultze they sit on pharmy boards and play their favorate game ( musicaL chairpersons between boards FDA CDC Who,

Nature’s perfection: Borage seed oilAA Milne on swine flu »Swine Flu alternative view
May 6, 2009
With the worlds media on full alert over the recent outbreak of swine flu – and the possibilities of a pandemic – I received an interesting email this morning which offers an interesting take on swine flu. Please be aware that some of the links make for harrowing reading …

The Fear Agenda
Less than two weeks after the latest pandemic scam was launched upon the gullible populace by a global media grateful to have something other than the financial meltdown to blast across the front pages, it i’s all but over … or is it?

Hundreds of thousands of people have been panicked into taking Tamiflu, the wonder-drug co-incidentally developed by pharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences when Donald Rumsfeld was Chairman of the Company (1997 – 2001). Every few years Rumsfeld’s personal wealth is enhanced significantly as a direct result of pandemic flu scams, which result in national governments buying up enormous stocks of Tamiflu, a drug which now carries a mandatory health warning in the US. A health warning which states that parents should monitor children taking the drug for unusual behaviour! The US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) stipulated that the label should carry this warning after receiving 103 reports of abnormal behaviour. Reported side effects of Tamiflu include sudden confusion, delirium, hallucinations, unusual behaviour, or self-injury. These symptoms have occurred most often in children. In short, Tamiflu is a psycho-active drug.

All that aside, there is perhaps an even more pernicious longer term effect of taking Tamiflu. Some pharmacologists have put forward the suggestion that Tamiflu might weaken the immune system significantly. So consider the possibility that the tens or even hundreds of thousands of people panicked into taking Tamiflu at the end of the 2008/2009 flu season, may have increased the likelihood of succumbing to whatever GM strain of the flu virus is launched upon the global community next winter!

One may be forgiven for perceiving the recent Baxter vaccine scandal planned to fuel the pandemic and ramp up the death rate, which is effectively what occurred in the 1976 Swine Flu scam, which was also orchestrated by none other Mr Aspartame himself, Donald Rumsfeld.

Meanwhile, here’s a link for all those who are interested in enhancing their immune system without the use of pharmaceuticals.

AV2 Headline Speaker Dr Len Horowitz speaks out on the current Swine Flu scam.
Donald rumsfield Swine Flu part two,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2009 03:35PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 15, 2009 04:18AM

vaccines

jeeeeperszzz!!

yer right riverhouse

it is scary stuff

and no end to it

seemingly

Date: May 15, 2009 04:19AM

people have given up lucrative careers ( esp. in the medical field)

so as to avoid receiving vaccinations

that might tell you something right there

Posted by: Arrow ()
Date: May 15, 2009 10:31AM

I wish I'd had the courage to pursue this line of thought before my children were born but unfortunately they've both had vaccines to start with. Recently lots of things seems to be becoming more clear to me.
Personally I suffered a bad bout of glandular fever when I was three and I had to learn to walk again. I was always pale and sickly as a child. Apart from a poor diet one wonders where this immuno deficiency type illness could have stemmed from? A three year old shoudn't be getting an illness like that.
Well better to learn late than not at all. Make sure my sons are informed for when their turn comes round to choosing for their children.
There is one question. My littlest appears to require vaccinations for his school entry in September. I will find out which ones. Do I have to? I live in France.
Here's another poser for you. I am trained as an occupational therapist and my dilemma is I want 'help' people but don't want to support this wave of hypocrisy that says medication is the answer. I want to go back into psychiatry but interstingly I've been on both the receiving and professional end so I think my insights might be helpful. Trouble is I hate the idea that medication is the pillar. I might do a different post for this. Many thanks for all your information.
Arrow

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 15, 2009 12:03PM

Hi Arrow,

I live in Louisiana, and I have no idea what your laws are, but here you can get out of vaccinations regarding the schools by claiming religious reasons.

Are there naturopaths, or other alternative medical career paths you could pursue where you live?

I have a feeling alternative medicine will be more and more popular everywhere.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 15, 2009 01:21PM

Arrow,

"Scary" Dr. Mercola's website has a lot of info about vaccination, though riverhousebill seems to have posted an exhaustive examination of the subject(thanks, bill!). If you go to [mercola.com], you could do a search for articles.

pakd4fun is right about opting out for religious reasons; here in Michigan we may also opt out for ethical or philosophical reasons(some vaccines contain aborted human fetal and/or animal tissue in their medium) and medical reasons(if your child has a known allergy to some of the ingredients). Look into what you can do in France.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2009 01:22PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2009 12:06AM

have not and will not with my two. my brother nearly died from mmr and my cousin is learning delayed because of his. tragic. my friend's daughter didn't have any, she is now in her 20's with two gorgeous unvaxed littles of her own. birthed at home too, gotta love it.

Date: May 18, 2009 12:14PM

coco

<<my brother nearly died from mmr and my cousin is learning delayed because of his.>>

what is mmr ( is it mercury? ... what does the other m and r stand for?)

can you elucidate what happened to your cousin?
how do u know it happened from vaccines?
when did he show manifestations of learning "delay"?

Date: May 18, 2009 03:26PM

MMR scam-Read Me Check this, out autism in amish children 1 out of ten thounsand
Vaccines Did Not Save Us – 2 Centuries of Official Statistics
________________Child Health Safety_________________Entries RSS | Comments RSS Key Data for Parents
Measles - Official UK Statistics

US Statistics Measles - Rapid Decline Regardless of Vaccination

UK Government Caught Lying On Baby Hep B Vax Safety

Amazing Larry King Live TV Coverage of Autism & Vaccines
British Minister Misled Parliament Over US MMR Autism Case
Vaccines Implicated in Rocketing Childhood Diabetes Rates
Autism In Amish Children – 1 in 10,000
Larry King Live – Breakthrough Coverage & More
Dr Ben Glaxacre’s “BadScience” Gets It Wrong – Again
Autism Rates Rocket – 1 in 38 British Boys – Cambridge Study
Times’ Group Journo Costs GMC £1M – But Blames MMR Doc!
Sunday Times’ MMR Lies Nailed At Last – Editor Witherow Should Resign
UK Government Hands Drug Industry Control of Childhood Vaccinations

British Secret MMR-Impfstoff Forced-Dateien öffnen Legal Action

Search Engine Submission - AddMe Secret British MMR Vaccine Files Forced Open By Legal Action
Posted on January 13, 2009 by childhealthsafety
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Read here what will be discovered and more.
[Another World Exclusive Below Purple [ 22/Jan/2009]

[World Exclusive - 17 Jan red below - New revelations - 15 Jan blue]

This is the story the UK media have steadfastly not been publishing and of the contrasting unprecedented new developments in the US politically and in the US Federal Court.

The UK’s Daily Mail newspaper reported [13/Jan/09] the British government was refusing the public release under the UK’s Freedom Of Information laws of confidential files on a proven dangerous MMR [measles, mumps and rubella] vaccine. A recent legal case has forced the files open: [Confidential MMR vaccine files should be opened in the public interest, watchdog rules - The Daily Mail - Jenny Hope - 13th January 2009]

In the US Federal Court children are being compensated after findings they developed autism and other injuries. The British government has prevented its child citizens being compensated and treated. Money and politics override child health safety. 20 years on children continue to be injured. Starting in 1986 Canada, to 1988 Japan and the UK to the present this previously unpublished account is definitive carefully researched and accessible.

The problem is not just autism and not just the MMR vaccine [see USA developments and Federal Court decisions below]. What else are we not being told?

[Copy to others: Secret British MMR Vaccine FilesForced Open By Legal Action]

Contents
British Government’s Reckless Disregard for Child Health Safety

British Government & Establishment’s Efforts to Deny Compensation to MMR Vaccine Child Victims

AUTISM – US Court Decisions and Other Recent Developments – It’s Not Just MMR

Vaccine Risks Outweigh Risk of Disease

Mercury in British Vaccines, Autism and Your Child’s Allergies

In Whom Can You Trust?

The British Government?
The US Centers For Disease Control and Drug Companies?
Independent Medical Professional Organisations?
What You Can Do – [click for action you can take]

To Contents

British Government’s Reckless Disregard for Child HealthSafety
The UK’s Department of Health and others appear to have been reckless as to the safety of British children over the manner in which Glaxo company, Smith Kline & French Laboratories Ltd’s Pluserix MMR vaccine was introduced and used on British Children in 1988

the problems with Pluserix MMR were known to the supplier, Glaxo company Smith Kline & French Laboratories Ltd from the experience of its introduction to Canada, in 1986, where Pluserix was marketed under the name “Trivirix”
Trivirix (Pluserix) was withdrawn from use in Canada in 1988 because it was dangerous, causing high levels of adverse reactions in children
the high levels of British adverse reactions to the vaccine were apparent and known about at British Ministerial level in 1990, as shown by ministerial correspondence

Pluserix/Trivirx are the identical vaccine manufactured in the identical Smith Kline factory in Belgium and with the exact same component parts and constituents

despite the Canadian position and contemporaneously with the final withdrawal of Pluserix/Trivirix in Canada the UK signed the contract to purchase Pluserix MMR from Glaxo company, Smith Kline & French Laboratories Limited in July 1988, even though it was known by then to be too dangerous for use on our children

SK&F was provided with a blanket indemnity in that contract by the NHS Procurement Directorate

the contract was signed up by the backdoor through the North East Thames Regional Health Authority as agent for the NHS Procurement Directorate rather than being a contract directly entered into with the NHS Procurement Directorate which negotiated the contract or the NHS Executive of the time

there was no Parliamentary scrutiny of this and it seems to have been effected in a manner Ministerially deniable

similar problems were experienced in Japan with the Japanese MMR vaccine which, in common with Pluserxi/Trivirix, contained the Urabe strain of mumps virus

the Japanese MMR was also withdrawn by 1992 on safety grounds having caused high levels of adverse reactions

the British government continued the licence for Pluserix MMR after 1992, which enabled it to be supplied overseas

even today, because it is cheaper than safer alternatives, organisations like UNICEF continue supplying urabe strain containing MMR vaccine to the more adverse reaction vulnerable and less well nourished third world children

since 1998, statistical papers claiming no evidence of an association between the MMR vaccine and autism have been published in a blaze of publicity, but when all the noise has died down, on subsequent careful examination, each one has been found to be flawed. These are the same kinds of statistical studies [epidemiology] used by the tobacco industry in the 1940’s and 50’s to claim smoking did not cause lung cancer

other than the Royal Free’s paper, no clinical studies of the MMR child litigants were undertaken or published

after being put under financial pressure by the British Government, in 2005 the Oxford based Cochrane Collaboration published a systematic review of all prior papers and its authors claimed to conclude the MMR vaccine was safe:-

it was shown the authors had violated the standards of evidence-based medicine [ref] and
their conclusions were not supported by the body of the review [ref]
and it later was discovered that the British Department of Health had increased the funding for Cochrane’s Oxford administration by £1 million per annum and extended the contracts of its British groups

To ContentsBritish Government & Establishment’s Efforts to Deny Compensation to MMR Vaccine Child Victims

Legal Aid funded claims by children started as early as 1991 and well before Dr Andrew Wakefield warned the British public about the vaccine. His efforts were met with the full force of the British establishment to discredit him and proceedings before the General Medical Council resumed only yesterday, which have been going on for three years.

The main false accusation levelled in February 2004 was that Wakefield made his disclosures in a medical paper published in The Lancet medical journal because he wanted to make money being an expert witness in Court. But few people know the following [and there is naturally full documentation on this].

The Chief Executive of the owners of “The Lancet”, Crispin Davis, had a few months earlier been brought onto the Board of Directors of MMR litigation Defendants’ parent company GlaxoSmithKline in the prior July [2003].

Brian Deer, a freelance journalist was commissioned by The Sunday Times two months later in September 2003 to write the stories attacking Wakefield.

This was about two weeks before the Legal Services Commission final decision was due on withdrawal of Legal Aid from the MMR children’s UK litigation and which did withdraw legal aid.

The person who commissioned Deer was Paul Nuki, Sunday Times’ sometime Head of Newsroom investigations and “Focus” editor. Paul Nuki is son of Professor George Nuki. Professor George Nuki in 1987 sat on the Committee on Safety of Medicines when the CSM was considering Glaxo company Smith Kline & French Laboratories’ Pluserix MMR vaccine for safety approval. The CSM approved Pluserix MMR but it caused very high levels of adverse reactions and was withdrawn by the manufacturers on very little notice in late 1992 leaving the Department of Health in an embarrassing position.

Large numbers of British children were injured and legal aid claims had already started from as early as 1990, six years before Wakefield became involved and contrary to The Sunday Times’ false claims that this was all a scam set up by Wakefield and solicitor Richard Barr.

Sitting on the CSM with Professor George Nuki was Professor Sir Roy Meadow and Professor Sir David Hull. Professor Sir Roy Meadow is now notorious for his evidence falsely condemning mothers around the world for killing their children. This includes the Sally Clark case where vaccines are directly implicated in the cause of death, as revealed by Neville Hodgkinson in The Spectator, (What killed Sally Clark’s child? | The Spectator 16 May 2007 ) but which were specifically discounted by Professor Meadow in his evidence, despite sitting on the joint CSM/JCVI vaccine safety sub-committee with Professor David Salisbury and others to approve the MMR vaccine.

It was Professor Sir David Hull in 1998 who, as chairman of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation, started the attacks on Wakefield’s work. The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation advises the Department of Health on vaccination issues and the childhood vaccination programme. As Chairman of the JCVI, Professor Sir David Hull could have taken action to deal with the issues over the MMR and protect British children. Despite his attacks on Wakefield’s work, alleging unethical research on children for no clinical benefit, two years later in 2000, it was Professor Sir David Hull who rewrote the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health ethical guidelines to permit research on children where there was no clinical benefit (albeit in The Royal Free’s case all the investigations were clinically justified).

The Sunday Times’ freelancer was assisted in his efforts with free advice and assistance from the Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry funded and controlled company Medico Legal Investigations Limited. Medico Legal Investigations Limited speciality was in getting medical doctors on charges before the General Medical Council. So we know that before a single word was published by The Sunday Times, it was already being planned with the involvement of interested parties that Wakefield and colleagues were to be taken before the GMC.

Another free of charge helper to Sunday Times’ journalist Deer was Glaxo Wellcome funded Fellow and active British Medical Association member, Dr Evan Harris MP. Harris has advised and assisted Deer up to the present, including attending the Wakefield GMC hearings with Deer.

The Sunday Times’ journalist, Deer, was also assisted by The Royal Free’s Strategic Health Authority which passed Deer confidential documents ‘in the spirit of openness’ and including documents relating to the confidential medical treatment of the MMR child litigants. The SHA at first denied providing documents until it was pointed out the fact was disclosed by Dr Evan Harris MP, in Parliament on 15th March 2004.

On Saturday 21 February 2004, Lancet Editor Richard Horton pre-empted the Sunday Times’ stories. Horton was reported in The Times claiming he would not have published the MMR part of The Royal Free’s Lancet paper had Wakefield’s paid involvement in the MMR litigation been disclosed. The Sunday Times had waited until Sunday 22 February 2004, 5 days before judgment in the MMR child litigants’ High Court challenge to the withdrawal of legal aid, to publish its stories attacking Wakefield. Prime Minister Blair was reported in the press on the issue as was Health Secretary Reid.

As Dr Horton records in his book ["MMR Science and Fiction: Exploring the Vaccine Crisis,"], he was the next day exchanging notes over dinner and liqueurs with a member of the UK’s medical regulatory body, The General Medical Council on possible bases for GMC proceedings against Andrew Wakefield: ["The confusion": Richard Horton - a remarkably frank passage' John Stone BMJ 2 November 2004]

That MMR is solely a political and money issue was given away by journalist Jeremy Laurance’s The Independent’s story of 24th February 2004. Laurance reported there was “delight” in Whitehall as “Ministers temper their triumphalism” and that “joy” was “unconfined at the discrediting of Andrew Wakefield“. ["Ministers temper their triumphalism but delight spreads at Whitehall" The Independent - Jeremy Laurance, Health Editor Tuesday, 24 February 2004 ].

This was bizarre if the issue was just which measles vaccine might be given to children. There was an acceptable, cheaper and more effective measles vaccine. This was hardly stuff for Prime Minister Blair to involve himself in but even he jumped in with both feet.

However, in the light of the British government’s financial indemnity to Glaxo, the potential damage to billion pound sterling Glaxo’s financial interests from a scandal over the vaccine and the British government’s liability in negligence to large numbers of children, it starts to make sense. This also puts into clearer perspective why the choice of which measles vaccine children received became a major political issue. It had and has nothing to do with protecting your children from disease or child health safety. [blue text 15/Jan/09]

Legal aid was withdrawn on 27th February 2004 in a secret judgment by High Court Judge Nigel Davis. The reasons remain unpublished today. Evidence given in open court at a different hearing included the allegation from a parent that an official admitted to her that legal aid was withdrawn after government pressure.

It was discovered in 2007 that Judge Sir Nigel Davis is the brother of Lancet owner’s CEO and main Glaxo board member Sir Crispin Davis. When challenged a statement was issued on Judge Davis’ behalf to The Telegraph newspaper’s legal correspondent Joshua Rosenberg and stated “The possibility of any conflict of interest arising from his brother’s position did not occur to him.“

The outcome of an investigation by the Office for Judicial Complaints found no impropriety and resulted in no action taken regarding the relationship between Judge Davis and his brother Crispin Davis’ GlaxoSmithKline board position.

On 15th March 2004 Dr Evan Harris launched an unprecedented and defamatory Parliamentary attack on Wakefield and his Royal Free colleagues and to which not one of Harris’ Liberal Democrat colleagues contributed. This was based on material in documents Sunday Times’ freelancer Deer had obtained and passed to Harris. Harris used the opportunity to raise allegations The Sunday Times chose not to publish.

Crispin Davis was awarded a knighthood June 2004.

Sunday Times’ freelance journalist Brian Deer confirmed it was he who had made the submissions to the GMC which led to the present GMC proceedings against Wakefield. Wakefield’s lawyers had reported in November 2004 that Deer had made a statutory complaint to the GMC and freelancer Deer reported in the Sunday Times in December 2004 that the General Medical Council was investigating the complaints against Wakefield.

Professor Denis McDevitt was due in July 2007 to chair the unprecedented British General Medical Council hearing of the case of Doctors Wakefield, Murch and Professor Walker-Smith. McDevitt and the GMC failed to declare McDevitt’s personal involvement in approving the dangerous Pluserix MMR vaccine in 1988. He only stood down after Jamie Doward of the Observer, Martyn Halle, freelance journalist for the Sunday Express, Andy Wilks of the Mail on Sunday, Jenny Hope of the Daily Mail and Heather Mills of Private Eye challenged the GMC over the matter. ["MMR Conflict of Interest Zone" Private Eye - June 2007]

A British Medical Journal post suggests more troubling conflicts of interest of the current panel Chairman Dr Surendra Kumar. Kumar sits on two committees of the authority which licences the MMR vaccine (MHRA), the Independent Review Panel for Advertising and the Independent Review Panel for Borderline Products. Dr Kumar is also a shareholder in MMR defendants GlaxoSmithKline. “Re: Financial conflicts – shock horror” John Stone – British Medical Journal – 2 October 2008&#8243; [Blue text 15/Jan/09]

Contrary to Lancet Editor Dr Richard Horton’s evidence to the GMC that he did not know of Wakefield’s paid involvement in the MMR litigation, Horton had detailed correspondence in 1997 disclosing that involvement The correspondence was with Richard Barr, the solicitor who was working on the MMR litigation with Wakefield to help all those seriously injured British children. This correspondence was considerably in advance of Horton’s February 1998 publication in The Lancet of the Royal Free’s paper containing the interpretation that MMR vaccine is associated with autism cases involving inflammatory bowel disease.

Notwithstanding this, the alleged non disclosure of the legal aid funding to Lancet Editor, Dr Richard Horton and the publication of the 1998 Royal Free paper was the nub of Deer’s The Sunday Times’ February 2004 attacks on Wakefield where it was claimed:-

“The investigation has found that when [Wakefield] warned parents to avoid MMR, and published research claiming a link with autism, he did not disclose he was being funded through solicitors seeking evidence to use against vaccine manufacturers. “

Now we know from this that Horton’s claims do not stand up and with them, those of The Sunday Times fall as well. But of course, not a word in the UK media.

Horton has not returned to the GMC Wakefield hearing this week [13/Jan/09] to clarify his evidence and face cross-examination. It seems only his statement will be read out.

As for the Legal Aid money, for months in 1996 the Royal Free Medical School prevaricated accepting it because “Clearly, this could lead to a case against the Government for damages.” wrote Dean Zuckerman privately to the British Medical Association Secretary on 11th October 1996.

What no one knows and disclosed here publicly exclusively worldwide for the first time is that when The Sunday Times published its allegations against Wakefield in 2004 their journalist already had the documents showing Wakefield – a man accused of doing what he did for the money – was fed up with this and had arranged in May 1997 for all the legal aid monies to be sent back and that he had intended to raise the money himself for the injured children [see copy Freedom of Information memo below - added 17/Jan/09].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 03:32PM by riverhousebill.

Date: May 18, 2009 03:41PM

Vaccines Implicated in Rocketing Childhood Diabetes Rates
Posted on April 5, 2009 by childhealthsafety
:::: :::::: :: :::: ::::

The Times, London reports Thousands of children revealed to be suffering from diabetes – The Times – April 4, 2009, showing UK childhood diabetes rates are 15 times higher than previous figures. Childhood diabetes is listed as an adverse reaction to the US drug giant Merck’s MMR II and other vaccines and highlights the issue of risk of disease compared to risk of adverse reactions.

At what point and at what social and economic cost do we draw a line? How many cases of autism, diabetes, asthma, allergy and all the rest do there have to be to make the risks of the vaccines worthwhile? The MMR II product information leaflet can be found here: MMR II. The list of potential adverse reactions is long – and added to the end of this article. It includes:-

“ADVERSE REACTIONS ………..
Endocrine System
Diabetes mellitus …………“

So this again highlights child health safety issues and risk of disease compared to the risk of adverse reactions.

EXTRACT FROM MERCK’S MMR II PRODUCT INFORMATION LEAFLET

ADVERSE REACTIONS

The following adverse reactions are listed in decreasing order of severity, without regard to causality, within each body system category and have been reported during clinical trials, with use of the marketed vaccine, or with use of monovalent or bivalent vaccine containing measles, mumps, or rubella:

Body as a Whole

Panniculitis; atypical measles; fever; syncope; headache; dizziness; malaise; irritability.

Cardiovascular System

Vasculitis.

Digestive System

Pancreatitis; diarrhea; vomiting; parotitis; nausea.

Endocrine System

Diabetes mellitus.

Hemic and Lymphatic System

Thrombocytopenia (see WARNINGS, Thrombocytopenia); purpura; regional lymphadenopathy; leukocytosis.

Immune System

Anaphylaxis and anaphylactoid reactions have been reported as well as related phenomena such as angioneurotic edema (including peripheral or facial edema) and bronchial spasm in individuals with or without an allergic history.

Musculoskeletal System

Arthritis; arthralgia; myalgia.

Arthralgia and/or arthritis (usually transient and rarely chronic), and polyneuritis are features of infection with wild-type rubella and vary in frequency and severity with age and sex, being greatest in adult females and least in prepubertal children. This type of involvement as well as myalgia and paresthesia, have also been reported following administration of MERUVAX II.

Chronic arthritis has been associated with wild-type rubella infection and has been related to persistent virus and/or viral antigen isolated from body tissues. Only rarely have vaccine recipients developed chronic joint symptoms. Following vaccination in children, reactions in joints are uncommon and generally of brief duration. In women, incidence rates for arthritis and arthralgia are generally higher than those seen in children (children: 0-3%; women: 12-26%),17,52,53 and the reactions tend to be more marked and of longer duration. Symptoms may persist for a matter of months or on rare occasions for years. In adolescent girls, the reactions appear to be intermediate in incidence between those seen in children and in adult women. Even in women older than 35 years, these reactions are generally well tolerated and rarely interfere with normal activities.

Nervous System

Encephalitis; encephalopathy; measles inclusion body encephalitis (MIBE) (see CONTRAINDICATIONS); subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE); Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS); febrile convulsions; afebrile convulsions or seizures; ataxia; polyneuritis; polyneuropathy; ocular palsies; paresthesia.

Experience from more than 80 million doses of all live measles vaccines given in the U.S. through 1975 indicates that significant central nervous system reactions such as encephalitis and encephalopathy, occurring within 30 days after vaccination, have been temporally associated with measles vaccine very rarely. In no case has it been shown that reactions were actually caused by vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has pointed out that “a certain number of cases of encephalitis may be expected to occur in a large childhood population in a defined period of time even when no vaccines are administered”. However, the data suggest the possibility that some of these cases live measles virus vaccine administration remains far less than that for encephalitis and encephalopathy with wild-type measles (one per two thousand reported cases).

Post-marketing surveillance of the more than 200 million doses of M-M-R and M-M-R II that have been distributed worldwide over 25 years (1971 to 1996) indicates that serious adverse events such as encephalitis and encephalopathy continue to be rarely reported.17

There have been reports of subacute sclerosing panencephalitis (SSPE) in children who did not have a history of infection with wild-type measles but did receive measles vaccine. Some of these cases may have resulted from unrecognized measles in the first year of life or possibly from the measles vaccination.

Based on estimated nationwide measles vaccine distribution, the association of SSPE cases to measles vaccination is about one case per million vaccine doses distributed. This is far less than the association with infection with wild-type measles, 6-22 cases of SSPE per million cases of measles. The results of a retrospective case-controlled study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest that the overall effect of measles vaccine has been to protect against SSPE by preventing measles with its inherent higher risk of SSPE.55

Cases of aseptic meningitis have been reported to VAERS following measles, mumps, and rubella vaccination. Although a causal relationship between the Urabe strain of mumps vaccine and aseptic meningitis has been shown, there is no evidence to link Jeryl Lynn™ mumps vaccine to aseptic meningitis.

Respiratory System

Pneumonia, pneumonitis (see CONTRAINDICATIONS); sore throat; cough; rhinitis.

Skin

Stevens-Johnson syndrome; erythema multiforme; urticaria; rash; measles-like rash; pruritis. Local reactions including burning/stinging at injection site; wheal and flare; redness (erythema); swelling; induration; tenderness; vesiculation at injection site.

Special Senses — Ear

Nerve deafness; otitis media.

Special Senses — Eye

Retinitis; optic neuritis; papillitis; retrobulbar neuritis; conjunctivitis.

Urogenital System

Epididymitis, orchitis.

Other

Death from various, and in some cases unknown, causes has been reported rarely following vaccination with measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines; however, a causal relationship has not been established in healthy individuals (see CONTRAINDICATIONS). No deaths or permanent sequelae were reported in a published post-marketing surveillance study in Finland involving 1.5 million children and adults who were vaccinated with M-M-R II during 1982 to 1993.56

Under the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, health-care providers and manufacturers are required to record and report certain suspected adverse events occurring within specific time periods after vaccination. However, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has established a Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) which will accept all reports of suspected events.47

A VAERS report form as well as information regarding reporting requirements can be obtained by calling

VAERS 1-800-822-7967

Date: May 18, 2009 04:51PM

la_veronique,

It stands for : Measles/Mumps/Rubella

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 18, 2009 05:19PM

In 2001 I made preperations to travel for more than a year in asia, which included vaccinations .. honestly i dont even know what I got besides the standard hep but i had 3 rounds of about 4 shots per arm.

since 2001 , i have developed , chronic uvitis, rheumatoid arthritis in all major joints, and other strange auto-immune type symptoms (shingles, hyper tartar formation on teeth, gout, ) nobody in my family has travelled extensively like I have in my life nor does anyone in my family history is there case of rheumatoid or auto-immune disorders.

I truly beleive these things have been brought on by the vaccinations i received

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: May 22, 2009 02:34AM

Jodi,

Vaccinations frequently contain live fungal cells. These are used to transport the vaccine antigen into the immune cells, in a sort of piggyback formation, as nothing is more invasive than fungal cells and this ensures the depositing of the antigens into the target. The object of the vaccine--the viral cell, say--is typically "programmed" to self-destruct so that it does not multiply and overwhelm the immune system once an antibody reponse has been induced. Not so the fungal cell transporters. Nooooo, your immune system is left to deal with their fast dividing numbers all by itself and while already in crisis. Nice. I am SURE this is why we have an epidemic of juvenile arthritis. The body just can't fight everything. It just can't.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 23, 2009 04:44AM

Arrow - you could always home educate your children. I did that for a while and it is brilliant when they are young - no dimming of their bright eager little brains and hearts by boring classroom routines etc. My son is now 12 and goes to a very alternative, democratic school where he is radiantly happy. I don't know how the laws stand in France but certainly in the UK we have these choices.

I wish I'd known more about vaccinations when my children were little. They seem to be giving them more vaccinations younger and younger. I did hesitate over the mmr for my youngest and decided not to give him the course of three jabs when he was 2,3, and 4months old (it was 2yrs old for my older two) but caved in when he was 7yrs as there was a wave of measles and I got scared. I know more now and probably wouldn't vaccinate. But I think it is a tough choice for a lot of parents - there is a lot of pressure to vaccinate especially from other parents.

A friend of mine got asked to leave a toddler group for goodness sake because she would not vaccinate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 04:46AM by flipperjan.

Date: May 24, 2009 11:44PM

flipperjan,

Honestly, I don't understand the ignorance of people who insist on barring unvaccinated kids from playgroups, camping trips, etc. A friend of mine digs her fingernails into her palms to keep from losing her temper when she quietly explains that if the other children are vaccinated, her unvaccinated children cannot possibly be a disease threat. DUH!

Date: May 25, 2009 05:41AM

yeah that is disgusting

wonderful we live in tamukha

Date: May 25, 2009 03:02PM

Flu Vaccines Found Useless for Seniors; Benefits Greatly Exaggerated, say Researchers NaturalNews) The benefits of influenza vaccines on senior citizens have been "greatly exaggerate[d]," according to a major review of the evidence published in the medical journal Lancet Infectious Diseases.

Researchers examined prior studies on the effectiveness of the vaccine, and concluded that it is impossible to tell whether flu vaccines decrease winter deaths among senior citizens at all, let alone by the vast degree often claimed.

A commonly cited statistic is that flu shots lead to a 50 percent reduction in winter deaths among the elderly. But the study authors point out that flu itself is only responsible for 5 percent of winter deaths in that population, making such a claim absurd.

"We find it peculiar that the claims that influenza vaccination can prevent half -- or more -- of all winter deaths in elderly people have not been more vigorously debated," the researchers write. "That influenza vaccination can prevent 10 times as many deaths as the disease itself causes is not plausible."

The researchers also found significant flaws in the methodology of flu vaccines studies. Their greatest criticism was that most such studies have been carried out with few participants who are in poor health or over the age of 70, even though this is precisely the population among whom the disease is most fatal, accounting for 75 percent of influenza fatalities.

The researchers also points out that while flu vaccination rates in the United States have increased from 15 percent of the over-65 population to 65 percent since 1980, there has been no corresponding decrease in deaths from the disease.

"This data support what the naturopathic community has been saying for decades: That flu shot vaccines are medically useless," said consumer health advocate Mike Adams. "Their promotion is based on junk science, exaggerated benefits and fear mongering among the elderly. But much like everything else in modern medicine, when you peel back the propaganda and look at what's underneath, you find there's no good science at all. Flu shots are a medical hoax."

Evertthing Ive read on vaccines says BS, The stats show vaccines have not lowerd the worlds mortality rate, It may well be a vaccine that will cause a panadenic!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables