Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Another Breatharian Documentry Coming!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2009 07:53PM

i don't have to believe or disbelieve it to enjoy a good show! it's all interesting, like sasquatch or ufo's. maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't but hey, i'm game for a viewing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 22, 2009 11:00PM

kwan:

<<LaV & Jer--
Busting paradigms, releasing more and more light into the world--- love it!>>

What else is there left to do? If it is not "impossible", it is truly not worth going after. This is my honest opinion.

Posted by: jericho sunfire ()
Date: July 22, 2009 11:39PM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > LaV & Jer--
> Busting paradigms, releasing more and more light
> into the world--- love it!

Yeah Kwan...if I´m not mistaken it was you, LV, Dave Mason and Bryan that were around here when I first went Fruitarian, you guys saw all the crap that went down here and on other boards so you guys know that these boundries can be busted down. I rememember the fuss people made when I put fitness with Fruitarianism.

This is what it will take, we simply need more folks sharing and busting boundries.

I remember those early days when people here would complain about there being no support from long time raw foodist,, but everytime one came to share they would get blasted and scoffed at, moral of the story is, if you want the support, keep your mind open to new things because you don´t make progress doing what you have always done.

JS

JS

JERICHO SUNFIRE-BASIC TRAINING
www.jerichosunfire.com

Date: July 22, 2009 11:40PM

coco Wrote:
> i don't have to believe or disbelieve it to enjoy
> a good show! it's all interesting, like sasquatch
> or ufo's. maybe it exists, maybe it doesn't but
> hey, i'm game for a viewing.

You´ll see some great parts of Mexico if nothing else.

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Date: July 22, 2009 11:40PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> kwan:
>
>
> <>
>
> What else is there left to do? If it is not
> "impossible", it is truly not worth going after.
> This is my honest opinion.

Ha,ha...nice one!

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Date: July 22, 2009 11:45PM

Checkout the new edit and watch out for the fitness shots at the end.

[www.youtube.com]

JS

www.jerichosunfire.com

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 23, 2009 12:56AM

>moral of the story is, if you want the support, keep your mind open to new things because you don´t make progress doing what you have always done.<

<<<<APPLAUSE>>>>>

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:16AM

jericho sunfire I always really enjoy your videos man, (no matter what your name is)... Keep it up, I know it is possible. Afterall were all breatharians! Some of us just go longer without food than others.

Date: July 23, 2009 05:05AM

>Afterall were all breatharians! Some of us just go longer without food than others.<

HA HA! I love that.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 23, 2009 12:11PM

Rumour has it, this woman, Born in 1868, who stopped eating in 1880, may still be alive..

The Yogi, Paramhansa Yogananda is pictured with her, in 1936, at her home in the isolated Bengal village of Biur. Her non-eating state has been rigorously investigated by the Maharaja of Burdwan. She employs a certain yoga technique to recharge her body with cosmic energy from the ether, sun, and air. Quote from "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramhansa Yogananda.

The story of Giri Bala was told to Yogananda when he met with her when she was 68. At that time she had not eaten nor taken fluids for over 56 years. Still living the life of a humble and simple villager, she had in her early years as rumour spread, been taken to the palace of the leader of her province. There she was kept under strict observation and eventually 'released' with the sanction that yes she did exist purely on Light.

With Yogananda she shared how as a child she enjoyed a voracious appetite for which she was often chided and teased. At age nine she was betrothed and was soon ensconced in her husband's family abode. One day Giri suffered so greatly at her mother-in-law's tongue and teasing at her gluttony that she exclaimed "I shall soon prove to you that I shall never touch food again as long as I live". Teased further she then fled the village.

In great despair she cried from her very soul for God to send a Guru who could teach her to live by God's Light alone. At this time her Guru materialized in front of her and she was initiated into the art of a specific Kria Yoga technique to free the body of the need for physical sustenance.

The Guru shared 'Dear little one, I am the guru sent here by God to fulfil your urgent prayer. He was deeply touched by its very unusual nature. From today you shall live by the astral light. Your bodily atoms shall be recharged by the infinite current."

Since that day she has neither eaten nor taken fluids and has no bodily excretions. Yogananda shared that "she is setting this example to prove that man is spirit in truth, and also to prove that man can live by the Eternal Light of God."

Quote from Dr. Joshua David Stone's work "Forty of the Worlds Great Saints and Spiritual Masters".

I cant recall where, but this women was put under clinical test, and her skeptics became her suporters. she siad it was a yoga exercise to extact from the air, when asked why she wont share she said it would be bad for farmers
I dont know what to make out of such claims, but in this world where we only know 4% of whats here who knows? its wide wide open! heck if people can live on Monsanto foods just mabey you could go longer with nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Truth.. Simplicity.. Love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2009 12:15PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 23, 2009 01:07PM

Thanks Bill for sharing the story of Giri Bala. I remember
reading about her in "Autobiography of a Yogi". I had no idea that she
might still be alive. Therese Neumann, another Breatharian mentioned in
the book, lived a relatively short life.....WY

[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: July 23, 2009 08:52PM

riverhousebill says:

<<heck if people can live on Monsanto foods just mabey you could go longer with nothing.>>

Hey river

you are hilarious!! made me laugh smiling smiley

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 23, 2009 11:24PM

Why can no one ever seem to document these stories? I did some searching for Giri Bala & found her info. and also a few other 250 + yr. old breatharians. But, as fate would have it, there are no birth records, and no living relatives to vouch for them. It is an interesting concept, as I stated previously.

I do know that a person can exist on very little food & water, but still...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:02AM

I think Breatharianism may be possible for long stretches(not years), but my problem with it, as with all ascetic pursuits, is that it is futile. That is, these yogis don't go on to found orphanages, or to reform women's education or farming or anything else that benefits their greater society. They become a planet unto themselves. Is this true Enlightenment? What have they achieved? Mastery over their appetite or bodily functions. Right. And? They aren't really living; they are merely existing, however rarified their every breath. This is fascinating and all, but what is their purpose? Also, their example can devolve into their being touted as curiosities, like the congenital deformity bearing circus stars of old. That's unseemly, and neuters the spiritualness they embody. I don't know if Breatharianism is something beneficial to Creation and to be aspired to. I really don't.

I am thinking now of some of the raw foods gurus who started out so outward-minded but have, after years of ormus making and superfoods consumption and Maori massage submitting become, I'm sorry to say, rather self-centered and navel-gazey. I see a strange parallel to the food-free yogis, in some ways.

Date: July 24, 2009 02:36AM

>I am thinking now of some of the raw foods gurus who started out so outward-minded but have, after years of ormus making and superfoods consumption and Maori massage submitting become, I'm sorry to say, rather self-centered and navel-gazey. I see a strange parallel to the food-free yogis, in some ways.<

I have a similar problem with many in the raw food and breatharian communities. However, I'm inspired by the model present in the ancient Taoist adepts, many of whom were (and even today are) breatharians: there is a strong emphasis in Taoism on living a balanced life, including service to others. Many Taoist cultivators of Life were healers, or herbalists, or served their communities in some other capacity.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: July 24, 2009 08:07AM

If a woman can grow a healthy baby on this livity, then I would say it is an optimal one for human development. If not then, not meaning to be obtuse, what is the point?

Date: July 24, 2009 10:45AM

Tamukha

Why do you assume that just because someone is a breatharian that they must :

1) found an orphanage
2) reform women's education etc.

Why should they do anything for their community at all? Do you place this same onus on other people who have a particular diet? If anything, carnivores ought to do anything and everything to help their environment since they are taking the most out of it : Deforestation of the rainforest is rampant so that cattle can have grass to chew on so that carnivores can have their filet mignon. Get the picure? Why should those who have the least carbon footprint contribute the most? They are already contributing just by taking the very least from the earth.
Isn't this enough? Why do they owe you or anyone else anything at all? Why?

Also, you say that breatharians run the risk of becoming circus oddities. Yeah... well, that is probably why not too many of them advertise themselves. They just might be like you and me .... they appreciate two substances that have related ingredients:

Substance #1 : Dignity
Substance #2 : Privacy

Date: July 24, 2009 02:33PM

la_veronique,

Let me explain. It's not that the onus is on the Breatharian to mitigate all the world's problems; certainly the share of this ethically must be apportioned to those that do the most harm. What I guess I mean is that my cosmology holds that we must be useful to one another, and being that one has attained a spectacular level of spiritual enlightenment doesn't cancel this out. In certain instances, it may necessarily burden the enlightened one excessively[see: The Christ]. Perhaps these people are useful in that they serve as simple examples to those of us mired in the material trappings of workaday life. I am ambivalent about that. I am certainly not deriding these people's accomplishments, which are humbling, nor am I accusing them of charlatanism. What it comes down to is this: You've achieved life without food or water--So? I suppose no one can answer that but the individual Breatharian. And, of course, he or she is not required to smiling smiley

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: July 24, 2009 05:35PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> What it comes down to is this: You've achieved life without food or water--So?

The emotional transformation that would have taken place within such a person is of ENORMOUS benefit to humanity.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 24, 2009 07:33PM

Omega Wrote:
> The emotional transformation that would have taken
> place within such a person is of ENORMOUS benefit
> to humanity.
What a Prophetic statement. All the meditating Yogis
sitting in their Himalayan caves keep the World from flying apart.
We can all experience a transformation to help humanity. Prepare
yourself until you know what to do, then do it.....WY

Date: July 24, 2009 10:53PM

Enlightenment is impossible without compassion and love, which has to translate into some sort of activity. In some people, that activity will be practical 'on the ground' work to help others in some way. But in others, it may manifest as a more impersonal form of love in which one simply holds humanity in their consciousness and does what they can to elevate the world's vibration.

Although I don't feel particularly 'responsible' for creating the problems the world is experiencing-- global warming and all the rest-- I don't think it's incongruent at all for me to feel like I should help, and do my part, as part of the human family, to heal the planet.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 27, 2009 06:10AM

Tamukha

How do you know that people who are breatharians have NOT contributed many and myriads of times in their lives. Unless you know their entire life-line history, it is impossible to make such a statement. There is helping people privately and then there are all out organized foundations. One can have helped by being a good brother, sister, mother, wife, friend, teacher,daughter, son, neighbor, listening ear, helping hand etc. These things are not always documented and advertised.

And yeah, you are right. So... someone has reached a level of breatharianism. So what? you say... my thoughts exactly. So what. The reason for its importance will be particularly germane only to the individual him or herself or those who choose to be influenced by it. Otherwise, it really is a so what?

So what is neither good or bad. It is what a person chooses to make it.

Date: July 27, 2009 07:17PM

la_veronique,

I don't disagree with you on this.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables