Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Camping Starting Today
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 29, 2009 10:52AM

Leaving 'civilization' behind today to go camping on Lovells Island in Massachusetts for 8 days. The hardest part is lugging all the gear on and off 2 boats, setting up the tent and putting a tarp 'roof' over the picnic table at the site... after that, it's all easy! Looks like we'll have great weather the whole time. I don't know how Jonathan does it; he almost always picks a camping schedule weeks ahead of time that turns out to accomodate us with great weather.

Still deliberating this morning, whether to take my flute along or not. Decisions, decisions!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Camping Starting Today
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 29, 2009 11:58AM

Of course take your flute along! When I go on outings, (very infrequent these days) I will always take an acoustic guitar, harmonica, etc., in case I am feeling in a creative mood, as music is in my nature.

Have fun, sounds like you will have a great time, even if the rainy MA weather continues as it has all summer.

I listen to WBZ am 1030 overnight (Steve LeVeille/Morgan White/Jordan Rich) so I know what type of weather you have been receiving in your neck of the woods. winking smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 29, 2009 12:05PM

Bye-bye, kwan! Have loads of fun and play the flute for the trees while you're there--I'm sure they'll love it : )

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2009 12:56PM

i vote for the flute! when you can bring music and joy in a such a small package my answer will always be YES! have fun smiling smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 29, 2009 01:08PM

I vote yes on taking the flute.

I hope you have a wonderful trip and come back refreshed and recharged.

Lots of love,
Kise'

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 30, 2009 10:05AM

or no flute
cuz u can just close your eyes and listen to the way the wind whistles through the branches and kisses the leaves

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 06, 2009 03:29AM

Haha, i took the flute -- and was glad I did! -- even though I only played it once. Now if I hadn't taken it, I bet I would have really missed it.

LaV, you're right, I got so tuned into nature that I didn't need the flute very much. Also got really tuned into my artistic side and made lots of 'magic butterfly creatures' (painted canvas wings + beadwork), and the music kind of got put on the back burner.

I had a WONDERFUL time! It was one of the most peaceful camping trips I've ever had; I felt really relaxed and creative, and a lot of energy got freed up.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 06, 2009 11:28AM

Glad you took the flute along. I always take an instrument or two, & even if I don't ever touch them, I like knowing they are there in case I feel the urge. Sounds like you had a very relaxing time, got your batteries recharged!

I so badly need to do that as well. I am going to make it happen soon. One thing I have always longed to do is hike the Appalachian trail. Anyone on here ever done that, or aspire to?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 06, 2009 10:07PM

juicerkatz,

I'd like to hike the Appalachian Trail someday : )

Date: August 06, 2009 10:50PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> juicerkatz,
>
> I'd like to hike the Appalachian Trail someday : )

I've read books on it, listed to an audiobook about it, and, I know two people who have hiked it; The one gent I know hiked it twice, the whole thing. Must be so cool.

It is in my blood, I need to do it someday...

kwan - does your friend John play a musical instrument as well?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables