Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Poison Arrow Mentality
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 23, 2009 06:43AM

any insight on my obviously fallible non insight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 23, 2009 02:22PM

LaV--
This comes to mind: personally helping someone with our own efforts is very different (and often very hard!) from helping someone by lifting them up in our consciousness and surrendering their situation to the Divine Healer within.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 23, 2009 10:50PM

LaV-- Let me amend what I said above. I also have a great deal of trouble getting into the spirit of helping friends who are not open to being helped; the kind of people who seem to actively run from any kind of positive steps to heal or help themselves. It's natural and instinctual to leave people to their own devices. One has a sense that the door is closed; maybe it's even slammed in our face. In this case, I walk away too.

But there's another kind of person who knows he or she is in trouble and having problems, who asks for help, but because they are so hurt or messed up inside, and mayabe their self-esteem is really low, they have trouble changing, and they seem to self-sabotage. I see something different-- a ray of light behind all the chaos-- in these people, and I know deep down inside they are capable of being helped. And even the other ones, the ones who seem hopelessly mired in self-destruction... they often will come around too, maybe in a year, maybe in five years. Everybody wants to be good, and wants to be their best. Some people just can't do it at certain low points in their lives, and we have to just love them impersonally from afar and wait for a moment when the light shines again in their life and they're open and receptive.

It helps if we can take the attitude of the sage (not always easy, in my case!) that all 'evil' is impersonal. It is imposed from without, by the mass mind, and assimilated unconsciously by the human mind, and each of us unconsciously partake of one or another of various forms of error as part of our human journey. True spiritual healing sees the presence of God in each person, without judging their human foibles, and without judgment.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 25, 2009 11:53PM

Hows your buddy sweety?

Vinny

Date: October 26, 2009 03:22AM

Hi Vinny! Oh, you know, I haven't spoken to him this week. I'll send him an e-mail and ask how he's doing. Thanks for reminding me. I really appreciate your concern and healing prayers.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 01, 2009 03:03AM

Vinny--
I wrote to M. and sent him another article on diabetes, but this time real low-key. Also asked him how he was doing. He wrote back and was friendly, but didn't specify what's going on health-wise. (I think he forgot.) However, he's been really busy lately filming rallies, lectures and political gatherings for the local Indy media, and that's a good sign, because that's the kind of thing he loves to do.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 01, 2009 03:13PM

Thats great!
Being busy is a sure sign of doing well.

Vinny

Date: November 01, 2009 10:55PM

Vinny-- Got a telephone message from M. today that there is a vegetarian festival (with free vegetarian food) going on downtown today. I have a hunch he went. Good sign! And he sounded pretty happy! YAAAAAAAAAAY! We all need to help pull up each other's bootstraps sometimes. I'm so grateful people have been there for me when I've had problems.
You know, when you read about people's near death experiences, they almost invariably all say exactly the same thing: we're here to love and learn to love more, and that how much we are able to give and recieve love is the measure of our life's fulfillment.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 02, 2009 12:45AM

Kwan,
I really hope he will do well.
I agree with your philosophy too.

Vinny

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: November 02, 2009 04:02PM

The body of humanity in the exploitive, pyramid structured, material society we have created in the last 10,000, has been struck by a poisonous arrow. As we become increasingly removed from the vital strength of nature and our own soul we are unconscious to the source of the arrow, but instead go to great lengths to placate the symptoms of the poison. Joining the church of disease and orthodox medicine allows the pre-sovereign individual the fiction of attention and care. Through this false, saccharine concern we punish ourselves even further in an attempt to secure the loving compassion we have been depriving ourselves of. That which belies the life principle cannot heal the wound created by denying the life principle. Such is the awesome bind of suffering we have fallen into, blind to the cause and appealing to false cures and false Gods to assuage the pain that forever calls for us to wake up to Life!

“We cannot escape our feelings and thoughts through linear motion, geographic change, new relationships or change of activity. Change can only take place through inner struggle. Without it, we remain small, starving children crying for impossible gourmet delights while we refuse to give ourselves readily available sustenance. Of course resistance to change is enormous…We are hungry for reality and only the compassionate way of life can give it to us…Compassion is enhanced wherever and whenever consciousness displaces repression and unconsciousness and reality replace unreality.” 107-111, Compassion and Self-Hate, Theodore Isaac Rubin

Date: November 02, 2009 10:39PM

what is all this WE WE WE WE WE WE business

theodore isaac rubin needs to understand that he is better off speaking for himself

he is not MY spokesperson

i can't stand it when i read for the UMPTEENTH time. how WEEEEEEEE

are such AWFUL people doing STUPID things

its always the same old WE WE WE WE

obviously he is speaking about himself

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 02, 2009 11:03PM

Theodore Isaac Rubin reminds me of "The Screenwriter" in Fellini's 8 1/2.

Date: November 02, 2009 11:30PM

hahaha, LaV, you took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: November 03, 2009 05:30AM

[www.youtube.com] —Sugar: The Bitter Truth Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by fructose (too much) and fiber (not enough) leading to diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 03, 2009 09:22PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what is all this WE WE WE WE WE WE business
>
> theodore isaac rubin needs to understand that he
> is better off speaking for himself
>
> he is not MY spokesperson
>
> i can't stand it when i read for the UMPTEENTH
> time. how WEEEEEEEE
>
> are such AWFUL people doing STUPID things
>
> its always the same old WE WE WE WE
>
> obviously he is speaking about himself

I understand your point LaV, but why should it bother you ? I'm sure Theodore is using it in a relative manner to illustrate the zeiteist ( mentality ) of that time period. I can see that it may have critical and/or accusatory connotations... but so what ? He's got his own issues too smiling smiley

I find it quite a nicely poetic way to convey a concept that I also share myself. Even if it IS ! trying to be esoteric.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2009 09:23PM by Lightform.

Date: November 03, 2009 11:59PM

i'm not sure exactly why it bothers me, Lightform

that is a good question

and to be frank

i don't know why

but it just does

i guess its cuz i see it sooooooo many times

speeches, articles, people talking

and they always seem to start out like this

" WE are out of touch with nature and ignorant about what we are doing to the earth.

WE eat a bunch of junk food.

WE are ignorant about nutrition.

WE are a society that goes to McDonalds and ignores whole organic natural foods.

WE are obese.

WE have diabetes, heart disease, arthritis.

WE don't exercise.

WE need to change so it isn't this way.

WE WE WE WE

I don't eat junk food. I think I have a certain understanding of nutrition. I never go to McDonalds. I exercise regularly. I am not obese. I don't have diabetes, heart diesease or arthritis. I understand how our choices affect the planet. I have been taking measures for the longest time. When I read articles or hear speeches or people talking in the WE WE WE form. I never seem to hear any good stuff like " WE take care of our health. WE are cognizant of the effects we have on this earth and are valiantly striving to make daily improvements. WE keep abreast of the latest news and findings regarding health and nutrition. WE exercise regularly. WE are good people.

I never hear this in the WE statement when generalizing about society.

Yet I see and am more around these type of people and I think this is the norm and this certainly seems to be the trajectory... and so when I hear or read anything where they use WE to once again (for the zillionth time) talk about how
lazy, degenerate and depraved WE are.... it kind of gets old ... that's all... old and dreary... to hear the same WE WE WE are a bad bunch of ignoramuses.

Why does it bother me?

How the heck do I know?

I guess its some subconscious revulsion to being wrongfully scolded... must be some deep seated psychological childhood issues LOLsmiling smiley

i don't know

have no clue

don't care

just know I don't like it

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 04, 2009 01:44AM

La Veronique,

You're not the only one. I agree with you that it is frustrating to almost always hear negative generalizations about society - especially when they falsely accuse me!

Hearing positive comments would probably be more motivating to people to get them to eat right, exercise, recycle, etc., than fatalistic criticism. The expression, "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar," applies. I mean, "We" all love compliments and encouragement, don't we?

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 04, 2009 03:18AM

Ok... smiling smiley
Sorry LaV. My comment was made in the spirit of idealism and although I believe the philosophy of it is without fault, it was rather flippant in the context of what your feeling. I for one am very gratefull for your caring nature, and other people like yourself. It is my impression that there are many of ( US ), and that ( OUR ) number are growing fast. It's just that our old ways and old structures still dominate our media and infrastructure in general at present.

I think we are on the brink of a very noticable change now, and although it will involve a certain amount of heartbreak, I have an intuitive feeling that it will turn out fantastically in the end. I don't know what shape this will come in, but I'm certain that change will become very noticable very soon.

I think it helps to remember that it is all part of God, and also that every little thing DOES make a difference.

Date: November 04, 2009 07:53PM

HI trive

" catch more peoplezzzz with honey than with vinegar"

yeah..i just lurvvves that quotesmiling smiley

i guess i was chafing under the wallop of generalized vinegar even though its kind of dumb because i don't have to put myself under the spout of vinegar.. ya know.. i can just choose to step from out underneath the acerbic flowing

hi lightform

u say that the change will create an ensuing "heartbreak"

but i say that heartbreak has already occurred looooooong time ago

and the change will create a heart mend

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 04, 2009 07:58PM

very good points LaV smiling smiley now that you mention it that negative vibe is all over the place

maybe the only way to turn it around is use it in the same way BUT positivily

WE are healthy
WE eat fruits and greens
WE have love and compassion

hmm who knows maybe it would catch on ... smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 05, 2009 08:55PM

Jgunn:

<<WE are healthy
WE eat fruits and greens
WE have love and compassion >>

HA HA HA I LOVE IT!!!!
Now THAT is more LIKE it!!

viva la TRUTH!!

Date: November 20, 2009 02:41PM

Kwan,
How has your friend been doing?

Vinny

Date: November 20, 2009 10:39PM

Hi Vinny! (And bless you for asking about M.) He hasn't contacted me this week. I'll give him a 'poke' on Facebook and see if he'll reveal what's going on. I have gotten a couple of general e-mails from him lately about political- or peace-related activities where he takes videos, so I know he's been out and about.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables