Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My heart broke today
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:41AM

I have enjoyed interacting with alot of folks here so I feel safe in sharing this.

I had a cat who left me today.
I found him stiff on his chair in the basement.
He was only 4.

I live alone and it was nice to have him give his little massage"kneadings" on my tummy every day.

This is going to be a hard one.I really feel like I am sinking.

I wish everyone here well.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 01:46AM by eaglefly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My heart broke today
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 27, 2009 02:23AM

Oh Vinny, I'm so sorry! I know what it's like to lose one's fur-person. They are so precious! You are in my thoughts and meditation-prayers.

Besides losing my adorable sidekick, Gopi, in 1994, I had the unpleasant experience of taking care of my friend Bill's canary this summer and finding him lifeless and inert on the coffee table the day my friend was due to come home from a trip to Florida. I felt SO bad!! (I think I felt worse about the bird's demise than my friend did, ultimately.)

We are here for you.

XOXOX

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 27, 2009 03:50AM

Vinny,

The image you posted of your precious kitty snoozing in that adorable pose says it all. What a charmer he was!

It is very understandable that it is hard for you, especially with him being so young. We know it is a big loss and hear your pain.

Also, although you may encounter people who advise you to move on and get over it, taking time to grieve and remember is valid and worthwhile.

From another pet lover who understands,
Trive

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 27, 2009 05:29AM

oh Vinny im so sorry for the loss of yer baby sad smiley *huge hugs and comforting thoughts to you*

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:45PM

oooh, he was such a cutey! betcha he had a little heart of gold too. how sad for you, but how lovely that you got to spend time with that sweet little soul while he was here on earth.
~~~peaceful healing vibes to you~~~

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 27, 2009 03:17PM

Vinny,

My condolences. The wonderful thing about animals is that, because they are true and commit no grievances against us, when they leave us, we remember nothing but pure love and ceaseless devotion. Peace to you, friend.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: October 27, 2009 05:09PM

Vinny,

I'm really sorry! If he could talk to you, I'm sure he would thank you for the great life you gave him with all the love and shelter and care you gave him.

Please consider going to a shelter as soon as you are able and find another companion, there are so many cats who need you, and your love. And they make our lives so much better.

peace.

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: October 27, 2009 10:15PM

So sorry to hear that you have lost your little buddy; it must've been such a shock to discover him like that, and at such a young age...

I know he meant a lot to you; hold close all of the joy and special moments you shared...

{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}

Date: October 31, 2009 06:41PM

Thank you for all the wonderful support!
I went away for 4 days to my folks and have returned feeling better.

Vinny

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 31, 2009 09:46PM

Oh how sad..I can't stand the thought. I know how animals give such love and warmth to us.

I'm glad you are feeling better now.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 01, 2009 08:48PM

i never had a pet
so
i admit
i really don't understand
but in a way

i do

and

i
sorry

to eaglefly

i hope your feline soul
is in cat heaven
leaping over fields of gold petaled shimmering verdant stemmed flowers

Date: November 02, 2009 02:22AM

having an evening with a box of tissues.
not a good one.

I do appreciate everyones encouragement.

I wish I could have a Gopi experience.
I would give anything to have my kitty in my living room with me now.

Date: November 02, 2009 03:12AM

You can find a new little kitten..there is one that is 'waiting' for someone to love it and it's not a replacement for your loss but is a testimony to the love you have to share.

What was the name of your cat? I had a Gizmo, a Stripe, and a Hades..all wonderful cats. Gizmo was 9 years old and then was lost or caught by Coyote, Hades was all black and my mother cat who got fixed after I let her have 2 litters. All kittens as best as I could tell were given to loving homes and families as I did it myself. And Stripe was 17 years old and everyone loved that cat!

I have my lovely little Maltese dog now..and he is now 10 years old..he is my perennial 2 year oldsmiling smiley His name is Cushy.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 02, 2009 05:49PM

Thanks,
His name was Willy.
I think I will be going to the shelter in a few more days.

Vinny

Date: November 03, 2009 03:05AM

Vinny..when you find the next love of your life..post a picture..we'd love that!

Love,
Prism

Date: November 03, 2009 04:09PM

Oh I will,
And a pic of the new cat too winking smileywinking smiley

Vinny

Date: November 03, 2009 07:17PM

Hahaha..cute Vinnysmiling smiley

I'm waiting for my next love of my life..can you have 2 in 1 lifetime? I like to think so. The love of my life passed away at age 40 although we were not together anymore..I haven't dated in any serious way and it's been over 20 years.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 03, 2009 11:30PM

Prism,
I do believe love can happen twice.
Wow,40 is way too young to go!
20 yrs out of the dating scene?
Goodness.You must be terrified of re entering it.
I have only been out of the circuit for about a year now,and even that short a time gives me the willies sometimes.

Vinny

Date: November 05, 2009 08:58PM

Hi eagelfly

i hope you are feeling better

a box of kleenex is always a good idea

Date: November 06, 2009 12:40AM

Hi
Laveronique,
I am feeling better enough to build myself a new kitchen table and chairs in my wood shop.
Thanks .

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2009 12:42AM by eaglefly.

Date: November 06, 2009 03:26PM

Vinny,

What's in the little brown jugs on the bottom shelf of the steel rack? Nosy, aren't I?

Doing something useful requiring skill is a great mood lifter--it is something over which you have control and reimposes some order on your life. Nice work! I wish I lived near you so I could commission some things : )

Date: November 06, 2009 05:29PM

Tamukha,
Where abouts are you?
I am in south central Pa.

You are nosy.
That is old motor oil,that I need to get to a recycle center.
That shelf has all my auto supplies.
And the towels are cotton,and from Walmart.

Vinny

Date: November 06, 2009 08:59PM

Vinny,

Pity--I'm in Michigan : ) It's good that you can recycle hazmat where you are. it used to be frequently and efficiently done hereabouts, but I read in yesterday's paper the service may be discontinued as the county government tries to cut operating costs. Thank goodness I hauled all of my dad's old motor oil etc. off to the last pickup in September!

Will try not to be too nosy in future : )

Date: November 07, 2009 12:45AM

I love your table and bench work. What kind of finish are you going to do on it if anything? Can you just use something like linseed oil on it?

I also build things..not lately though. I've made country benches from scratch, starting with redwood, pine, or cedar. I've been thinking of doing some painted furniture..which I've been able to resell via consignment shops. It pays off..because I find furniture in garage sales, buy very cheap and then paint them and I've had tables, and chairs sell for $130 and up to $250 each. The most I spent on those things were $5 to $15.

I don't have any of my tools though..left my drill and jigsaw in Oregon at the house with the toxic mold issue. I couldn't take most of my stuff.

Vinny, I'm moving from a 4 bedroom house to a 500 sq. ft space! And one of my tenants from this large home is going with me! He'll get 1/4th of the space for his room and I'll get other 1/4th space for mine. Then we'll use the rest for a 'kitchen' and a common get together space like an entertainment ctr and small couch..something like that. Wish you were around here..'cause I don't think I can build cabinets or put in a sink and drain for the small kitchen area.

Did you make it to a shelter yet? I'm curious because I went looking at ours but online and the pets are so adorable..I really wanted to go adopt one, but I'm moving and the space is on very busy street..so I'm worried about my dog and am hoping he doesn't bolt away or get away and run for the street. We will have to be very careful about that.

Take care,
Love,
Prism

Date: November 07, 2009 03:24PM

Prism,
Thanks about the furniture.
I am going to use a water based stain,probably something medium in color.
Then top coat with poly.

Furniture is something that you can go so many directions with it.Your idea of buying bargains and fixing them up is a great one.Can be very high profit.

I built this whole kitchen set for about $30 worth of wood.

Hope you settle into your smaller space.My house is only 800 sq feet,and I feel cramped in it sometimes.I have been in a 400 sq ft apartment too.I think your mind adapts to whatever sized space you are in.

Vinny

Date: November 07, 2009 03:25PM

Ps.
Going to wait a bit till I search for my new kitty.

Vin

Date: November 08, 2009 03:32AM

Oh, 800 sq. ft..can you tell me what it's like, how it's divided, and what do you miss about more space?

Well..my parents (both are gone now) didn't want another dog after their last one..but my sister found a little rag a muffin wet and cold in the street..it was raining as it was in Portland, Oregon nearing winter time. She picked him up and took him to my mom and dad's house..and they of course took him in. He was probably just less than a year old I guess..they named him Rags. My dog looks a lot like Rags, so maybe he was part Maltese and part poodle. My son (he's 34 nowsmiling smiley was around 3 years old and loved that dog.

Rags lived to a ripe old age, and so later on they got a cat or 2..one lived to be over 17 years old. My mom was 82 yrs. old when she had to let him go.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 10, 2009 08:56AM

Hi Vinny,

HA HA... that is funny that you agreed Tamukha was nosy but if you think Tamukha is nosy... then u better think twice... because here are MY questions:

( be prepared.... VERRRrrrry prepared)

1. first of all, is that yellow thing above the motor oil antifreeze?

2. is the blue thing to the left adjacent to that some sort of massive amount of window cleaner like Windex?

3. how long did it take for you to make your table and chair?

4. how did you get into wood furniture making ( it is very beautiful by the way)

5. is your heart mending just a wee bit?

6. are you going to get another kitty?

7. are you going to ( per Prism's request) give us a pic of your next "love of your life" AND a pic of the new kitty too? LOLgrinning smiley

HA HA HA... u don't have to answer any of the questions

i just thought i wanted to out do Tamukha and be SUPER DUPER nosy

just for funsmiling smiley

feel free to not answer ANY of my questions

just wanted to check in with you to see that you are feeling better

that's all

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:59PM

Wow Eaglefly,

I don't know you that well but felt compelled to say a few things, first of all, I am truly sorry about your cat. I lost my dog about five years ago, I still feel sad when I think about her passing, but in time I began to smile again while thinking about her life. I hope that made sense. I am sure that you know what I mean. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Secondly, I am so envious of your amazing talent. To be able to take a raw material and create something so beautiful as that table and chair set. Wow! I wish that you lived near me, I would love to pay you to make a set for my abode! Will you take more pictures when you finish it? I am sure that it will be even more beautiful with a darker finish. Take care and thanks for sharing the pictures!

smiling smiley Deb

Date: November 10, 2009 02:22PM

lav,
Hi.
You can poke your nose into my business anytime.
Yes that is antifreeze and window cleaner.
That table took about 3 days to cut out sand and assemble.
I got into this from a very young age.
I had a workbench by age 8,and have gone at it ever since.
My heart is mending a wee bit every day,and a new kitty is on the way.
I will post pics of my new love,and kitty.I am connecting very nicely with someone on a dating service and plan to meet her soon.
Thanks for all your questions.
Deb,
Hi.
Sorry you lost your doggy 5 yrs ago.
Thank you about the table.
I dont know where you are,but I have a pick up truck and am willing to deliver stuff if its within about 2 hrs of me.I am south central Pa.
I applied a stain to one of the benches but its too dark.
I am going to try a lighter one.
I will post pics.
Hey...we ought to have a "hobby" thread on this site.

Vinny

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables