Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Break-up
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 19, 2010 06:14PM

Hi Folks,
Going through a relationship breakup now and its threatening my desires to stay raw and keep on track.Lots of comfort foods out there as we all know.I was almost sure she was the "one." But it has turned on a dime and she abandoned me in any attempt to work things out.
I was wondering how others here have handled breakups,and how you stayed on course with the right things to eat,and if you feel that the raw diet had a direct effect on your handling terrible emotions.

Thanks!

Vinny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Break-up
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 20, 2010 12:24AM

Gosh, I feel for you now. Raw foods are good for keeping us in touch with our emotions. Usually that's a good thing - but can seem like a bad thing when we'd prefer to avoid painful feelings. A SAD diet is a numbing diet, so I understand your desire for "comfort foods" to disguise the pain. However, suppressing emotions is only a stopgap measure; they need to be dealt with at some point.

When I have bad experiences and feel negative emotions, I have to fight my tendency to pull inward and instead seek a trusted listener who can let me express my hurt/pain/frustration/etc. Also, I like to write my thoughts and feelings in a journal. For example, it might be a good time to list all of the positive qualities you have because a break-up can be tough on your self-esteem and wrongly make you doubt yourself. Sometimes I write a conversation with myself in my journal (e.g., writing dialog between advice seeker and advice giver; having a "conversation" between the me that wants to give in and the me that is wise and strong). It may sound strange, but that usually helps me.

And you may want to find some ways to indulge yourself that you won't regret later. Buy that book you've wanted. Treat yourself to a movie you want to see. Take a short trip somewhere. You deserve to treat yourself well.

When I found myself divorced in my mid-thirties, I was despondent. I couldn't seem to find a good relationship and was afraid I never would. Then I decided to be as happy a person as I could on my own. One day I found myself sitting next to the man who is now my husband and soulmate. Remember that how you feel now is just a feeling and that things will change. I hope things brighten soon.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2010 03:34AM

Drink. But make it fresh juice. And sleep. And pamper yourself and give yourself the love that you wish for from a partner. I believe that when we are well loved, we attract good, healthy love from the world. That's what you want now, reconnect with your inner loving self and your friends and family who truly care for you. If it's possible to take this focus on comforting yourself outside of the realm of eating, to nourish yourself in another fashion, you may escape that trap of self inflicted pain and ill-treatment via bad diet. Best of luck to you. <3

Date: March 20, 2010 03:52AM

Trive and coco,

Thanks so much for your inspiration.!

I do keep a journal.
Its sometimes my only companion.
I live alone and that journal book is like someone to talk to.
I have fallen into the trap of going totally with the comfort foods,and going way off course in the past.
Something is different this time.
Like the energy from the break up itself is manifesting directly into the desire to eat right and exercise.This is a new concept for me for sure.But it is happening.I am glad it is.

Vinny

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: March 20, 2010 02:44PM

Moving FORWARD, the only way to go. Taking care of oneself, food, rest, movement. The best is yet to come. I believe that for myself.

Date: June 03, 2010 11:16PM

Things are looking real good in the relationship department nowsmiling smileysmiling smiley

Vinny

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: June 04, 2010 01:21AM

How great to see two happy faces side by side!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 05, 2010 12:12AM

Sorry about your loss Eagle. But maybe things are already looking up for you?

Hope so!

Date: June 06, 2010 03:25PM

Thanks.
Things ARE looking up as I am seeing someone new.

And she even likes raw foods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!

Vinny

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 06, 2010 04:45PM

Great news, Vinny! All the best : )

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 06, 2010 08:33PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks.
> Things ARE looking up as I am seeing someone new.
>
> And she even likes raw foods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Yay!!!
>
> Vinny

She likes raw foods? Sounds like a keeper! grinning smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 07, 2010 10:31AM

Awesomegrinning smiley congratulationsgrinning smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 08, 2010 06:22PM

Good for you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables