Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pavlov's Dog - the band
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 17, 2010 02:19PM

any of you old emough to remember this band.

Not sure when this montage was put together. [www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pavlov's Dog - the band
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:54PM

Sure, I remember even a little further back, c1968 sitting in social studies class discussing the welfare program in the US. This makes me think the programs didn't work out so well. Do you have the album?

Date: November 19, 2010 11:58PM

I can't say I remember the name of the band, Pavlov's Dog, but the song is familiar. On school break in the winter of '77 I took an English course in London and remember the Sex Pistols making a huge splash and have their album Never Mind the Bullocks, also one by The Stranglers (and saw them perform in Boston, US) and two by Siouxsie and the Banshees. The roses were still in bloom that year in early January on the grounds of Buckingham Palace.

Date: November 20, 2010 04:03AM

An early Pavlov's Dog album cover has a heavily collared dog at the foot of a chopping block and shedding tears.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: November 20, 2010 06:58AM

Yes I have that album and also one called The sound of the Bell.

I too have that Sex Pistols album - I was very into punk in my teenage years!

Date: November 20, 2010 12:40PM

A band I really liked was The Wipers, out of Portland, Oregon - US. They're considered Punk in retrospect but played purely for the art. I saw them in a club not much bigger than a postage stamp where they had two refrigerator size speakers set up on the dance floor which was intense. Yesterday while listening to When it's Over from their '81 Youth of America album I threw up a set of 110 handstands, a floor exercise I sometimes do. They say music is personal and I guess that one speaks to me. The lyrics speak of the American Dream and the frustrations that come with it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 12:51PM by loeve.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 20, 2010 02:08PM

This is a very interesting thread--hearing about this music from those who "were there!" makes it so vivid; thanks, you two smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables