Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Clothes
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:30PM

How great are these shoes!

[store.alloy.com]#

I love the style of clothes the girls are wearing these days - except for the tightness and shortness and low-cutness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clothes
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:59PM

My wife was looking over my shoulder when I clicked on this....now she wants a pair!!! The entire floor of our shared closet space is lined with her shoes...what's up with that? lol

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 29, 2011 12:00AM

Are crochet espadrilles back in style? Solid! If I can fit into the ones I had in '78, LOL! Sometimes retro fashion is atrocious, but this is cute smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 29, 2011 12:01AM

they look really flat and uncomfortable for long periods of time smiling smiley otherwise they are cute smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 29, 2011 12:10AM

I'm one of those girls who just can't stand having piles of shoes. I appreciate looking at them sometimes but only have a few pair myself. I tailor my wardrobe to suit (which means I don't have piles of clothes anymore either winking smiley ). Minimalist makes things so darn easy.

Date: January 29, 2011 12:26AM

coco,

don't you make a lot of your own/kids clothes?

Date: January 29, 2011 12:40AM

I do make some, I alter things a bunch and fix them and such too. But I try not to make extra clothes we don't need. My mom is ALWAYS sneaking more stuff into my house though. She's even started dropping off her own stuff here telling me to just "put it in the basement" for her. Sigh.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 29, 2011 12:49AM

LOL- this is SO 1981! Actually, more like espadrilles, but I remember the slip-ons, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2011 12:50AM by banana who.

Date: January 29, 2011 12:59AM

Well, my wife & I miss the 80's...maybe that is why she finds them so appealing, lol!

Date: January 29, 2011 01:07AM

I have all the music! That fits right in virtual land, takes up no space at all winking smiley.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 27, 2011 01:22PM

Here's another great pair of shoes on sale --

[www.boscovs.com]

More flats --

[www.boscovs.com]

Date: February 28, 2011 04:23PM

When does one get too old for wearing ballet flats? I love them, and look good in them, but when it's the only style I see in the Juniors shoe section, it gives me pause. I'm almost 40 . . .

I am going to have to find me a cobbler to make me shoes to order from eco friendly materials, like those crocheted shoes smiling smiley

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: February 28, 2011 08:07PM

Never. You're never too old. I'm 6'0" tall and half my shoes are flats. I'm comfortable with me wearing heels, but not everyone around me always is. winking smiley

Those shoes are very cute (especially the first pair), but they don't look like they'd stand up to the kind of beatings my shoes take.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 28, 2011 09:20PM

they all look pretty cutesmiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: February 28, 2011 11:55PM

I don't like them because I cannot fit into them! I remember having a pair just like that and they would not stay on my ankles. Plus I really don't like flats unless they are sneakers...

Date: March 01, 2011 12:26AM

heres something I thought some may enjoy, they are rather pretty, although insanely expensive,lol -Pierre Hardy Circle Platform Sandals, areound $1,000 I believe DX

A simple ankle strap might increase both the aesthetics and comfort/safety of these a little bit...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 01, 2011 12:41AM

Those pics won't load for me Curator.

I can't wear those little flat shoes either. I beat my foot wear up for one, I've got very high arches too. I do like flip flops in summer though. I know they are just a squishy bit of nothing but that's actually why I like them. They feel like nothing. The rest of the time I wear pretty supportive shoes, expensive (and cute) and particularly for good foot health.

Date: March 01, 2011 01:01AM

heres a facebook page that has a picture of them, and I believe its public
[www.facebook.com]

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 01, 2011 01:03AM

Peacock feathers are supposedly very bad luck. Expect a broken ankle with that foot gear!

Date: March 01, 2011 01:27AM

they arent made out of feathers,lol... they are made of various stones I believe

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 01, 2011 02:03AM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> heres a facebook page that has a picture of them,
> and I believe its public
> [www.facebook.com]
> 2&set=o.130048123678010&ref=nf

LOL!!! Are you serious, Curator? I like a bit of a heel but these are like 4-5 inches! Maybe as a teenybopper but not now...I meant that ballet flats don't stay on the back of my heel, not really as far up as the ankle. I don't know why...These days I wear mostly gym shoes or stuff with rubber souls (I mean soles, LOL).

Date: March 01, 2011 02:41AM

oh, I agree, tall shoes are scary, I think these would be way better without the heel,lol... I just think they are pretty, I do not think they are worth anywhere near what they ask though, I think they wuold be cooler as a flat, with some straps that went up a lil higher on the leg... kinda egyptian sandal style...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 01, 2011 03:11AM

Yeah, I actually used to have a pair of flats in 1982 that were kind of like those shoes you mentioned, in that they were metallic gold and had strings to wrap around the ankles like espadrilles. I thought they were really cool and that style has never come back...Yetwinking smiley For the most part, I thought the '80s were fugly for fashion, especially the second half. The mullets, big hair, boxy shirts and drainpipe jeans...Acid wash...Icky poo!

Date: March 01, 2011 05:01AM

I agree, 80's is a no go, well, except to occasionally find massive entertainment by how strange they where, *cough*Klaus nomi*cough*

I have to go or else Id post more, I found this dress kinda cute, ive seen a lot better, but I just saw this earlier and though some of you may find it interestingsmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 01, 2011 01:28PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they arent made out of feathers,lol... they are
> made of various stones I believe

Look again, some of those disks have the "eye" of peacock feathers on them.

I love that dress.

Date: March 01, 2011 05:26PM

coco,

I think those are abalone shells.

If the heels were an inch shorter, they'd be chic and classy. As it is, the shoes are simultaneously expensive looking and slightly upmarket of Fredericks of Hollywood looking. No one pays enough attention to the heel: unless you are a Kardashian, heels that high aren't for you. That's a compliment, btw smiling smiley

Curator,

That dress is adorable, but why, why such ugly shoes? All you focus on in the photo is those clumps of coal on her feet. Something strappy in a nice cordovan colored faux leather? Helloooooo?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 05:27PM by Tamukha.

Date: March 01, 2011 05:55PM

Guys, biggest circle on the right food, in the centre of the shoe. Definitely peacock feather.

Right HERE

Date: March 01, 2011 10:36PM

I dont believe its a real peacock feather its supposed to be all shell and stones, and even if it was, I dont believe certain items are bad or good luck, its obviously good luck for them cause everytime they make a batch of these shoes, they sell out immediately,lol... I do agree the heels are insane, flat or shorter I think they would be much nicer... seems like my original photos of them have been removed, but the link to a picture works though...

I love the dress in that photo tam, but I hate the shoes as well, just ignore the shoes, pretend she has no feet...hahaha

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 01, 2011 11:13PM

Pretend she has no feet--yes, that makes it all better!

Date: March 01, 2011 11:35PM

^_^ hehheehehesmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables