Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Clothes
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 02, 2011 01:39AM

This is one of my favorite styles --

[www.magnoliapearl.com]

And her decorating style is to die for --

[www.magnoliapearl.com]

[www.magnoliapearl.com]

[www.google.com]

[magnoliapearl.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2011 01:50AM by KidRaw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 02, 2011 03:44AM

awesomesmiling smiley I like the one where the straps criss cross on the back, and looks like its mostly see through, I think she is wearing some strange kind of pants under it too, looks really pretty, I think they are all nice though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 02, 2011 06:14AM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is one of my favorite styles --
The last link showed a guy wearing a similar style. I don't know if I'd have the courage to wear something like that....which 'jumps' out at you. I like clothes that are subtle, but on a second look, they say YES!!.....WY
P.S. You can tell a lot about a person just by the way they dress.

Date: March 02, 2011 08:22AM

I really like the shirt that guy is wearinggrinning smiley although I agree, its a tad bit loud, (for me,lol...) take the purple out, and id feel more comfortable wearing it, but I really like the lil purple whatever those are on it...id just feel less comfortable in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 02, 2011 02:24PM

I'm not really a fan of the Stevie Nicks-on-vacay-in-Morocco look, in clothing or home design, but I appreciate the freewheeeling nature of it and I love how colorful it all is. There are elements in the home design stylings that I'd love to apply to my own decorating . . . And though they'd be weird to wear at first, I bet bloomer pants are comfy! Thanks for posting the links, KidRaw smiling smiley

Date: March 02, 2011 03:21PM

ah! thats what those where! bloomers! they did look comfy.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 02, 2011 05:30PM

I've never liked that Gibbous inspired rag-bag look personally. Like the garbage lady from Labyrinth, you know? So many layers and ends and fussy bits and pieces, oh man, I can just imagine how hard it is it move round and do anything with all that fabric falling all around you. It's sort of whimsical and pretty in it's way for like theater or something but I am so much more practical in my dress. If it is bothersome to wear in any way at all I am not into it.

I like the rooms too, very pretty to look at. Not my style since I am so minimalistic and it's very busy and distracting but again, like a theater set, neat to look at.

Date: March 02, 2011 06:08PM

I like that one though that was criss crossed and kinda see through, it seemed really light and simple, unlike all the rest... they all look pretty though, I just dont think id wwear most of that kinda stuff, even though I like the look of it.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 03, 2011 10:17PM

Heres a skirt I thought some of you may like, its a bit short, but then again she also looks like she is probably pretty tall, so it would be longer on a more average person...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 03, 2011 10:42PM

Nice--like the way it ruches at the hem smiling smiley

Date: March 03, 2011 11:03PM

holy crap, that above picture is bigger than I thought it was... it was a quarter of that size on the page I looked at it on...
@tam, yeah, its coolsmiling smiley hehe

Heres another one I think some might like.

And this one...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 11:04PM by Curator.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: March 03, 2011 11:21PM

Curator,

The way you are into woman's fashion kinda concerns me, lol...

Date: March 03, 2011 11:26PM

Meh, I like a lot of boy clothes these days. Whatever floats yer boat!

I need help picking out some hiking boots actually. And camping gear. Just what do you wear when you're "roughing it"?

Date: March 03, 2011 11:37PM

jk, im not particularly into woman's clothing, I am posting things that I think are pretty, so as to take part in the discussion, obviously none of them would look good on me, especially with this wrestlers body,lol... but I have to say, that I dont really care about people that like to wear clothing meant primarily for the opposite sex, as its just clothing, which sex it is for is a subjective judgment placed on pieces of fabric by society... and that makes no sense to me... On the other hand, I think if one derives sexual pleasure from wearing the opposite sexes clothes, thats a fetish...and a tad bit odd... but no more odd than any other fetish...

Back on topic, Heres one I bet a few of you will likesmiling smiley

Also, that staff is really awesome too,lol

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2011 11:38PM by Curator.

Date: March 04, 2011 01:08AM

The maxi dress coming back into style is a boon, I think, because they are comfy and can be dressed up or down. They're like a muumuu but without the stigma of Mrs. Roper-yness!

The cocktail dress with the black field and turquoise and fuschia abstract pattern is smashing--thanks for posting smiling smiley

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 04, 2011 01:18AM

Tamukha Wrote:
> The maxi dress coming back into style is a boon, I
> think, because they are comfy and can be dressed
> up or down. They're like a muumuu but without the
> stigma of Mrs. Roper-yness!
>
> The cocktail dress with the black field and
> turquoise and fuschia abstract pattern is
> smashing--thanks for posting smiling smiley

LOL @ Mrs. Roper-esque!!! I know exactly what you are talking about...They are called house dresses, but '70s style!

Curator: I used to dress like that in the '90s when miniskirts were all the rage. I wear skirts like that now, but closer to the knee. I even looked like the model a bit when I was younger--I have that skin tone and long dark hair...I aspire to get back to that fitness level, at least as much as I can in my 40swinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2011 01:21AM by banana who.

Date: March 04, 2011 03:42AM

haha, thanks tam, glad you liked them...

sooooo nanners... you live in california? winking smiley... lol j/ktongue sticking out smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 04, 2011 08:10AM

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2011 08:19AM by Curator.

Date: March 04, 2011 08:58PM

Middle on--cute!

Bottom one--too young girl's pinafore

Top one--pardon the weird skin rash on my legs, everyone, seeing the dermo tormorrow!

Date: March 05, 2011 02:00AM

ROFLMAO! I THOUGHT ALMOST THE EXACT SAME THING! hahaha, I think some simple black ones would have looked much nicer, but I think the rest of the outfit is rather cute, not sure what a pinafore is, but I thought the design was kind of cool, but weirdly looked more like something youd sleep in rather than go out in, and the pose was weird to me,lol

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 05, 2011 02:34AM

Ive soooo hijacked Kidraws thread, hahahaha... at least ive stayed on topic with it thoughtongue sticking out smiley ,lol

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 02:34AM by Curator.

Date: March 05, 2011 02:54AM

Top left looks like stained glass, very pretty fabric.

Those leggings were bad. Looked like she fell down some stairs, poor girl.

Date: March 05, 2011 02:57AM

I thought the same thing! it was so pretty, I loved the top left, I didnt like the second picture attached to it though, but didnt feel like downloading and editing it,lol...

hahaha, yeah, those leggings where funny looking,LOL

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: March 06, 2011 03:14PM

coco Wrote:
> I need help picking out some hiking boots
> actually. And camping gear. Just what do you wear
> when you're "roughing it"?

Picking out hiking/camping gear really depends on a plethora of factors. In my experience clothing-wise, you cannot go wrong with some good nylon hiking pants - the ones that you can zip the legs off to have shorts. Buy them big enough to be able to put a layer underneath if needed. When its hot and sweaty out they do not stick to you and if you happen to fall into a lake or get rained on, they dry really quickly.

"Sigh" patiently waiting for the mountains to thaw.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 06, 2011 07:01PM

That's okay, Curator, for hijacking my thread, because actually I'm not much into clothes now that I'm older. I'd rather spend the money on something else. I don't really care how I look anymore, except how it affects my family. I don't want them to be ashamed of me. When we're all together and going out to eat, my girls get me all dressed up in their clothes, and they say "Oh, you look so cute."

But when I went to my high school girl's parent teacher's conferences, and saw a lot of other mothers there, it was depressing. From the back or side, they looked great, all dressed up in the latest fashions, like their daughters do, but when you saw their faces, in their 40's and 50's, it's not pretty, and they look silly or something, like they're dressing too young. I'd like to wear clothes that fit my age, but I'm not sure what that would be. Lace, long flowing hippie style, tailored (I hate tailored), classic (not into classic). Maybe light colors. But I like lace, ruffles, frilly, flowery, flowing, flimsy, dressy clothes.

Here's a style I love, if I was young and beautiful -

[www.newport-news.com]

Date: March 06, 2011 08:08PM

those look cool kidraw, all I gotta say, and maybe it doesnt carry as much weight from a young male, is whatever you feel GOOD in you should wear, whether you feel its age appropriate or not, if you like it and you feel pretty in it, the rest dont mattersmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: March 06, 2011 11:44PM

Kidraw,

I agree with Curator; Don't view yourself as "too old" to wear those clothes. If you "feel it" & like it, then wear it.

My wife is "40's" & dresses exactly like those pics you posted. I think she looks young & very cute, er...hot! in those styles.

Mature women look great in those "young" styles, even though many think that they don't; I feel that when you start to dress "old", it makes you feel old...

Date: March 06, 2011 11:57PM

yeah, its only when they start wearing like the er, less than savory young styles... what I refer to as "Hooker Couture." is where it gets really weird for me... actually I find it unpleasant no matter who is wearing it,lol

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 07, 2011 01:43AM

Mature women look great in SOME of the younger styles, but please remember how bewildered you felt the first time you saw a post-middle aged woman with fleece yoga pants on that had "JUICY" stamped across the posterior. An image that cannot be lobotomized away.

On the other hand, I don't think it's fair for only young women to be allowed to wear really feminine clothes. There has to be a middle ground which any age woman can occupy. You wear too much lace at once, and you end up looking like crazy old Miss Havisham from "Great Expectations," but a little here and there, and some fitted items paired with more flowing items, and it should look wonderful. If you wear the younger style and don't look like you are trying to appear younger, you've pulled it off! smiling smiley

Date: March 07, 2011 02:09AM

hehe smiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables